Limited Run Indiana Jones m1917 “Bapty” sight **RUN SIGNUP**

Wicked Scott... I’m hunting for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a lot of the wrong ones out there, and few correct ones that are lower on the price scale. Let me know if you need help. I tried to get one with all the mostly correct markings. There will never be an exact match, but I've got a 98% match.

Very nice Scott! Mine is all wrong, being a 45ACP with a barrel from a 1950. Haha. But i really wanted a revolver that could shoot 45acp, and preferred not to cut the barrel of an historically relevant item. It took me a long while to find one that had already been modified in a way that ruined its collectors value, but not in a way that prevented me from Indy’ing it. So my commitment to screen accuracy of the sight blade has mostly been for you guys, as the rest of my pistol doesn’t technically cut it :p

7ec9589002fa2ad45c949504a21277c3.jpg

There's a lot of the wrong ones out there, and few correct ones that are lower on the price scale. Let me know if you need help. I tried to get one with all the mostly correct markings. There will never be an exact match, but I've got a 98% match.

Oh crap! I didn’t know that... when the time comes I’ll be sure to ask you before I purchase. Thanks for giving me the heads up, I won’t jump the gun again like I did with my bolo...

I'm in for one screen-accurate. (Possibly two, depending on final price).

To confirm: This is for the Bapty prop Hand Ejector 2, correct? (The Stembridge had that weird band, right? I switch them in my mind sometimes)

Any word on timeline? I've got the gun and got a smith lined up. Was trying to source a sight, so this is perfect timing.

I just took my unmodified pistol to the range and it shot very true and accurately.

So thinking about this... I want to keep the screen accurate front sight ramp... but shouldn't it be possible to correct the sight picture by milling the rear notch deeper slightly????

Group Thoughts on this? If so how much do you think it should be milled?

Hey all! Good news and bad news. Got the batch of sights in, and they look fantastic as far as the quality of machining goes. Unfortunately, they machined the shape of the sight blade a shy different from what my CAD data showed. The difference is very subtle, and in fact without the recent propstore photos, would be impossible to even tell the difference. However, they just weren’t quite as perfect as I’d hoped, so I’m having these recut, and expect to take another few weeks.

Here’s a quick pic of one of the “blemished” sights. Rather than scrap these, I’m considering offering them as an inexpensive add-on for anyone who purchases the correct sight. Perhaps folks would like to have a spare in order to experiment with the finish, etc.

c202700f7c6a2a4de0b62c3ac5ad4607.jpg

With out a comparison pic, I seriously can’t tell the difference

I saw it... also, looks like one corner got over de-burred... So... did you see my post above your update? Thoughts?

I saw it... also, looks like one corner got over de-burred... So... did you see my post above your update? Thoughts?

Apologies. To answer your question about the rear sight, your thought process is in the right direction, but as the typical sight picture has the tops of the sights aligned, it would also be necessary to lower the top of the rear sight, not just deepen the notch. As the top of the rear sight is basically flush with the entire length of the topstrap, this would require milling the entire topstrap lower.

Now, creating a deeper notch could potentially allow from an atypical sight picture, in which you align the front sight deeper in the notch, however, you are still faced with the challenge of limited material on the revolver topstrap. Milling the notch deeper, and you may encounter that the topstrap groove would also need to be deeper, and would then extend into the portion of the frame that the barrel is threaded into (just forward of where the groove currently ends)

As for how much change is required, it would be best to test fire the new sight and evaluate the zero shift. However, you could probably estimate by comparing the difference in height from the factory sight to the new sight, and the rear would likely need to change by a similar amount.

I would definitely advise first consulting with a reputable gunsmith, to see if modifications to the rear sight/topstrap are even feasible without compromising the frame strength.

I wouldn't mind a blem along with a "perfected" sight to experiment with.

Please make sure to label them so I know which is which though! It's very subtle.

I do hope I'm on the list now

I wouldn't mind a blem along with a "perfected" sight to experiment with.

Please make sure to label them so I know which is which though! It's very subtle.

I do hope I'm on the list now

You bet! I have you marked on the list :)

Hello all! Good news! The front sights are complete, and they look great. Dimensionally as accurate as I could make them, down to the number of serrations down the ramp. I've hand sanded the flats, and then had these lightly beadblasted for a nice semi-satin finish, and to remove what machine marks I could. I'll leave the final finish up to you guys, as some folks may wish to leave them as-is before blueing, or sand them further bringing them to a more brushed or polished look. Order/Payment info DM's will be incoming shortly :)

Since only a limited number of these were made, the priority goes to anyone on the signup list prior to this post, but feel free to post if you would like one should any remain.

And of course, pictures!
IMG_3946.JPG
IMG_3947.JPG
IMG_3946.JPG
IMG_3947.JPG
IMG_3950.JPG
IMG_3944.JPG
IMG_3945.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back