Iron Man Mark V Suit Updated 4/4/11 Build Complete!!

Re: Iron Man Mark V Suit Updated 3/28/11 Nearly Complete Page 3

I do see exactly what your saying!!

It is Motorcycle Suit-esque!!

I cant wait to finish this thing Im super excited!
Thanks Again!!

Thanks Again Guys!!
I cant say that enough!

Its nuts to think a little less than a month ago this was a Line Drawing!

its nuts to think that your method gave you a painted project that you can try on now and a month ago I was still pepping parts to work with ... great job

LOL!!! Thanks Bro!!

Ya but the pep process is so much more involved!! The Accuracy is also well more accurate!!! This suit is the way I see the MK V suit, LOL! Not Accurate but you know what it is! I commend you guys that try the pep process, I would rather jump off a bridge!!

Dude the armour looks amazing ,I just have one suggestion that I think would really add to the look, using your computer program ,make shoulder bells that sit on top the suit, that will add some depth,as of now its the only thing that i think its missing:)

a good helmet and some sweet boots and gloves and this thing would be fun. you think it would hold up to wearing for riding? not to say it would withstand a crash but would it hold up to wearing during motorcycle rides through the mountains? whats the survival rate of that suit feel like in person? I could see myself wearing this through the streets on my motorcycle turning heads!!!

Dude the armour looks amazing ,I just have one suggestion that I think would really add to the look, using your computer program ,make shoulder bells that sit on top the suit, that will add some depth,as of now its the only thing that i think its missing:)

Hey Chim
Belive it or not I cut 3 different shoulders for this DAMN suit!

I put all three on and hated every one! It looks to me to be a little to much, Thats just my opinion!!

a good helmet and some sweet boots and gloves and this thing would be fun. you think it would hold up to wearing for riding? not to say it would withstand a crash but would it hold up to wearing during motorcycle rides through the mountains? whats the survival rate of that suit feel like in person? I could see myself wearing this through the streets on my motorcycle turning heads!!!

I have boots gloves and will have some kind of helmet shortly!

As for a motorcycle ride I bet it would fare well as long as you got a slightly larger size for comfort!

I still have not put this suit on! Im sure it will need some more glue on the edges but I bet it would do ok!

I bet this suit would turn a head or 2!! :thumbsup

I too think you should add on some shoulders. They could be done very simple.. even solid color.. just enough to hid those shoulder seams and give it a bigger/meaner appearance. Like this bad illustration below... cut the shapes.. and then glue the red edges together to create your curve... almost like shoulder pads on an old lady sweater top.

mk5-shoulder.jpg

I understand what you guys are saying but I just couldnt get it to look right! I tried 3 different shapes and sizes! The other reason I didnt put them on is the cover the detail in the shoulder! I personally like the way the arm shoot out, I think it makes it look a little more like segmented armor! I dont know tho!! We will see! Im starting to lean towards you gents being right!

Once I put this suit on we will see how it looks! I still have the pieces so Ill try them on once I don the suit! Its going to look completly different once it on! I apprichate the drawing!

I will keep this suggestion on the C drive as its a great Idea! This is just my prototype suit, it allowes me to work out all the kinks! Im glad to be here to have you guys help out! Its the fine tuning process!
Thanks Again Guys!

Last edited:

Yeah you could simple create 3 of those for each shoulder... each of varying size and then stacked them on each shoulder..

No worries buddy if you end up not using shoulders the costume will still be amazing !
But if you decide to add shoulders this may be of some help for inspiration:)
IronMan.jpg

Ive seen that David at UD and his people did a beautiful job on that suit!!
Its Awesome!!

I looked at his when I decided to do mine to make sure I had a different design than he did! I wanted it to look like the real suit but Ive forgot how different mine is, LOL!!!

Like I said above Ill look into the Shoulders!!!! AGAIN!
You guys are pushy!! LOL!

I apprichate it, makes it a better suit!
Thanks Again! I seem to be saying that alot!

What I liked to read was the fact that you said this was the prototype ... man the next one will look sweet i am sure if you learned better methods from this one ... yeah!!! ...

OMG This suit was nothing but a learning experience!!
Each time I do one of these suits I learn more and more!

I still love seeing this.
I cannot wait to see a preview with you wearing it. It would definitely give us better room to help critique etc and we could see the parts a little better too. If you get the chance to maybe you could do that.
Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks Again I really apprichate it!

Im finishing up the suit this weekend!!
Ill get in that bad boy and get pics as soon as its finished!
Keep checking back fellas were almost there!
Jeremey

Amazing build I love your technique!
can't wait for your updates!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back