Jack Bauer's Hooded Jacket lets find this one

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Mar 20 2006, 04:15 PM
I have some new info.  I'll post more when I have confirmed it.  I have some phone calls to make.
[snapback]1209717[/snapback]​

Where is the jacket? We're running out of time, WHERE IS THE JACKET?.

Oops, musta been channelling Jack for a moment.

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Mar 20 2006, 06:15 PM
I have some new info.  I'll post more when I have confirmed it.  I have some phone calls to make.
[snapback]1209717[/snapback]​

As Bauer would say "Damn it" we need to know. Lol that was quite a tease of a post.

Originally posted by Darbycrash@Mar 20 2006, 10:50 PM
As Bauer would say "Damn it" we need to know. Lol that was quite a tease of a post.
[snapback]1209985[/snapback]​

Speaking of "dammit," it occured to me tonight that I got the wrong color. Jack's wearing black and I bought brown. Back to the store today I go.

Originally posted by DuneMuadDib+Mar 21 2006, 03:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DuneMuadDib @ Mar 21 2006, 03:32 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darbycrash
@Mar 20 2006, 10:50 PM
[snapback]1209985[/snapback]​

Speaking of "dammit," it occured to me tonight that I got the wrong color. Jack's wearing black and I bought brown. Back to the store today I go.
[snapback]1210027[/snapback]​
[/b]

I am positive its brown after looking through constant screen caps and some daylight shots. Right now with the night time scenes the lighting is probably making look black. Believe me though with the daylight shots it is brown. Hold off on that return.

Originally posted by Darbycrash@Mar 21 2006, 07:33 AM
I am positive its brown after looking through constant screen caps and some daylight shots. Right now with the night time scenes the lighting is probably making look black. Believe me though with the daylight shots it is brown. Hold off on that return.
[snapback]1210192[/snapback]​

I went back to the first episode he wore it, and out in the noontime daylight it looked darker than my brown one. There's also this strip on the inside that runs along a seam that's on a bias cut that on mine is a much lighter shade of brown, but on Jack's it's the same color as the rest of the jacket.

Nighttime light will make it look black, but direct sunlight shouldn't. I can't trust most of the screencaps here because they've been lightened and that alters hues and whatnot.

Here's some natural lighting shots swiped from the FOX site:
bauerjacket26wn.jpg

bauerjacket49ey.jpg

bauerjacket51au.jpg

bauerjacket68zq.jpg

To me it looks darker than my brown one. Could be that it's faded black, or that I'm just too tired to see straight. Sometimes it looks like it could be brown, other times it looks more certainly black. I'm leaning towards black though. It's reminding me of the tanktop that officers wear on BSG, it looks dark brown on screen at times (even in direct sunlight) but it's really black.

Could be that its a dark blue. dark blue in certain lighting can look almost brown or black depending on the lighting used.

Originally posted by recoil@Mar 21 2006, 10:38 AM
Could be that its a dark blue. dark blue in certain lighting can look almost brown or black depending on the lighting used.
[snapback]1210296[/snapback]​

Could be, but Urban Outfitters doesn't carry a dark blue hoodie in that style. Don't see why a custom hoodie would be needed, but it is Jack we're talking about.

I saw a guy wearing the outer jacket today at school. of course being me i didn't stop to ask where he got it. Dang. I'll have to search for him.

Originally posted by Knightsaber@Mar 21 2006, 10:43 AM
I saw a guy wearing the outer jacket today at school.  of course being me i didn't stop to ask where he got it.  Dang.  I'll have to search for him.
[snapback]1210302[/snapback]​

Hunt him down, call in back up. This man is our only lead to the terr....erm, the jacket.

I lost him. SON OF A ....ahhh. Well I'm about 90% sure that it was the same jacket, although it was in khaki. I saw the guy walking towards me. First I noticed the pockets, same placement and flaps. Then I looked at the collar and storm flap (I guess that's what it its) Then as he passed me i looked back and confirmed the seam that runs across the back over the shoulder blade area. Of course all of this happend in about 5 seconds, and I was trying to pull all of the screen caps from my memory, and by the time I had a good ID, it was too late. Plus I was running late and only had about 2 minutes to get to class. I tried to find him, but on an urban campus there are just so many people around. Hopefully I might pass him again on thursday (if the guy takes the same route) and I'll stop him. That is if we don't find it by then. Well, let's keep it up. Oh, and the jacket I saw did appear to be a soft denim or maybe even fine corduroy. Don't hold me to that. I only saw it for a few seconds at about 3 feet distance.

- John

THERE. I've done my part. My work is done here. Now it is up to you folks, to use the info I gave you, and RUN WITH IT. WOO HOO... :confused :p Hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job on the jacket. Well this is my poor mans alternative to the jacket. While not exact it will look good with the urban outfitters hoody.

43_1_b.JPG

Well this may not be the exact one, but it's close enough for my tastes. Flip the the collar down and the hoodie covering it and it looks just about right to me. I went and swapped my brown hoodie for black and with the black version of this jacket they colors are almost perfectly matched together, enough that it looks like a single jacket. I'm content with it, and if it isn't right it does look cool.

Will post pics if anyone wants.

Wow, I would have never thought that it really WAS one jacket. When we came across the Urban Outfitters hoodie, it looked to be right. Well, I don't think I'll be tracking this one down. Might get an outer jacket to get the look, but unless I can sneak onto the 24 set, bust up Keifer Sutherland, and steal the jacket then I'll let this be. Good job tracking it down JB.

Guys good team work on figuring this out. While the original would be a very pricey one. I say lets keep this thread alive with jackets that look similar.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back