Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

Ah just spotted some extra aging you've done here. Wow love the added dark spots on the emitter. I've looked at that emitter (in the film) a 100 times now and never picked that up. Great eye. Assuming that's just some neat a14 added to thosee spots?

Looking forward to the clamp mod vid.

Attachments

• IMG_7497-1.jpg
    IMG_7497-1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 127
Ah just spotted some extra aging you've done here. Wow love the added dark spots on the emitter. I've looked at that emitter (in the film) a 100 times now and never picked that up. Great eye. Assuming that's just some neat a14 added to thosee spots?

Looking forward to the clamp mod vid.

I do that scorch mark with aluminum black, the little blue bottle. With q-tips

You are supposedly not suppose to use Q-tips to apply this stuff. But for the scorch mark I have never had a problem

I gotta edit the clamp mod, this after noon then upload ;)

I use Q-Tips to apply aluminum black all the time!

Why do they say you're not supposed to?!

I mean, it doesn't always work as well as a cotton ball, but it was fine for darkening the little angle-brass rails on my Luke Hero control box.

I use Q-Tips to apply aluminum black all the time!

Why do they say you're not supposed to?!

I mean, it doesn't always work as well as a cotton ball, but it was fine for darkening the little angle-brass rails on my Luke Hero control box.

There is some kind of formula in the Q-tip, I don’t know what it is, but I’ve read gun owners having a hard time with Q-tips because of this formula that’s in it

Huh, well I'll be dagummed. I tayull you whut, learn somethin' new ev'ry dagummed day!

I’m so excited I got my stencils today!!!! I am so ready to finish this project after a long time waiting. I ordered the hilt like in October or November and recieved it and the rest of the parts as a Christmas gift so I’ve been waiting for a long time to get to this point.
I also did the bleach method for aging if anyone’s wondering.

Attachments

• D51AD47C-1458-4485-92C9-DC0E779980C8.jpeg
    D51AD47C-1458-4485-92C9-DC0E779980C8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
I’m so excited I got my stencils today!!!! I am so ready to finish this project after a long time waiting. I ordered the hilt like in October or November and recieved it and the rest of the parts as a Christmas gift so I’ve been waiting for a long time to get to this point.
I also did the bleach method for aging if anyone’s wondering.

Looks great!

I can't wait to finish mine, just need my wallet to recover after a load of Christmas gifts.

I got new parts coming Saturday, I got the emitter spinning but fried the controller before I could make a video. In my hast I wrapped the controller in electrical tape, and forgot to heat shrink 1 wire connection to the motor..

Inside is real tight, swinging it around with the blade on, the wire moved and grounded out on the body and fried it

I rushed to the nearest RC shop, but they didn’t have the parts I need. They ordered it for me and they will be in Saturday. Should be up and running Saturday... fingers crossed boys!

AF8FF640-02F9-417A-93D7-38CACEE3959C.jpeg

4D3AF472-CB1E-457D-BFAB-C47D2921561C.jpeg

so freaking cool!!!!! never even realized the body could short it out. *facepalm

the rod and motor set-up look very professional.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back