Bandai release schedule

I like the new TIE better than the TIE Silencer, which was okay. I can already imagine how Bandai will be breaking down the sprues and parts by colors. At the same time, the design is essentially a TIE Interceptor with a new paint job. I'm hoping for some more original and cool designs for TROS.

If a 1/350 Rebel Blockade Runner is released, something good will have come out of the Sequel Trilogy, after all. ;)

Some nice designs from The Mandalorian, The Razor Crest

image.png

image.png

image.png

J

I find the lack of Bandai reveals disturbing... I guess they are prepaing for Ep IX and the upcoming TV shows.

With IG-88 starring in "The Mandalorian" I really hope that Bandai will make a properly scaled and stable IG unit. I skipped the Hasbro one because of its small statue, weird colouring and weak legs.

Hopefully they are not taking the approach they did with the second series of the Space Battleship Yamato.

They have produced very few new models and instead have been concentrating on repopping new variants of the same kit basically recolored Andromeda class and Dreadnoughts much like how they keep repopping all of the astromech variants or Resistance X-wing variants.

The reason for the lack of new Yamato kits was this ..

"Next, I asked him about merchandising. Specifically, why the drop in model kits compared to 2199? Simply put, Bandai overproduced on the previous show and sales weren’t as strong as they’d hoped."
Yamatour 2019 Travelogue, Part 3 | CosmoDNA

I have a feeling that The Force Awakens kits were not quite the haul they were hoping for and going into the The Last Jedi caused them to be more cautious. Considering all the backlash of Last Jedi, that is making them even more reluctant to go all out with The Rise of Skywalker kits.

I am guessing they are getting more return on releasing original trilogy ships and figure kits and possibly waiting to see how important some of these ships will be in the new movie.

At the very least, I am guessing a new X-Wing color variant and possibly a new 1/144 Falcon variant. After that, I wouldn't hold my breath until they see how well things take off?

I'd love to see that new Tie Interceptor

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back