Interest Group buy gold foiled props / tickets

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, I was planning on buying these props on eBay from fptoystore (this guy: Elektronica, auto's, kleding, verzamelobjecten, cadeaubons en meer | eBay). I was intersted in:
1. The original Willy Wonka Gold ticket => $9 ($3)
2. The new Willig Wonky Gold ticket => $12 ($4)
3. The Harry Potter Hogwarts Train ticket => $10 ($3,3)
4. The Polar Express Ticket => $15 ($5)

This person also offers packages of 100 tickets at once, which makes them way cheaper. I was wondering if there are more people interested in these tikcets? If we are with enough people (40 or 50 at least), we can get these tickets way cheaper than buying them individually. I have put the original prices and the prices if we can get 100 people interested between brackets. So instead of $46 for these 4 tickets, we would pay $15,5 when we get to 100 people interested (add a few bucks for shipping). If we get less people price will be in between, but still cheaper than buying them individually.

I'm willing to organize this and distribute the tickets to RPF members. So when interested, let me know. I'll call this purchase a go once I get to 40 people interested.

Interest list:

- TomVDJ
- Stieller
- RobI (Original Wonka Ticket)
- Sarednab
- bobatrek (HP ticket)
- ajhix
-
-
-

Last edited:
You're the first one ;).

O yeah, if somebody want multiples, please mention this too...

Let's hope...

As for shipping costs. Shipping costs to me will be split over all buyers, but should be minimal, I guess ($1 per person?). I can ship worldwide for $2. So all in all, I think the price for members here would be about $20 for all tickets + shipping if we get 100 people.

Last edited:
If people are only interested in certain tickets, that's possible too, but shipping costs will stay the same... Still cheaper than individual purchase, I guess...

I wasnt going to be the first one to ask, but I really only wanted the original Willy Wonka ticket...

Guess it will be difficult to get to 50 people. I might just buy the tickets and offer them here for a lower price. However, it won't be as low as the prices between the brackets in the first post...

I'm in contact with the seller and looking into detail what the prices would be if I buy 50 of each, taking into account import taxes (the guy is not willing to lower the price on the packing slip to avoid these taxes :( ) and shipping costs. If I buy 100 I can offer them at half the price, but since we won't make it to 50 I guess I'll order 50 and can offer these prices (first estimate):

Hogwarts: $7
Old Wonka: $6
New Wonka: $9
Polar: $10

So that's about 2/3 of the orignal price. Shipping will be $2 worldwide (for one or more tickets). Don't know if this is still interesting for people who already expressed interest?

Last edited:
OK, it doesn't seem we'll get enough interest straight away, but I'll make the "investment" anyway. I'm going to order 50 tickets each and have them shipped to me. I'll recalculate how much I have to ask for one ticket to cover costs when they are all sold, and will be offering them here. It won't be half the price, but it will be cheaper than the individual price, that's for sure.

As compensation for the people already expressed interst: I'll probably work something out to give you guys the best price possible, after which the other remaining tickets will become slightly more expensive (but still cheaper than individual buy).

I guess I'll have the tickets in hand somewhere next month, since the guy needs time to make them. People signing up before I actually got the tickets in hand, can also get the lower price. After that, price will be fixed...

OK, have to ask, it that my Polar Express Ticket art you are using on this run? I am not sure I have seen anyone else here tackle that one.

Last edited:
Just so I don't scare you off, on my posting, I noted that the file was free for members to print but I did not want anyone making money of it as noted in the paper props rules. I did note conditionally if someone wanted to make a run, send me a copy and if there was profit to give back to the board in some manner.

I know given you cost, there is not much room for profit, but if there was, the best way to pay back on the file would maybe be to give some one here a free premium membership. I am all for this community helping each other and love seeing projects come together but with a project like this, you do need to contact the originating creators and ask permission before offering them up for sale.

Hey Tripoli, just to make clear: I'm not going to make these tickets myself and won't make any profit what so ever if I go through with this. I probably make some loss if I can't sell all the tickets.

To start off, I tried googling the eBay member's nick (did a search for it on the RPF too) to figure out if he is a known recaster. I found nothing. As for the artwork of the tickets: I did indeed found your image here on the RPF and compared it to the tickets offered buy the guy I want to buy from, and they are quite different:

- On your images there is some kind of shading. This shading is not on the tickets on eBay.
- Font of "Polar Express" is much more narrow on the eBay ticket, and the lines around the letters on your image, are not there on the eBay one.
- Placing of the letters + letters itself from the word "ROUND TRIP" is different.
- Ticket number on front and back (0001225) is different.
- There are some differences on the image of the train on the back: for instance, the windows on the wagons on the eBay ticket have more detail than your ticket.
- The border with the little circles is different.
- Background ornaments are also different.
- Circle of the train is much bigger on your ticket.
- Christmas ornament's placign is different.

Anyway, I've found dozens of differences in details, so it seems to me that it is completely other artwork (apart from the fact that both tickets in general look the same, since they are both replica's of the same prop). Off course, if it turns out the artwork of the tickets on eBay is actually yours, I'm not going to offer these here, and probably won't buy any tickets at all of this guy. I did the same comparison for the Wonka tickets and Hogwarts ticket (compared them with artwork that can be found here) and in every case found clear differences in design.

Tripoli, can you drop me a PM to give me an idea why you think this is your artwork the guy is using? Did you see some tells in the image on eBay that points out it's your image? I tried to compare quite some details, and found differences in every detail I compared. Off course, you might now where to look for similarities that I overlooked... If indeed the guy is using your artwork, I guess you should take it also a step further and contact eBay too... But before you can claim he is using your artwork, I guess you should have some clear proof. I didn't find it, but maybe you do. So please let me know...

Here is an image with your ticket, and the pictures of the image on eBay right beside it:
TicketCompare.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Tom, Just asked as noted above as I had not heard of anyone else doing these and with the no reply, thought I would clarify IF it was the case.

Hi Tom, Just asked as noted above as I had not heard of anyone else doing these and with the no reply, thought I would clarify IF it was the case.
Not every digital artist is active on the RPF, I guess ;). So to be clear: you agree that this is not your work that is sold on eBay, right? I don't have to call off this thread?

I took a look at both tickets, and yours seems more screen accurate. Aren't you planning on doing a run of gold-foiled Polar Express tickets yourself?

Definitely not my artwork you were looking to. I had no plans to do a foil run of mine and as noted above RPF'rs are welcome to do so under the conditions I noted. PM me with your e-mail and I can send you my digital file.

Mmm, now that I looked into the Polar Express ticket, I guess the one offered on eBay is nice, but not very screen accurate (compared to the one Tripoli posted here). I might leave that ticket out... Was there someone who really wanted one of these too?

(Tripoli, PM sent... Thanks!)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back