Limited Run Luke Shared stunt Version Lightsaber ( Run Full )

Re: Luke Shared stunt Version Lightsaber

I've never cared much for the Hero or the Shared Stunt to be honest. :p I do find the V2 a killer though and I'm proud it occupies the one space I have for a Luke saber.

IMG_4964.JPG
(Old pic: I've since replaced the clamp card and rounded the edges of the pommel cubes)

Also, I hope the pic in the original post isn't the one the final saber model is based on because that particular image is flipped.

The "mystery chunk" hole should be on the opposite side of the D-ring, above the first cube on the left.

skyken1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4964.JPG
    IMG_4964.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 459

Here's the (so far) official explanation

Alec Guinness used a bunch of cast/lathed metal lightsabers that had motors in them. All identical, since they were cast from the same mold, with a groove in the upper neck, and wide enough in diameter for a Graflex clamp, so 1.5". Two survived, that we know of.....what we deem the "Shared Stunt" and V2. at this point they're probably still black/grey and messed up looking. Since we don't know much about their paint job....could have had brown necks, could have not...no way to tell them a part.

ESB Behind the scenes training, they could be using either one, (luke and vader) for practice. One, at least, had a brown neck.

ROTJ ....the V2 as we deem it...is used as a belt hanger, static prop. (Throne room, catching on sail barge, Forest on belt) ...the Shared Stunt is used in the Throne room duel. at some point the nipple fell out. The copper neck is seen, most likely redecorated. becauuussseee....

ROTJ Sail Barge scenes. A NEW lathed aluminum stunt is made with a copper or brass neck. This new one...the Yuma....is solid metal and smaller than a graflex clamp, so it has a dummy box with two screws on it. possibly a dummy rectangle on the side to simulate a "lever." This is used for fencing all over Yuma, Arizona scenes.

The saber shot out of R2 is a cast of the old ANH sabers...at least the test fire seen on screen. The "barge climbing" saber has a similar paint job as the V2, and a Graflex looking control box,suggesting it, also, has ANH origins.

Later, a close-up shot was done in California of a dressed-up small Yuma saber. It had a simple control box with brass sidebars right against the aluminum corners.

After that...most likely that SAME decorated yuma saber had it's side bars taken off and raised for the box sliding "build" scene. Arrows and electronics may have been added too, since we see no lights in the close-up with Vader.

Everyone follow?

and YES I WOULD BE VERY MUCH INTERESTED, ESPECIALLY NOW THE NIPPLE JUST FELL OUT AND WHO KNOWS WHY THEY GROUND UP THE SURFACE OF THE EMITTER.

- - - Updated - - -

that wasn't sarcasm, I seriously want one of these. Just exasperated at the mindless grinding of the emitter plate, now found to not have any other reason than removing paint lol

Also that circle on the graflex clamp is a tear in the foil covering the clamp. Not a hole in the clamp.

Also, not sure how accuracy crazy people want to go. The copper neck would be awesome! to bring down price....we could paint the lower neck and wrap copper coil tape around the emitter. Now that im looking at it, they didn't remove any paint from the sides of the emitter. im seeing original black, silver foil tape, copper tape then the groove. thank god they took it off the emitter plate at least.

...A NEW lathed aluminum stunt is made with a copper or brass neck. ...

It's painted on though, correct? These pics of it show it chipping.

Also that circle on the graflex clamp is a tear in the foil covering the clamp. Not a hole in the clamp.

Is this for certain? Even the close up shots of it when it went into space?

LROTJS7.jpg

I dunno. I looks like a definite hole to me. On all corresponding pics of this, there's a lip shown at all angles around the "tear".

I do know there was talk of that "other" hole on the opposite side being a tear and that I can buy.

LukeStuntROTJ19.jpg

Dunno if it's his but I got this phot from a post by @Sym-Cha

Last edited:

it just occurred to me there are two of these circular marks, one on both sides of the clamp. If this were a real hole, I think we'd see a much larger edge, since that part of the saber is thinner than the booster, to account for the clamp. It still looks like the revealed surface is at the same level as the booster section, that could be pushed and discolored foil tape too.

CoBJB1bUEAA3dyF.jpg

now I'm not so sure. I just can't figure out why they'd drill a hole...and how the edges of the foil would get pressed inwards. if it was there prior, they would just cover over it, like the wire hole on the pommel. if it was after, the foil would get torn up with sharp drill edges. This makes me think its an illusion.

- - - Updated - - -

It's painted on though, correct? These pics of it show it chipping.

Also, correct!

Last edited:

That circle on both sides looks too round and has depth, looks drilled to me. Tear in foil looks like that rough shaped area right above the end of the clamp lever, and in the center of the clamp. Will this be cast to give the seam line you can see on the rings and wind vane in the first post and the picture when it was boxed for the trip into space?

This is what I proposed to the shop, but I'm looking to see cheaper options, but need to know if you guys prefer copper or copper plated?

Cut%20out%202_zpsww58neiv.jpg

All copper all the time.:thumbsup

Unless it's a lot cheaper to do plating.

This is very conditional on price for me. The new V2 and Hero are around $150 so,.......

All copper as well if it's not too expensive.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6P en utilisant Tapatalk

would it be cheaper to actually use the set screw in the booster section to hold the pommel inside rather than thread it?

Theres most likely a flange inside the saber and the set screw sits in the groove.

now I'm not so sure. I just can't figure out why they'd drill a hole...and how the edges of the foil would get pressed inwards. if it was there prior, they would just cover over it, like the wire hole on the pommel. if it was after, the foil would get torn up with sharp drill edges. This makes me think its an illusion.
!

If this was originally an OBI stunt, maybe the holes were meant to be where the resistors were placed?

What size blade are you going for? The Solo's Hold allows for either a 7/8" or 1" blade wit a 1.15 ID, but the Korbanth v3 uses a 3/4" bald and ID. It would be nice to have an integrated heat sink. Maybe in the copper neck?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back