Jack Bauer's Hooded Jacket lets find this one

If it wasn't two pieces then someone explain the second last screen cap on page three. There's no way a parka-lenght jacket magicaally shortens and becomes a waist length jacket. That, to me, says there was a hoodie under a jacket. Am I missing any info that was posted?

The Jacket looks right if you look at the other pics, it easily goes below the waist. The problem I have is that people are saying the hood is part of the outer jacket. How do you explain the separate hoodie Jack is wearing in the second last pic? What i'm saying is that there was a hoodie AND the outer longer jacket. Anyone disagree?

I asked these same questions. As it was explained to me the "HOOD: Attached "Inner zip-closed vest and Folding hood hemmed in to collar"." is an inner vest and hood that unzip from the inside. The hood is called folding because there is a way to tuck it inside thejacket so it isn't hanging out.

I think there is no hoodie. The lady at CP Company tld me that the fall 2005 lineup was almost like a jacket inside of a jacket. To give the jackets the "layered look".

Besides I think the wardrobe department for the show knows what they are talking about. They are not going to say it is a jacket with attached hood, when it is really a hoodie inside of a jacket.

the parka by the way is a "close" jacket NOT the one he is wearing. The lady told me BOTH jackets I have pictured above are believe it or not "one piece" with an inner sometimes detachable liner, vest, hood, hood-vest combo, etc.

I don't see this hoodie you are talking about in the 2nd to last pic shown.

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Mar 23 2006, 12:45 AM

I don't see this hoodie you are talking about in the 2nd to last pic shown.
[snapback]1211322[/snapback]​

So what is he wearing in the second last pic. It certainly isn't the jacket. I know the jackets posted are "close enough" ones but the length is still right. That pic shows that he's not wearing a a long jacket. Please explain where that hood he's wearing came from then.

Well I'm ptetty sure it's one jacket. But I went with the inner hoodie outer jacket route and came up with this. Brown 2 pocket BDU jacket over the hoodie. I chopped off the epaulets. It's still got the creases since I just got it today and haven't washed it yet. Looks pretty good in my opinion, whatcha think?

Looks like a good combo. Here is a jacket im trying to track down to do a combo look as well. I got the pic from another board and its got a really cool look similar to Jacks.

m65.jpg

Its made by a company called H&M and is refered as the M-65.

If anyone here could help find this that would be great. Ill also post anything if I find it.

Keith

very nice. I think we should track down a real one, buy it as a group and have it sent to someone like DavidYr1 to reverse engineer it to make replicas :)

Originally posted by Hudson82@Mar 28 2006, 12:33 AM
Looks like a good combo. Here is a jacket im trying to track down to do a combo look as well. I got the pic from another board and its got a really cool look similar to Jacks.

m65.jpg

If anyone here could help find this that would be great. Ill also post anything if I find it.

Keith
[snapback]1214355[/snapback]​

Lol. I bought that Jacket about 3 months ago when it first came on sale. It was still freezing outside but I saw it in the window and thought it'd be a great spring/summer jacket so went in a bought it. Cost me only $80. Havn't seen them around for a while now. Probably still hangin around some shops. It's a great jacket.

Originally posted by Knightsaber@Mar 27 2006, 05:26 PM
Well I'm ptetty sure it's one jacket.  But I went with the inner hoodie outer jacket route and came up with this.  Brown 2 pocket BDU jacket over the hoodie.  I chopped off the epaulets.  It's still got the creases since I just got it today and haven't washed it yet.  Looks pretty good in my opinion, whatcha think?
[snapback]1214349[/snapback]​

Where did you get that jacket that looks great.

Originally posted by Knightsaber@Apr 13 2006, 11:01 PM
http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=gen...log&style=SH107

I got the BDU jacket here.  The pic shows no epaulets, but when I got it, it did have them.  Easy fix though, just a few minutes with a blade and they're gone.
[snapback]1226150[/snapback]​

Thanks I just placed an order. I think you came up with a nice low cost solution. Combined with the hoody from UO its pretty close. Also I bet it wouldn't cost too much to get a seamstress to add the side slash pockets as well.

Also I bet it wouldn't cost too much to get a seamstress to add the side slash pockets as well.
[snapback]1226171[/snapback]​

Ya know I actually thought about that too. It would be nice to have the side pockets. I might check into it sometime.
- John

Originally posted by TFrosst+Apr 13 2006, 05:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFrosst @ Apr 13 2006, 05:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Hudson82
@Mar 28 2006, 12:33 AM

m65.jpg

Keith

Lol. I bought that Jacket about 3 months ago when it first came on sale. It was still freezing outside but I saw it in the window and thought it'd be a great spring/summer jacket so went in a bought it. Cost me only $80. Havn't seen them around for a while now. Probably still hangin around some shops. It's a great jacket.
[snapback]1225945[/snapback]​
[/b]

Whats the name of the store?

Originally posted by Hudson82@Mar 27 2006, 07:33 PM

m65.jpg

Keith

I was at the H&M in NYC on the 17th of March and they had a whole rack of them. They were 70 bucks at the time. Upstairs and to the left of the escalator. Not sure where you're from, but there's an H&M at Downtown Crossing in Boston, and one at the Waterbury Mall here in CT I believe. Soon to be one at the CT Post mall as well in Milford.

Here's their website: http://www.hm.com/

Originally posted by JKolton+Apr 18 2006, 08:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JKolton @ Apr 18 2006, 08:17 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Hudson82
@Mar 27 2006, 07:33 PM

m65.jpg

Keith

I was at the H&M in NYC on the 17th of March and they had a whole rack of them. They were 70 bucks at the time. Upstairs and to the left of the escalator. Not sure where you're from, but there's an H&M at Downtown Crossing in Boston, and one at the Waterbury Mall here in CT I believe. Soon to be one at the CT Post mall as well in Milford.

Here's their website: http://www.hm.com/
[snapback]1228743[/snapback]​
[/b]

I live in Texas. Is there any places with online sites?

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread as Knightsaber and I have been working on replicating this jacket. Although it was once available on the market, they were something like $600-$700. One guy even sold one on eBay after they were discontinued for over $2000!

Hopefully I'll have some pics of the finished product in about a month. The jacket will end up costing $350 (shipped).

Kind regards,
Indy

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back