Batman 89 Speargun *COMPLETE*

It's been awesome watching you pull this thing into focus! Doing a hardcore accurate version of this ahas been on my bucket list for yeeeaaars.

One fussy minor note- In your 3d model, the ring of holes on the "Launcher barrel" have a weird flat side to each of the holes . If this was machined by hand in 1988 it would probably be done with a normal circular drill bit or end mill.

Untitled-1.jpg

Also the the groove on the rear site has a bit of V shaped groove to it.
View attachment 1306670
Thanks Nick. I'll see you on the V of the rear site. Good catch. The indents on the the lower barrel are the result of a round end mill, but the little flat edges are the result of the diameter of the bit extending past the angle of the piece. I have some photographic evidence that this is accurate-is.

So, it's not often I get to work with someone else on a project. And I can't go any longer without publicly thanking Nightwing Returns for his advice and suggestions in the last months of this project. I think I stated on May 6th that I was "done". Boy was I wrong. Nightwing Returns (Kevin) has been feeding me thoughtful suggestions based on photos that I don't think many people have seen. Working with him we have literally corrected dozens of "small things" that are all making this replica 1000% more accurate.

Here's some drool-worthy new images of the (I swear we're close) final files.

And thanks again Kevin!

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 10.21.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 10.21.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 10.26.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 10.22.29 PM.png

So, it's not often I get to work with someone else on a project. And I can't go any longer without publicly thanking Nightwing Returns for his advice and suggestions in the last months of this project. I think I stated on May 6th that I was "done". Boy was I wrong. Nightwing Returns (Kevin) has been feeding me thoughtful suggestions based on photos that I don't think many people have seen. Working with him we have literally corrected dozens of "small things" that are all making this replica 1000% more accurate.

Here's some drool-worthy new images of the (I swear we're close) final files.

And thanks again Kevin!

View attachment 1307403
View attachment 1307404
View attachment 1307405
View attachment 1307406

It has been a pleasure, my friend. We’re so close and it looks fantastic. You’ve completely outdone yourself. Thank YOU for making this possible. Outstanding work!

That is incredible!

And fast!!

That vector blueprint I made is really old though. I really need to go check for newer reference. On the old DVD, there's a shot of the bat gadgets all spread out that has the Tranq in BW where can barely see that they kept the oval depression shape on the magazine. I need to check to see if the blu ray has this image at a higher resolution. I also think the front should probably be a series of holes. One for each separate dart.

Attachments

• tranq22.jpg
    tranq22.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 170
  • tranq21.jpg
    tranq21.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 169
  • PDVD_000.jpg
    PDVD_000.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 159
  • PDVD_001.jpg
    PDVD_001.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
That is incredible!

And fast!!

That vector blueprint I made is really old though. I really need to go check for newer reference. On the old DVD, there's a shot of the bat gadgets all spread out that has the Tranq in BW where can barely see that they kept the oval depression shape on the magazine. I need to check to see if the blu ray has this image at a higher resolution. I also think the front should probably be a series of holes. One for each separate dart.
I personally think your old vector has the attachment upside down. I believe it attaches the way it's laid out on the table because that's also how it is in the vault door. Why would it sit upside down in the vault display? I think what sticks out of it attaches to the lower attachment of the gun, like both the other secondary attachments.

Then there's this photo. The handle is going one way, the attachments are going the other.

Either way, Valor did great at converting your vector.

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-06-09-12-06-15.png
    Capture+_2020-06-09-12-06-15.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 175
Slight tweaks to the clip for the darts. Indented shape on the sides per nick daring. Also added some detents on the back that will correspond to a little raised ball on the inside. Hoping it makes a little click-click-click to register the clip from dart to dart.
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.16.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.16.45 PM.png

It just doesn't set well with me that it's literally displayed differently than it would go.

But, dare I say, it's not even an attachment for the gun? It's the only attachment displayed on the door, if it is. And it's the only attachment that's not black. What if it's a separate entity? Those 2 tabs are pretty far apart to be the same tabs on the gun (I mean, they're so close together on the gun everyone always believed them to be 1 pin.). Just a thought.

It just doesn't set well with me that it's literally displayed differently than it would go.

But, dare I say, it's not even an attachment for the gun? It's the only attachment displayed on the door, if it is. And it's the only attachment that's not black. What if it's a separate entity? Those 2 tabs are pretty far apart to be the same tabs on the gun (I mean, they're so close together on the gun everyone always believed them to be 1 pin.). Just a thought.
See? Very respectful disagreement :)

I totaly Agree that the gun reel section looks super awkward with all the attachments except the main spear gun attachment.

My main thinking is that-

The double connector pins show up at the top of the normal spear gun attachment.

And that lower barrel Connection area is treated as the “main barrel” on the other attachment pieces. That is the part of the reel that shoots out the “thrust”.

Thats my theory anyways.

Fun to see people talking about this mega obscure stuff. Loving it.

I’ll dig into my ref folder for some supporting images later.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back