Interest KRULL - "The GLAIVE"!!! Metal-casting KIT!!!

Chrome is going to pick up whatever the ambient color is. So if warm lights are on it, then the chrome is going to take on a warm appearance and look more gold-ish. I color corrected the white balance of one of the images, so this should be a bit more accurate to what you can expect... (I hope that's ok with you, RelicMaker!)

View attachment 1647128

Yep, that was point of my posts. I work in the automotive paint industry and I know all too well how much lighting impacts the color your eyes perceives - not mention a camera or phone lens. Thanks!

UPDATE:

I'm starting to box these up and have 20 ready to ship and have another 20 ready over the next couple of days!

Payment Due messages have been sent out! So, those who have sent in deposits, let me know if you did not get one!

I'll be out for the holidays next week, and will be making a 'How-To' video on how to finish your Glaive the first week of January! :cool: (y)

Some images of the Glaive at propstore
20221028_145402.jpg
20221028_145410.jpg
20221028_145425.jpg
20221028_145345.jpg
20221028_145406.jpg

The Rubber Bands cracked me up when Adam Savage showed it in his video! As a kid, I always imagined it was a sophisticated mechanism like a Switchblade! Funny now that it's something so simple! :lol:
Same! I was simultaneously thinking "well that's pretty genius!" while also slightly disappointed that it wasn't some kind of sophisticated spring loaded death.

Anyway, sent the final payment your way along with the mailing address in the payment notes. Can't wait to get this sucker!!

Any pics of the Glaive prior to shipping showing the final product?
It won't be any different than the pic I posted before of the Glaive with the inlays poured. That is what you will you receive, plus the Blades and the Crystals wrapped separately in the same box.

Well I couldn't help myself. Finished it up. I'll be laser out a display stand tomorrow and finishing up a build/history video for YouTube.

Very nice, even without the white accents!
I'm very interested in your gold paint technique, as it appears to have come out shinier than RelicMaker's gold leaf approach. Please let us know when you have a build video to show!

Also, I'm inclined to build some kind of box/plaque to hang it on the wall. I really like the flowing red cloth behind it, like in the original pic of this thread. The red really seems to set off the other colors. I'll be experimenting with ways to reproduce that vertically in a framed box...

Very nice, even without the white accents!
I'm very interested in your gold paint technique, as it appears to have come out shinier than RelicMaker's gold leaf approach. Please let us know when you have a build video to show!

Also, I'm inclined to build some kind of box/plaque to hang it on the wall. I really like the flowing red cloth behind it, like in the original pic of this thread. The red really seems to set off the other colors. I'll be experimenting with ways to reproduce that vertically in a framed box...
I based my paint work off the surviving one from propstore. Which it seems all the white paint has worn off of. Oops :/

For painting, I'm reminded that this prop comes already chromed. So, changing it to gold should be a simple matter of airbrushing on some Alclad transparent yellow with a drop or two of transparent red, I would think? The shine should show through underneath. So we're essentially tinting it instead of painting it? And then you could follow with the bone white. I'm thinking that technique beats having to do a gold leaf application. What do y'all think? Would it stick?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back