Bandai release schedule

Yeah, that "super" announcement is an Executor. And at the risk of tooting my own horn, but I totally called the R2 announcement of the K't'inga. So... toot-toot.

It would be crazy if it was in the same scale as the mini-star destroyer (which would make the kit, what, 4 feet long!), but that seems unlikely. I'd bet the kit will be 6-10 inches in length, max. I don't want to do the math on what scale that is, but that means we'll have the mini-Death Star, the mini-star destroyer, the Super star destroyer, and the Blockade Runner all at different scales. At what point do we just stop caring about scale and just go full Revell? :lol:

Yeah, that "super" announcement is an Executor. And at the risk of tooting my own horn, but I totally called the R2 announcement of the K't'inga. So... toot-toot.

It would be crazy if it was in the same scale as the mini-star destroyer (which would make the kit, what, 4 feet long!), but that seems unlikely. I'd bet the kit will be 6-10 inches in length, max. I don't want to do the math on what scale that is, but that means we'll have the mini-Death Star, the mini-star destroyer, the Super star destroyer, and the Blockade Runner all at different scales. At what point do we just stop caring about scale and just go full Revell? :lol:

More than likely 3-4 inches max.

Vehicle model collection stuff has all been small and I think is designed to fit in a certain volume of space (remember, the 1/144 U-Wing, Falcon, Slave-1 etc... are not listed as being part of the Vehicle Model Collection)

so my guess, 5" to 6"

Gimme a 1/12 IG-88 and Probot and I'm happy for Empire's 40th anniversary. :)

Add a 1/12 Destroyer "Droideka" Droid and I'm just happy.

I saw Bluefin mentioned a few posts back, and that it is Bandai owned.
I once heard that they offered replacement parts for Bandai kits (Gundam, I assume).
I did a little research, and if I'm correct, they do not offer replacement parts to U.S. customers (unless kit was purchased through Bluefin recently and you have reciept to prove it).
Anyone happen to know if I'm correct on that?
I lost a small part off a 1/72 X-Wing (I won't say it was lost due to stupidity and oversight, but...:whistle:).

Last edited:
There's an IG assassin droid in the Mandalorian, so we might get one at last!

For the character line, we could potentially see a couple of new First Order Troopers, a revised Kylo Ren, an inevitable BB-8 and D-0 pack (or BB-8, 3PO and D-O pack) and who knows what else from Rise of Skywalker. The timing is right.

After that, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger push on two packs of 1/144 mini-ships, where we'll see some of the missing prequel and sequel ships pop up... It would allow them to reuse stuff from the vehicle models and do another themed series after the Astromech droids.

Hmm... I'd like a 1/32 scale or 1/16th scale diorama of the trash compactor scene with the OGs of Star Wars. And I want it motorized with a soundclip. Stop it brain. Enough with the projects...

I honestly think it could be scratch built,...theres not anything complicated in his design...(apart from how he moves)

J

You’re probably right. It’s not too complicated a design so I’m sure a few folks could do a good job. Watching the ep. IX panel at celebration, I noticed JJ say that they didn’t actually have a functioning, moving D-0 until they built one specifically for the panel.

Watching the ep. IX panel at celebration, I noticed JJ say that they didn’t actually have a functioning, moving D-0 until they built one specifically for the panel.

That was true for BB-8 on TFA as well. All of the shots of him rolling in the movie are CG. The only time it's a real puppet is when it's stationary and kind of wiggling back and forth. They finally got a working one in time for Celebration in 2015. I could go into a rant about their "practical effects" PR offensive, but I'll resist.

F1062508-828C-4C5D-B118-6B617F500DAD.jpeg
That was true for BB-8 on TFA as well. All of the shots of him rolling in the movie are CG.

Sort of. Some of the shots of BB rolling along, on Jakku for instance, were filmed using the practical droid. They just had a guy dressed up in green with green handles pushing/rolling him from behind.

I could go into a rant about their "practical effects" PR offensive, but I'll resist.

Phew! ;)

I think we could see new troopers and vehicles from the Rise of Skywalker and those Purge Troopers from Jedi Fallen Order, The Mandalorian and his ship and IG-88 would be cool! And more than a few of us have wanted Super Battle Droids, Imperial Probe Droid, Destroyer Droids(Droideka) for a while. And since the news/rumors are after Rise of Skywalker Star Wars movies will be on a break for a while. It would be the perfect time to do a Fan Poll to see what models are wanted most and in what scale. All scales that we have gotten could be covered in the Fan Poll 1/144, 1/72 and 1/12 and any others I may have left out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back