Interest KRULL - "The GLAIVE"!!! Metal-casting KIT!!!

I'm definitely worried about the gold leafing part. I've been practicing a little on random items and I've been getting inconsistent results. Flat areas I think I can do alright on. But uneven areas are a problem, especially if the adhesive from the pen pools up in low spots.
Don't worry! When you see the video on how I apply it, you'll be more comfortable with it!
It's gold leaf that is attached to paper that peels off when you stick it to the glued surface. It's not the Gold Leaf that you have to use one of those brushes with squirrel hair, which is a pain to use...

Just opened up my glaive today and wow it is one substantial chunk of metal. Really nice job on this one Brent. Looking forward to finishing it.

Please include steps for those of us that went the gold pen refill route instead of gold leaf. I watched several videos on gold leaf, and decided it definitely wasn't for me so I got the pen refills.

Please include steps for those of us that went the gold pen refill route instead of gold leaf. I watched several videos on gold leaf, and decided it definitely wasn't for me so I got the pen refills.
If you use the Gold Pen, then do not spray any protective coatings, such as acrylic or polyurethane, since it could or will react with the gold paint and make it look like aged bronze instead of gold.
After you see my video, you may decide that Gold Leaf won't be so bad...
The Gold Leaf I use is very easy to apply, since it's attached to paper that peals off when you apply it to the glued surface.

Finally got home from travels and opened the Glaive... Looks fantastic and it's way heavier than I expected... Also struck me as very Christmassy / Festive...

BTW I've been having a really tough time with the gold leaf... I'm using the real 23k stuff... the squirrel keeps biting me...

Any eta on the assembly instructions?
Should be this coming week to have the assembly video posted!
Sorry for the delay! I had some family stuff slow my progress down last week and couldn't get to the painting part....
I'll be finishing up the painting on Monday and Tuesday, and hopefully have the video posted before the end of the week.

What was the chroming process used for the glaive and blades, was it electro plated or spray chrome? I'm having a little difficulty getting my blades to fit right, so may have to remove some. Thanks for any tips and pointers.

What was the chroming process used for the glaive and blades, was it electro plated or spray chrome? I'm having a little difficulty getting my blades to fit right, so may have to remove some. Thanks for any tips and pointers.
I fitted the blades for each Glaive that was shipped. Each blade goes into a particular slot. So, move them around until they all fit.
I believe it's some sort of spray-on Chrome. So, be careful, since it's more delicate than the electroplated chrome.

UPDATE:

Tutorial Video is up!!! Have fun!!!
:cool: (y)

Here is the "Paint & Rune Guides" to download!
RuneGuide2.jpg
PaintGuide.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back