Limited Run Luke / Vader ANH shared stunt saber kit

I received a M16x1mm threading tool today and tried to see how this would work for the red button and glass eye.
It was not a success. I'll need to find a 5/8"x24 tool now. it is so close, but it won't work for our purpose here.

the M16 tool would probably work for a flat part, but since we are threading a thin curved wall, we need to be sure the threads have something to grab quickly, and the hole is slightly too large here.
The glass eye is threading slightly, but the red button is not holding.
IMG_20240213_164220.jpg

IMG_20240213_164612.jpg

In the case of the red button, what I'm seing on my 3D model is that it is barely threaded into the tube, and the way I have modeled it, it will be resting on the inner core. so it would need to look like this:
IMG_20240213_164822.jpg

to get this result, we really need the first threads of the top of the tube to grab the red button properly. So i'll try to find the proper threading tool and make that work now!

cheers all

Anybody got a line on that white button/switch thingy?
hey,
I have this vintage switch coming in the post:
s-l1600.jpg

I hope it will fit.
there are no super clear references of the switch of course, so any white/cream switch with a shape similar to the one I'm showing here will do the trick I think. It has to fit though, you have 35mm of diameter inside the tube.
there are a few modern alternative as well. i'll see what I can find and if I also include something as part of the kit or as an option.
cheers

I have ordered white switches for the run, they will be included with the kits (If I receive them - aliexpress - first time I order there - completely against my principles!).
They look a bit blank but they have metal screws as connectors whereas a lot of others have plastic screws that I didn't like. And, I have seen several other people use a similar shape, and I don't know, maybe they have clearer references and know they are correct! I personally can't tell from all the refs I have.
1707929451061.png

More important announcement for options along the way:
I have been doing a lot of research for motorized stunts today. I need to test first, so I don't think i'll take interest for that now, especially since interest thread has already been running for a while and people have signed up.

So, as a side option, I will do 8mm stainless steel rods with aluminium shaft couplers to attach to motors and attach a blade to it, And I can also provide small aluminium sleeves with set screws to act as spacer between the 35mm inside wall and the 25mm diameter motors that seem to be standard. You buy your own motor and wires and you get basically everything you need for a motorized stunt.

On top of that, if it all works well, i'll probably offer around 10 or so finished motorized sabers. Where you still need to source your clamp, red button, glass eye and grips, but you put batteries, you press the button and it turns :)
This is not certain yet, it has to be tested and approved first.

cheers all :)

I have ordered white switches for the run, they will be included with the kits (If I receive them - aliexpress - first time I order there - completely against my principles!).
They look a bit blank but they have metal screws as connectors whereas a lot of others have plastic screws that I didn't like. And, I have seen several other people use a similar shape, and I don't know, maybe they have clearer references and know they are correct! I personally can't tell from all the refs I have.
View attachment 1789690

I have been doing a lot of research for motorized stunts today. I need to test first, so I don't think i'll take interest for that now, especially since interest thread has already been running for a while and people have signed up.

So, as a side option, I will do 8mm stainless steel rods with aluminium shaft couplers to attach to motors and attach a blade to it, And I can also provide small aluminium sleeves with set screws to act as spacer between the 35mm inside wall and the 25mm diameter motors that seem to be standard. You buy your own motor and wires and you get basically everything you need for a motorized stunt.

On top of that, if it all works well, i'll probably offer around 10 or so finished motorized sabers. Where you still need to source your clamp, red button, glass eye and grips, but you put batteries, you press the button and it turns :)

This is incredible! Count me in on these motorized stunts, if it tests successful! :)

View attachment 1789690

This is our best option since the vintages are now gone

I'd be interested in a base kit with a switch! I totally wanna install electronics in this...

EDIT: Argh. Some unexpected bills came up. I'm gonna have to drop out. Good luck with the run, though!

Last edited:
hey there,

reminder that there is no promises for the motorized sabers! Feel free to mention you are interested for it, so I get a better idea, but please understand that I will write you down for a kit by default. I will try my best to make it happen though, that I can promise :)

also, I think my offering for the kit is very affordable, however, please understand and keep in mind before signing up, that a motorized assembled saber (without grips, clamp, red button and glass eye) would likely be more around 200€-275€. Which I think is still very reasonible and much lower than previous runs I have seen. I might be doing something wrong with my prices, I should probably investigate this, might be a reason why I have been under the poverty line here for 4 years! :lol:

Two days left to sign up, don't miss out!

alright, first part down, the emiter core :)
IMG_20240216_164408.jpg

IMG_20240216_164849.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back