Batman 89 Speargun *COMPLETE*

I totaly Agree that the gun reel section looks super awkward with all the attachments except the main spear gun attachment.

My main thinking is that-

The double connector pins show up at the top of the normal spear gun attachment.

And that lower barrel Connection area is treated as the “main barrel” on the other attachment pieces. That is the part of the reel that shoots out the “thrust”.

Thats my theory anyways.

Fun to see people talking about this mega obscure stuff. Loving it.

I’ll dig into my ref folder for some supporting images later.

Agreed! It's fun having a group effort/discussion. Especially when it's friendly and we can discuss without being dismissive of each other's opinions. We need more of that nowadays. Lots more.

Back to the attachment :) I would normally be inclined to agree with you about the tabs. It makes sense. But I feel like they're too far apart. They stand out so well on such a little photograph. Look at these bigger photos of the gun, you can barely tell there's 2 because of how close together they are. What if, and just hear me out, they connect in to the notches on the cylinder above the trigger? What if it's a spinning mechanism that makes the clip move with each trigger pull? It's so unfortunate we never got to see the tranq or the spinning parts gun on screen :(

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-06-10-17-37-09.png
    Capture+_2020-06-10-17-37-09.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 178
  • batarsenalgrapple1_zpsd7de74fb.jpg
    batarsenalgrapple1_zpsd7de74fb.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 202
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 195
All of you shut up and take my money!!! I need all these attachments!!! I'm looking at you Valor. Seriously, would love to see a run of these less/never made attachments. Great work on all the models Valor... and great research contributed by everyone.

And can we address the lack of functionality behind the IDEA of these attachments. So, the body of the gun, which for the most part is a REEL of cord. Is somehow also the propulsion device for all these other items? Before I knew of these accessories, I assumed the front portion of the gun was the firing section, and the back was just the line holder. NOT that movie props always make sense :)

Here's a sequence from a BTS video of the vault door-
1591835581734.png

and a tight comparison of the BW and color photos-
1591835618128.png

This image was from some weird official concept marketing press kit paperwork from an ancient Ebay auction. Probably 15 years ago hence the terrible quality. It might have been what sent me on the mission to figure this stuff out even.
1591835732029.png

1591835787927.png

1591835891527.png

And some copies of gadget concept art. This where I got the info to label it as a "Tranq Gun". Again from an ancient Ebay auction-
1591836122614.png

1591836135000.png

1591836148074.png

I think that be everything I have on the Tranq.

Last edited:
Here's a sequence from a BTS video of the vault door-
View attachment 1308478

and a tight comparison of the BW and color photos-
View attachment 1308479

This image was from some weird official concept marketing press kit paperwork from an ancient Ebay auction. Probably 15 years ago hence the terrible quality. It might have been what sent me on the mission to figure this stuff out even.
View attachment 1308480
View attachment 1308481

View attachment 1308482

And some copies of gadget concept art. This where I got the info to label it as a "Tranq Gun". Again from an ancient Ebay auction-
View attachment 1308483

View attachment 1308484

View attachment 1308485

I think that be everything I have on the Tranq.
Opening all of these ... squinting with old eyes. I'm starting to think I should take a close look at the Zapruder film next.

And can we address the lack of functionality behind the IDEA of these attachments. So, the body of the gun, which for the most part is a REEL of cord. Is somehow also the propulsion device for all these other items? Before I knew of these accessories, I assumed the front portion of the gun was the firing section, and the back was just the line holder. NOT that movie props always make sense :)

See, I always thought the same thing... I didn't want to offend anyone in this thread by pointing it out. So I entirely agree. The reel of cable takes up so much of the volume of that half of the speargun I can't imagine how it would be the actual launcher. I guess movie magic.

I can't stop. Obviously taking a lot of liberties with this.

Valor is on fire :D. realy great result!!

EDIT:
I think the only thing which is currently missing, is a nice display for it, where you can also attache the other weapon upgrades :).

Last edited:
Files for the speargun and tranq dart attachment have been released to the printers. Most of the gun is being printed in resin by Corellia Creations (RPF Members) ... Some parts are being done in real brass (The dart) ... Should be a few weeks to get parts back.

The resin parts will come back white. I'm hoping I can dye them black. Anyone have any experience with that?

I received the printed pieces in the mail today from Corellia Creations. And holy hell are they beautiful. I can't tell you how impressed I am with the process of working with them: Great service, quick turnaround, reasonable cost, and beautiful pieces. Seriously, check them out: Service - SLA Resin 3D printing Service

Okay, so the parts arrived in a white resin. I heard you can dye resin prints so I wanted to give that a try. I used a couple different black polyester fabric dyes I found at Hobby Lobby. I didn't boil the water (concerned about warping parts) so I just used hot tap water. The parts came out more of a dark blue but that's fine. My goal was to have the resin darker so if the paint gets scratched it isn't white resin poking through.

I've got the parts mostly cleaned up and a coat of black primer. I'm telling you, seeing the parts turn black kinda gave me goosebumps. It's so cool finally seeing this piece coming to life.

IMG_3266.jpeg
IMG_3267.jpeg
IMG_3270.jpeg
IMG_3276.jpeg
IMG_3277.jpeg
IMG_3278.jpeg
IMG_3279.jpeg
IMG_3280.jpeg
IMG_3281.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg
IMG_3283.jpeg
IMG_3285.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back