Iron Man Mark V Suit Updated 4/4/11 Build Complete!!

Re: Iron Man Mark V Suit Updated 3/22/11 Build Continued

No worries Jeremey.
The speed you are going makes me look like such a slacker with just my helmet!

LMAO!!!!

To be fair this is a latex suit, LOL!!

Most of you guys are making the armor from scratch, Foam, Fiberglass, Plastic, Paper or if your like chim (freaking trash cans - AMAZING) Im envious of all the other builds. This one is nothing compaired to all those!

Its a fast easy build!

Thanks Malmey,But I have to disagree that this process is less then other building types.This build is freaking sweet,Its always great to see a new technique in making armour,I love your build!!
Keep the progress coming!

how thick is the latex? this makes think doing a reloaded spiderman in this method would be pretty cool. Too bad CNC's are hard to come by : )

awesome build though.

how thick is the latex? this makes think doing a reloaded spiderman in this method would be pretty cool. Too bad CNC's are hard to come by : )

awesome build though.

First Off, Thanks guys

Now as for the thickness It is 1/4" thick at its tickest most armored parts!!

Id do a spiderman in a heart beat if I could!! this is my third suit like this and Im still working out all the kinks, the next suit I design I plan on being even nicer!!

How easy is it to use a CNC machine?
I've been looking at seeing if I can get one. But no room!

Keep up the sweet work.

How easy is it to use a CNC machine?
I've been looking at seeing if I can get one. But no room!

Keep up the sweet work.

Thanks, Ill try to keep it up. With this being a relitivly new process I hope more people become excited about it as you guys are!!!

I would go as far to say its the easiest thing Ive ever done but its not hard to learn either!
Its design send to the machine and cut!
The design process takes a little getting use too and its a tad techinical sending it to the cnc but other than that!!

the part that has been the hardest for me has been a design that fits together well and making 2D into a 3D costume! Im still working out the process making a 2D machine do 3D which will allow me to do more organic suits but Im close! I think I have the next project design and fit figured out!!

I should focus on this one first tho!! LOL! Were getting there!

Sweet, you should do some tutorials on using CNC.
Would be awesome.

Id love to the only problem is that there are 100 different CNC machines and 1000 different types of sowtware out there that a tutorial would not help, lol!!

They are all the same but also so different!!

Ya Know?

What's the mobility like on this? Does the latex buckle when you bend and twist?

Very sweet bulid i really am liking your use of the cnc i cant wait to see what it looks like being worn... i took a 3D digital sclupture class in college, and we used a cnc machine to carve out shapes into huge styrofoam blocks. We used Cinema 4D to create our object we carved. It was pretty sweet to watch... The whole math and programming the paths part, not so much LOL

What's the mobility like on this? Does the latex buckle when you bend and twist?

Belive it or not the mobility is great, not perfect but great! The latex bends and bows mostly in the areas between the armor, it flexex in and out and creases like a hinge! It was designed with the 1/4" spaces bewteen the armor to take the creasing out of the equasion! the armor is very sturdy at 1/4" high and nearly a 1/4" thick!

Anyway it does well! We are working on the build tonight so hopefully Ill have an update!

Thanks
Jeremey

Very sweet bulid i really am liking your use of the cnc i cant wait to see what it looks like being worn... i took a 3D digital sclupture class in college, and we used a cnc machine to carve out shapes into huge styrofoam blocks. We used Cinema 4D to create our object we carved. It was pretty sweet to watch... The whole math and programming the paths part, not so much LOL

Im working out the kinks with my machine, it does not have a true 3D axis but it does have a simulated 3D it cuts with V-Bits and depth on the other 2 axis! As for the math your right it sucks!! LOL!!

It is mesmorising to watch and as you put it, pretty sweet!

Im hoping to continue suits like this and get better each time!

Thanks for the comments on the build!
Jeremey

Ok guys HUGE update!!
I nearly have this thing complete Chest, Back, Front Legs, Back Legs and both Arms!!
This thing gave me fits all weekend long but we worked out all the kinks and I think it looks AWESOME!! Here is your complete 360 Degree tour of the 1st Latex Iron Man suit (this may not be 100% Accurate, LOL!!!) based on a suit that was complete CGI! This was fun and a REAL pain in my A$$ It is as about as shiney as metal. It has a beautiful red and silver metallic tone paint and a gloss clear kote! Ok Enough talking, check it out!
IMMKV1.jpg

IMMKV2.jpg

IMMKV5.jpg

IMMKV3.jpg

IMMKV4.jpg

IMMKV6.jpg

IMMKV7.jpg

Im still working on the Neck, the Helmet and the boot spats for the lower legs but thats about it, this suit and build is nearly over! THANK GOD!!!!

I will update as soon as we complete the suit! Ill put everything on and do a bunch of photos!
thanks for checking In, all the nice words and following along!!
Jeremey

Re: Iron Man Mark V Suit Updated 3/28/11 Nearly Complete Page 3

wow ... a convention in that thing will make someone lose about fifty pounds of sweat fast ... looks fantastic so far though ... great job

Re: Iron Man Mark V Suit Updated 3/28/11 Nearly Complete Page 3

Well, no worries man.

Its still looks badass to me. :)

I think we see that cause there are no hands or a helmet.

Once its all done, it will be visually complete

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back