Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

The conversation has long since passed this point, but my friend and I were joking that it would be great if the fifth and sixth riders were not given seats but some kind of harness so they could stand up and lean over the shoulders of seats 3&4 like people are always doing in the movies

anyone else remember back in the E ticket days, walls and walls of toy muskets and pistols in Adventure Land?
What is this "E ticket" of which you speak? :confused:

I'm joking, of course. Not only do I remember the ticket books (and yes, the toy muskets and faux coonskin caps), but over the weekend we were doing some spring cleaning and I found one in a cardboard box in the garage. Strangely, it's nearly full; I think only one D ticket is missing. o_O

301B4AE8-FED5-4FDA-82A8-9D2DEAB3BA17.jpeg
First revealed at Star Wars Celebration Chicago, exclusively designed Coca-Cola products are coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge when the immersive new land opens at Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
https://attractionsmagazine.com/gal...UEPLN0HSQ0kvm8YeKp3lCu5xvUQpSGVUikWbKsCC1BAH8

So this may be old news but apparently the “no adult costumes” rule is going to be upheld, even with costumes purchased within the parks. The blasters make sense as a safety issue, but this seems like a step too far when asking people to shell out for these costumes while simultaneously barring them from being worn

So this may be old news but apparently the “no adult costumes” rule is going to be upheld, even with costumes purchased within the parks. The blasters make sense as a safety issue, but this seems like a step too far when asking people to shell out for these costumes while simultaneously barring them from being worn

Agreed, except on the no guns part. The no costume policy for adults is a huge missed opportunity to make lots of money on adults. If they'd allow adults to wear costumes bought in the park they could stand to make lots of money from adults who would buy one on a whim just to wear around in the park, or at least around in GE. However, my guess behind their reasoning is that they'll have costumed cast members walking around providing atmosphere and they don't want guests to confuse costumed guests with cast members.

Agreed, except on the no guns part. The no costume policy for adults is a huge missed opportunity to make lots of money on adults. If they'd allow adults to wear costumes bought in the park they could stand to make lots of money from adults who would buy one on a whim just to wear around in the park, or at least around in GE. However, my guess behind their reasoning is that they'll have costumed cast members walking around providing atmosphere and they don't want guests to confuse costumed guests with cast members.
I don’t LIKE the no blaster policy but it’s easier to understand and creates an actual issue with security logistics if they’re having to screen baggage with the thought that “ah this gun butt is probably just a DL-44”. The idea of adults dressed in character garb comes down more to behavior enforcement and it seems lazier to just outright ban it.

...my guess behind their reasoning is that they'll have costumed cast members walking around providing atmosphere and they don't want guests to confuse costumed guests with cast members.
Exactly. Cast members are expected to act a certain way in the parks (yes....some in the past have not followed the expected guidelines and have been fired or arrested, but for the most part they do a good job). If a non cast member is walking around in a convincing costume, and they are acting inappropriate, or start harassing women or girls, Disney does not want ANY confusion. If a non cast member in costume is walking around and swings a lightsaber and isn't paying attention and cracks a child in the mouth behind them, and knocks out some teeth... you sure as hell know Disney does not want anyone to say it was an employee. So they need to enforce this so there IS NO CONFUSION and they can eliminate the possibility of any liability. It IS NOTas harrisonp claims, with Disney just being lazy.

The atmosphere is lost when your shoulder to shoulder with a thousand other adults in shorts and t-shirts. I'm sure their answer is, we'll be providing a hotel for that level of atmosphere.

So they need to enforce this so there IS NO CONFUSION and they can eliminate the possibility of any liability. It IS NOTas harrisonp claims, with Disney just being lazy.

That’s a fair point, and I was probably being too broad with my rebuke of the policy, it just feels a little disingenuous to sell restricted items within the area they are restricted. Hopefully they’ll be understanding of widespread Disneybounding because I’m sure it’s going to be inevitable.

I guess I was more-so looking for a middle ground, uphold the no masks policy and make sure no named/face character is being portrayed too accurately but allow generally “in-universe” costumes. This is effectively how Universal seems to handle it, but I understand the two companies have different reasons for different things.

All things said and done we won’t know what it’s like until we actually get in there and can feel the atmosphere around it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back