Iron Man Mark V Suit Updated 4/4/11 Build Complete!!

MalmeyStudios

Sr Member
Hey Guys,

I was inspired by the Mark V suit in Iron man 2, so I decided to give it a shot.
Im doing this on the CNC router into foam board and plastering it out to make a latex costume!
This process worked so well on my creature and Dark Knight suit I thought what the heck!

I know Iron man is a fiberglass suit blah blah blah!

However I found a great paint and flexable klear kote, this costume should work out!! We will see!

I have the complete suit cut and ready for plaster, I have kinda made it my own design, the segmented armor will be thick but there will be plenty of room for flex!

Please keep in mind our inspiration was the Mark V suit however our intention is not to 100% recreate it!

As for the Helmet Mallie (my girlfriend) decided to sculpt it, its darn good i think! I know its not accurate but we tried to kinda make it our own! I think it goes well with the suit!
Roughed Out
IronManRoughSide.jpg

Nearly Complete
IronManFront.jpg

IronManSide.jpg

IronManLeftSide.jpg

IronManBack.jpg

Mallie said a little smoothing out and she will be ready to Mold!

I will also be molding the masters this week and hope to have the first pull this weekend!

Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Mark V Suit

SMOKES!!! check this out! I am subscribing ... very curious as to how it will turn out ... helmet is comes along nicely ... is this measured to movie scale or to your size? ... keep with the updates please ... subscribed

I know that you said this was a "custom sculpt" but I suggest you move the eyes down... this will help with the look. Plus it will line the openings up better with your actual eyes when the helm is worn.

SMOKES!!! check this out! I am subscribing ... very curious as to how it will turn out ... helmet is comes along nicely ... is this measured to movie scale or to your size? ... keep with the updates please ... subscribed

Thanks!!
This will fit a ton of sizes but it is based off my size!
Im very curious as to how it will turn out as well!! LOL!
The Helmet will fit up to a 25" head!!!!

I know that you said this was a "custom sculpt" but I suggest you move the eyes down... this will help with the look. Plus it will line the openings up better with your actual eyes when the helm is worn.

The eyes were measured to fit where they are suppose to be when the helmet is worn! They look high but I assure you they are not! This helmet is alot different than whats out there! She does not want to sculpt something 100 people have already sculpted. She is very happy with it and the custom look!
Thanks for the advice, ill pass it on and I LOVE your War Machine by the way, Im following the progress of it on The League!! Keep up the great work!

Re: Iron Man Mark V Suit Updated 3/14/11 Chest Pull

Ok!!!

Here is the first chest pull! We got all the molds done this weekend. So I couldnt deal with it I had to pour the first chest! I poured it in black to keep the silvers and reds a little darker! There is no paint on this yet but there will be! Anyway I just kinda wanted to update you and show you the chest piece!

It is very thick, the armor plates are not flimsly however it is perfectly flexable bewteen the armor plates! I did not trim off the excess, too excited to get these pics up! Sorry for the pic quality!

I think this suit is gunna work!

Thanks for checking in!

Last edited:

Great work. It is amazing to see the different methods used to make iron man armor. ( pepakura / scratch build / clay skulpt / foam )

I am starting to get excited!
This is looking fantastic. Cannot wait to see the finished product.

That is NICE!!! it will really make it look a little more fluid ... was a new version of the armor in the comics or something supposed to move with tony like liquid metal? this method would be great for this method ... so many great craftsmen and women on this site ... great work so far

Thanks for all the great comments!!

Im hoping to have the rest of the suit poured this week!

Im so excited about this suit Im looking forward to start building and painting it sometime next week (hopefully)

Ill post pics and updates as I go along!!

Thanks Again!

i cant wait to see this suit finished to me its looking like its gona be a very nice and clean suit when done. keep up the good work.

New to these boards but loving the look of the direction you're taking with this on bud.
Crackin' job! :)

That's very nice. I never thought of doing it that way.

Thanks Again Guys!!
All the comments are making me wanna get this complete that much sooner!
I hope to have some more done tonight, If i do Ill update tomorrow!!

So far this has worked our better than I could ever have hoped!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back