Limited Run DL44 TFA Blaster Kit

I think I've got my blaster to a point where i'm going to stop fiddling with it. Really enjoyed the build. I opted to blue the metal instead of paint. I know it's not 100% screen accurate to TFA, but it feels more like a real world object to me this way. What a satisfying prop to hold in the hand. I think this might have inspired me to do a Han Solo costume this year.

View attachment 695206

That came out really nice!!! :thumbsup

I see you have MGC grips now! Would these be a closer match to real mauser grips? I assume so, and am aware they don't fit a denix without modification. I've been looking for authentic grips for my build and this may be the next best thing.

What kind of glue is everyone using to attach the front grill and side disks? Gorilla? 2 part epoxy? JB Weld?
Has anyone done a build tutorial? I have "most" of my parts prepped, don't want to mess this kit up. :)

What kind of glue is everyone using to attach the front grill and side disks? Gorilla? 2 part epoxy? JB Weld?
Has anyone done a build tutorial? I have "most" of my parts prepped, don't want to mess this kit up. :)

I like e6000. Personally I think JB weld or epoxy is overkill, but all 3 will work fine.

I roughed up the front of the mag well a bit and then used some JB Weld, that greebly is NEVER coming off haha.

I like e6000. Personally I think JB weld or epoxy is overkill, but all 3 will work fine.

I like E6000 as well. Plenty strong, but if you ever NEED to remove the greebly (damaged and needs to be replaced, for instance), you actually can, without seriously damaging the piece.

I was concerned with the long term durability of the E6000 as up to this point I've only ever used 2 part epoxy with props... or bolts/screws. :)
Will give it a second look.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back