Limited Run Eomer's Sword GUTHWINE replica: carbon steel, brass and leather MAGNOLI

I am number 21 on his original list. I still haven't received a shipping notice yet.

I had a look and there is one "Bill" and one "William" on our shipping list, and both have shipped, I believe. So hopefully you'll receive your notification soon. Unless you ordered under a different name... or your real name doesn't match up with your username. In any case... expect a sword in the near future! ;)

I’m sure once we start receiving them and sharing photos online, those remaining swords will fly out. With how well the scabbard has turned out, have you thought perhaps about producing a few other scabbards to fit swords people already have (I’m thinking the UC LOTR swords - scabbards for Herugrim, Eowyns sword etc will never be made by UC but collectors would lap them up if you made them)

I had a look and there is one "Bill" and one "William" on our shipping list, and both have shipped, I believe. So hopefully you'll receive your notification soon. Unless you ordered under a different name... or your real name doesn't match up with your username. In any case... expect a sword in the near future! ;)
That's great news Indy. I go by the name Bill but anything official like a Visa Debit Cart requires my official name William. Either way it looks as though my Guthwine and Scabbard are on their way. Happy days!

Thanks for checking that out.

I received the sword today, very long wait indeed, but worth the wait!

Indy, there are 3 holes on the display plate, but no hanging screws... missing or I do find some in a brico shop?

wargrider, there should be three hooks for the sword and scabbard to hang on, as well as a screw and countersink for wall mounting. Could you check all the packaging again, just to be sure? If anything is missing, e-mail our Customer Service and we'll send out a pack ASAP.

I got my shipping notification. Looking forward to seeing it. Maybe it will be the inspiration I need to kick on with my own pattern welded version. I know 7 years isn't long to an elf but it's a while to a human, and in that time I've learned to forge my own blades.

Got my shipping notification, I’m nervous that I’ll miss the delivery or something goes wrong, but otherwise I’m super psyched!

I’m expecting mine shortly, can you elaborate on what you are dissatisfied with? Got me worried now

Edit: Just wanted to rephrase my thoughts. I don't want to get into specifics too much, but overall there are some issues with the blade as far as evenness goes in the grinds, and the twisted wire in the middle of the grip isn't much like the original and appears different to the final pics of the prototype. There's an issue with the leather on the scabbard not being glued down into the fullers.

Last edited:
Damn.. I hope mine isn't riddeled with flaws like this or it will be sent back aswell. Prototype looked amazing but production versions do show very thin wiring on the handle, is this normal?

As it's carbon steel it's best to coat it with either an appropriate oil or something like renaissance wax ( museum wax ) or the blade will rust when in contact with moisture
Thanks for the reply. I do understand the oil is protective, but there is a lot on this sword (that’s no a complaint - protection is good). But I’m worried if I put this in the scabbard or hang it, it’s going to leave oil on anything it touches, or drip over time, which I have experienced with other swords I’ve purchased.

Thanks for the reply. I do understand the oil is protective, but there is a lot on this sword (that’s no a complaint - protection is good). But I’m worried if I put this in the scabbard or hang it, it’s going to leave oil on anything it touches, or drip over time, which I have experienced with other swords I’ve purchased.
Best thing I can recommend is the renaissance museum wax. Coat it, rub it off and it leaves an invisible clearcoat of protective wax and you're good. Not so expensive and a little tin of wax lasts a very long time

I'd recommend just wiping off as much as you can with a single cloth. There will naturally be some left on the blade and (with all swords) you should avoid touching the blade as much as possible. Having some oil in the wooden scabbard is fine.

Hey Indy, I'm waiting to hear back from your customer service, but I thought I'd follow up with you on here. I reached out to your customer service a few days ago because I still haven't received a shipping notification. They told me that my order was actually being forwarded by a customer in Indiana who canceled their order.
I wanted to make sure I understood the situation. Is it that a customer was accidentally shipped my order or their order and is now responsible for shipping the sword on to me? Or is this a return that is now getting shipped to me instead of back to you?
I'm still excited for the sword, although it does feel a bit like a second hand product now.
Thanks for any help clearing up the matter.

Also if the guy from Indiana is on here, how's the sword haha?

Last edited:
Jerimiah No, this isn't a return, it's a package that was shipped to the wrong customer. He's just reshipping it for us to save on time and additional expenses. You aren't getting a returned sword. Hopefully you'll get it very soon. Thanks for your patience!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back