Licensed Pulse Rifle pre-order

A whopping 3.2% at most!

This has been an interesting read and I am sure you will all become part of prop replica legend!

Thank you!!! That has been my position from the beginning! ;)

Hope the droop factor doesn't affect any airsoft adapters out there. It only takes the addition or removal of a few shims to make things "right"....

img24.jpg

I agree with you Tom, but it seems like some are still trying to stir things up and of course I'm sure I'll be told that what I have to say doesn't count since I received one of the good ones. I have noticed though that a lot of the pot stirrers were people who have not bought one or have not received theirs yet.

I agree with you Tom, but it seems like some are still trying to stir things up and of course I'm sure I'll be told that what I have to say doesn't count since I received one of the good ones. I have noticed though that a lot of the pot stirrers were people who have not bought one or have not received theirs yet.
Yes of course your going to feel different about the droop.
Tom as well, He is good friends with the owner who gave Tom his rifle for free
So Tom is going to be on Hcgs side :cry

Yes well there seems to be a lot of Axe grinding going on along with the pot stirring.

Careful with that axe, the more you grind the greater the chance you'll get cut.

M

Well, I was lucky enough to receive a replacement after my 1st one was sent back because of the droop and a broken part. Im happy to say that the new one is much better, there is evidence of a very very slight droop but nothing that will annoy me.
Im just happy that i have one. In years to come when everyone on here has taken theirs apart mine will still be displayed proudly.

Out of interest, Green...
What's the meaning behind your username?

Nothing really I would like to tell you it has some deep meaning
but just thought of something simple I could remember :)
I am not trying to upset anyone but why are certain people trying to hide that fact there is a problem with these barrels being defective ? Now we are making threats when people speak up, why wouldn't all collectors just want to be told the truth
before they make a 900 investment . Myself and others don't have the skill to
take a rifle apart and repair it , and for 900 bucks all the rifles should have been checked before they went out . I agree things happen and nothing
is perfect but this has reached way beyond a few guns. Sorry if its coming off as trying to stir the pot really not all the reason I spoke up.

Well, I was lucky enough to receive a replacement after my 1st one was sent back because of the droop and a broken part. Im happy to say that the new one is much better, there is evidence of a very very slight droop but nothing that will annoy me.
Im just happy that i have one. In years to come when everyone on here has taken theirs apart mine will still be displayed proudly.

That's good to hear. I was just contacted late last week about a replacement that inspected and ready. I'm just waiting for my shipping label so I can send my droopy and wonky OD back.

I said the same thing before I received mine, but of course you don't care because all you are doing is trying to stir up trouble. You seem to like coming into threads and stirring things up. You have done that in a few threads since you joined last week.

A lot more people besides Tom and Matt are saying nice things about the Pulse Rifle and not all of them work for or are friends of HGC.

Based on your search thread, you don't plan on buying one, so what you say doesn't count either.

I guess I should never go to Vegas as I am 0 for 2 on these. Or i am at 100% just not the good way.

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3962.jpg

Having said that I could not be happier with how HCG has handled this. I am on the list for replacements and also have the option to just return them.

The sky is not falling but is not exactly clear and sunny yet either.

Hey people, new here, so Hi!

Got my HCG Pulse through, it has a droop unfortunatly but not as bad as others on here, Mine is number 50 of 1000. Doesnt bother me too much as its a great looking piece, but will probably be using the pulse for parts eventually or will fix the droop myself.

Its an expensive replica, but id say definatly worth it, im very happy.

View attachment 33323

Looking at these pics again, its like the grenade launcher is pushed into the shrouds too far.

If it was pulled out slightly it would let the barrel and vent be pushed into the shroud more and straighten it all out.

Wow, the OD one really looks bad. You almost wonder if something is broken on it. I'm glad to hear they are going to replace or refund it.

Good luck.

Green, I don't know who you are or much of anything about you personally. I have however, observed your interactions with several members here both casual collector/enthusiasts and friends. Based only on an observation level, you seam to have a tendency to stir debate on issues that are by all intents and purposes, settled topics.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against light hearted ribbing and even goofy posts. For me, places like the rpf is the ideal platform to exchange tips, ideas, share news, and foster friendships that, in another time, would have been impossible. It is possible here.

I see that you have become somewhat of a veritable fountain of knowledge and insight on this particular prop and a few members here, now, including myself. Just so there is no more confusion and additional misinformation injected into this thread, let me clarify to you who I am and why I choose to remain in good spirits.

I came to this board several years ago with similar requests for info on acquiring or building a nice replica pulse rifle. Like so many others, I will never forget seeing ALIENS when it was released and still fond of the old Malco theatre that has since closed down. I was a kid when I first saw that gun on the big screen and have never shaken the dream of acquiring one ever since. The members here and several other forums have always been extremely helpful in my quest. Through the years, I've managed to research, examine, kit bash, and even develop some parts of my own in an attempt to build the "ideal" pulse rifle. The gun has always presented new opportunities for possible upgrades and this is only one of the reasons many of us still talk about it. Over the years that followed signing up for the rpf, as you can imagine, I've built a small number of pulse rifles. Learned something new from each one of them. When time permits, I try to share what I can on my own website but real world priorities often prevent me from making the updates like I would want. Fortunately enough, it seams to have been helpful to others in being either an inspiration or spring board to greater challenges when it comes to the pulse rifle. As long as that still continues to happen, then I have done a job well enough.

I've participated and observed this thread from the very beginning. Watched the excitement build, tensions flare in regards to a due date, several posts that could have been worded a little differently, some happy reports, some disappointed reports, etc. Looks like HCG's claims department will be working over-time for the next few weeks. Or maybe not. Who really knows?

When I received word that my order would arrive via Fed-Ex, I was tickled. I'm sure any of you gents would have felt the same. Never expected to be the first to receive and held a little guilt since so many others were chomping at the bit to get one. I am a patient person. Just am. Others are not and that's okay. But in any event, I knew it was going to arrive on the 30th. I even notified work that I would be coming in late as to not miss the truck. As the morning hours began to pass by, I started to think that I was pushing my luck and decided to finish my coffee and prepare to leave. I'll never forget that morning. I was in the bathroom, no shirt on and a toothbrush in my mouth. The perfect time to hear a horn blow from a Fed-Ex truck in my driveway. Not wanting to waste a second and miss this opportunity, I ran through the house and out the door before the driver had the chance to leave. It was only then after greeting the driver that I realized he was actually handing over a rather large package, labeled HOLLYWOOD COLLECTIBLES GROUP to me, a born again kid, shirtless, with a foaming toothbrush hanging out of my mouth. I couldn't even say 'thank you' but smiled as he accepted my autograph for his records. Not too many people would truly appreciate the significance of a moment like that but, put yourself in my shoes, as the kid that saw ALIENS back in the day. To go on to be so infatuated with the prop, and then to be one of the first to receive an actual production model. All this while in total style, I might add. ;)

Now, to the best of my knowledge, Mark is a member here and by default friends with many of you too.

Green, I really don't know what your intention was behind a statement like that. You seam to be misinformed on a lot of things but quick to inject such BS. It's beginning to get a little annoying and has the potential to cause confusion with the casual readers. Get to know me before making any snap decisions about me and definitely don't use my name in a prediction. If you can live by that, you'll be okay. If not, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Actually got a note from HCG. They said they will exchange my drooped barrel PR for a straight barrel PR. Not sure if I'm going to take them up on it since I plan to replace the fake Thompson with the real deal.

But anyhoo, they are trying to make good on the PRs...

Green - Fair enough. It seemed to me that you signed up for these boards with the express intention of engaging in flamewars ( Given your mistaken insistence that the original Pulse Rifles were, oddly enough, green. )

Green, I don't know who you are or much of anything about you personally. I have however, observed your interactions with several members here both casual collector/enthusiasts and friends. Based only on an observation level, you seam to have a tendency to stir debate on issues that are by all intents and purposes, settled topics.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against light hearted ribbing and even goofy posts. For me, places like the rpf is the ideal platform to exchange tips, ideas, share news, and foster friendships that, in another time, would have been impossible. It is possible here.

I see that you have become somewhat of a veritable fountain of knowledge and insight on this particular prop and a few members here, now, including myself. Just so there is no more confusion and additional misinformation injected into this thread, let me clarify to you who I am and why I choose to remain in good spirits.

I came to this board several years ago with similar requests for info on acquiring or building a nice replica pulse rifle. Like so many others, I will never forget seeing ALIENS when it was released and still fond of the old Malco theatre that has since closed down. I was a kid when I first saw that gun on the big screen and have never shaken the dream of acquiring one ever since. The members here and several other forums have always been extremely helpful in my quest. Through the years, I've managed to research, examine, kit bash, and even develop some parts of my own in an attempt to build the "ideal" pulse rifle. The gun has always presented new opportunities for possible upgrades and this is only one of the reasons many of us still talk about it. Over the years that followed signing up for the rpf, as you can imagine, I've built a small number of pulse rifles. Learned something new from each one of them. When time permits, I try to share what I can on my own website but real world priorities often prevent me from making the updates like I would want. Fortunately enough, it seams to have been helpful to others in being either an inspiration or spring board to greater challenges when it comes to the pulse rifle. As long as that still continues to happen, then I have done a job well enough.

I've participated and observed this thread from the very beginning. Watched the excitement build, tensions flare in regards to a due date, several posts that could have been worded a little differently, some happy reports, some disappointed reports, etc. Looks like HCG's claims department will be working over-time for the next few weeks. Or maybe not. Who really knows?

When I received word that my order would arrive via Fed-Ex, I was tickled. I'm sure any of you gents would have felt the same. Never expected to be the first to receive and held a little guilt since so many others were chomping at the bit to get one. I am a patient person. Just am. Others are not and that's okay. But in any event, I knew it was going to arrive on the 30th. I even notified work that I would be coming in late as to not miss the truck. As the morning hours began to pass by, I started to think that I was pushing my luck and decided to finish my coffee and prepare to leave. I'll never forget that morning. I was in the bathroom, no shirt on and a toothbrush in my mouth. The perfect time to hear a horn blow from a Fed-Ex truck in my driveway. Not wanting to waste a second and miss this opportunity, I ran through the house and out the door before the driver had the chance to leave. It was only then after greeting the driver that I realized he was actually handing over a rather large package, labeled HOLLYWOOD COLLECTIBLES GROUP to me, a born again kid, shirtless, with a foaming toothbrush hanging out of my mouth. I couldn't even say 'thank you' but smiled as he accepted my autograph for his records. Not too many people would truly appreciate the significance of a moment like that but, put yourself in my shoes, as the kid that saw ALIENS back in the day. To go on to be so infatuated with the prop, and then to be one of the first to receive an actual production model. All this while in total style, I might add. ;)

Now, to the best of my knowledge, Mark is a member here and by default friends with many of you too.

Green, I really don't know what your intention was behind a statement like that. You seam to be misinformed on a lot of things but quick to inject such BS. It's beginning to get a little annoying and has the potential to cause confusion with the casual readers. Get to know me before making any snap decisions about me and definitely don't use my name in a prediction. If you can live by that, you'll be okay. If not, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Tom your right i don't know you and you don't know me .
The reason I am saying that is not to make you out to be a bad guy
or a Hcg spy. You have those two cool rifles up and I went to your site you have a big article on how you got yours for free from the owner.
So of course your going to be thrilled I would to . I was running around to like a kid.
But you have to see that there is no way its 3 1/2 pct every person I have spoken to has had a problem with the barrel in some way mine as well.
Its post after post about the same thing, the lower barrel has a flaw and that does not just happen on a small amount when they are made at the same factory.
We can agree to disagree thats ok :) Maybe I came out of the gates to strong but I am not happy unlike you . Its a different story when you
dish out the money and get a defective gun , that I feel the company had known about in advance . Oh I am to fat to fit threw a door so it can't
hit me in the ass!

I bailed on my PR run, only because Australia is so tough on anything that even remotely looks like a weapon. I don't know tommin and I don't know Matsuo. But I have seen examples of their skill levels, and it was because these guys were helping make this PR rifle I was willing to try to get one here.

So keep in mind the only reason they would have received anything for free was because they worked their asses off. I have had a few problems with HCG orders. It's a long trip here, things get broken. They have always offered amazing customer service and worked with me to come to a solution.

I still like to come to this thread and see the unveiling of peoples new PR. I am still sorry I didn't order one. Gees, guarantee me the droopiest one makes it here and I would take it. Just stop the "you got a free one, so now your otherwise stellar reputation and business practices means nothing". I want to continue to be insanely jealous in peace.

How are you guys displaying you pulse rifles? I personally think having the ammo counter turned on really makes the rifle stand out even more. Due to running off batteries though there is no way to leave it turned on all the time. Are there any sort of stickers you can buy that you could then put on the rifle to give the impression of being turned on? or is the easiest solution just to stick in some rechargebles and keep swapping them out?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back