Bigturc's Tie Bomber thread

Welcome here Ronan! Not many peeps from Quebec around here! ;)

So, the thing that was scaring me the most in the fact that I reduced my wing extensions, was that it had originally been laser etched by Joe and now I needed to scribe them .. good thing I got that Tamiya scriber .. a life saver!!! I think they came out pretty nice too!

Also here`s how I make sure that my styrene rods are nice and straight and all at equal distance along my wings. I cut a styrene bar at width around 3mm and use it to glue my rods to the extensions. That way, everything is nice, clean and straight!

The only downside is that some of the joint for the extensions popped while rescribing .. I'll have to revisit them with more ca glue?!?

large.jpg
large.jpg

I felt alone too before I came in here .. oh no, wait .. I was not even in the building prop hobby before I came in here!!!!! :)

Anyway, a lot of good passionate folks in here!!

That's just styrene added to the back of the part. You can see it clearly in one of the photos where it's under construction.

Craig

Boy .. it's been a while!!!

The other day, I was staring at my Bomber on my desk, and he was staring back at me with this sad expression on his window .. and I promised him I'd get it done!

Fixed the bomb to the body, remove the extra wing lips I still had on one side, permanently fixed the cockpit window to the body [there won't be a pilot in there], finished putting the styrene rods on the left wing.

Now, I'm scutinizing the pics I took of the Bomber at Identities and making sure my wings will have the rods and plating as accurately as I can. I think I snatched details that I haven't seen on any other bombers before .. pics will come later!

Joe,
I know it`s been a while, but I managed to snapshot a really clear shot of that piece on the wing extension as seen here. And I really doubt it's the Rodney part as you thought .. let me know what you think! I checked my Rodney sprues and coudn't find anything that fit .. Click for higher rez.

Just finished going through the Karl, Leopold, 88mm, Flakvierling38, 25pdr, Hanomag, Rodney and Yamato and couldn't spot that part. :cry

Thanks Nazgul, here's a couple shots of the wing I'm almost done with. Only the lower side to do but I need to figure out if they have the little Rodney parts too, cause if they do, I won't use them as I have only 1 Rodney kit, so that's 12 of them. I'll probably skip 2 to fit :)

I found it super hard to glue the long bars straight and don't make a mess with the glue. I'm not really happy with how clean they came out, but I've definitely seen worst! :)

large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg

Al, check post 330 above. The part would have to be modified. I am open to other possible donors, though. It is a tough one after all. Awesome pic BTW!

Joe

Yeah .. But still, i don't think it's the part! Unless I got too much fumes, it doesn't look the shape! I'll draw what i mean!

I hear ya. I wish I had my pc with all my photo programs. Your pic would help debunk that part. LMK what ya have. It'll be a couple of months before I get my household goods shipped to me.

Joe

Thanks to Bigturc's pics, I've been able to ID those pesky little parts on the wings. For those interested the part comes from the ESCI 10/4. I've included pics.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back