Mandalorian Season 3

So they're playing space cornhole. Din and Bo arrive with prisoner, and they are surprised. A minute later, they're giving them the key to the city. They weren't expecting them, or even knew they'd finished the job, but they had the key standing by?

Just one of way too many stupid things about this episode.

P.S. Musicians do not actors make.

So they're playing space cornhole. Din and Bo arrive with prisoner, and they are surprised. A minute later, they're giving them the key to the city. They weren't expecting them, or even knew they'd finished the job, but they had the key standing by?

Just one of way too many stupid things about this episode.

P.S. Musicians do not actors make.

Completed a side quest and received both The Magical Key and The Mythical Sword…

Video Games Pizza GIF by Anne Horel

They are now prepared to face the “Big Boss” (the dinosaur of The Great Mandalorian Bathtub) and complete the game.

Last edited:
Yeah this episode was goofy but I actually didn't hate it. It was fun in parts and it mostly worked for me. There were certainly some leaps of logic but I've always felt that's just par for the course with most anything Filoni is involved in. Even with the explanation, I still wasn't sure why the other Mandos couldn't have been tasked with the job given to Din and Bo-Katan.

The "forbidden love" opener was pure cringe. I also didn't think Quarren had human eyes?

Plazir-15 certainly gave off Guardians of the Galaxy vibes but I didn't totally hate it.

I was surprised how trusting Mando was to leave Grogu with people he had never even seen before.

Pretty sure I saw white space Vespas but at least they fit in this environment better.

Does Mando not wear his jetpack anymore? I know he's used it a few times this season but it doesn't seem as prevalent. Unless his cape is somehow hiding it, he used to sweep it to one side to clear the jetpack.

I've never quite understood the logic of still active battle droids when they pop up in SW media since I thought it was clear in the PT that they were remotely controlled by control ships. Unless they were radically rebuilt and re engineered with onboard automation, I never thought it made much sense that they could even function.

Kinda weird they used the "Imperial probe droid" sound effects for the white, repurposed interrogation droid, which used to have its own distinct sound.

Bo-Katan did finally meet up with her prodigal brethren and did finally get the Darksaber, so arguably the episode was not entirely for naught in the grander scheme.

My biggest complaint is this episode came way too late in the season. We only have two episodes left and seems like we should be getting down to brass tacks. I will say I think we've seen everything shown in the trailers now so we may be totally in the dark with the final two episodes. I do think these final two episodes are gonna really need to knock it out of the park for this season to be anything more than "eh, just okay" for me. Unless something changes, I'm starting to get the feeling they're stonewalling a bit and saving all the "juicy" stuff for the Ahsoka show at the expense of The Mandalorian.

Other than the weird emphasis on Bo-Katan and her "retaking" Mandalore thing, which frankly I don't care that much about, I'm not seeing what purpose any of this is serving. For that matter, who exactly is Bo-Katan taking Mandalore from that requires all this manpower? It seems pretty clear at this point it's a barren, unoccupied wasteland. With Bo-Katan usurping much of the attention this season, it feels like Mando's tale ended with season two.

I haven't been critical of this season, as others have, but this episode was...odd. It felt more like a Star Wars comic book, where the writer and artist don't really understand the subject matter. Really felt like the bulk of the episode was filler. And it was just too goofy. Way out of tone with the rest if The Mandalorian series.

There's been some good points brought up here already, here's a few of my own:

- Bo-Katan's ship is taken over by the dome city's automatic landing system? That seems like a huge security issue. We've seen ships get towed into places against their will, but that's from a massive tractor beam. If any ship can just get theur controls overridden, that's causes all sorts of story problems for me.

- Why did the battle droid run away? If it was malfunctioning against it's new programming, it would make more sense if it reverted back to a battle droid and just started attacking. I don't think we've ever seen a battle droid retreat, much less run away. Where was it going to go anyway? Back to the droid bar? As others mentioned, seemed like the whole droid chasing story was ripped from Blade Runner, and to me, not in a good way.

- The Droid bar - why? It just doesn't seem to make a lot of in-world sense. More goofiness.

- Jack Black was Jack Black, which may've been okay if the rest of the ep wasn't off the rails.

- Lizzo is not a good actor. This is the epitome of stuntcasting.

- Grogu was knighted??? What the hell is this? And Din Jarin just left him there with these weirdo aristocrats?

- Final fight with Bo-Katan and privateer Mandalorian leader: no helmets? I get that the creators want to see the actors faces, especially Katee Sackhoff's, but it felt dumb. And Mando gives up the dark saber in a relatively unsatisfying, abrupt way.

Last edited:
Other than the weird emphasis on Bo-Katan and her "retaking" Mandalore thing, which frankly I don't care that much about, I'm not seeing what purpose any of this is serving. For that matter, who exactly is Bo-Katan taking Mandalore from that requires all this manpower? It seems pretty clear at this point it's a barren, unoccupied wasteland. With Bo-Katan usurping much of the attention this season, it feels like Mando's tale ended with season two.
Feels like they're looking to spin off Bo-Katan into her own series. Or maybe they just wanted to have a female main character on a very male dominated show.

Here was my take on the episode, FWIW...

As I said earlier, the opening felt like the beginning of a 2005 episode of Doctor Who, which was usually the hook for that particular episode. Here, it seemed pretty much out of place, but I'll all but guarantee some part of it will circle back at some point. Not great, but I won't call it bad until I see where it goes.

The culture of the planet was intended to be BEYOND opulent & ridiculous, but Black's overacting combined with Lizzo's questionable skills just put me off. I mean, the name of the planet LITERALLY means 'Pleasure' & they did a good job showing that the society had become so focused on, as Doc said, recreation, the arts, & said pleasure to the point they were overlooking & trying to ignore blatant threats to their safety. SO IS THE ENTIRE REST OF THE NEW REPUBLIC! The Empire achieved order through fear & intimidation, so this New Republic chooses to go the complete opposite & try to maintain order through pacifism to the point they don't want ANYONE to feel threatened or uncomfortable. This attitude is EXACTLY what Leia was warning the government of, but she was accused of warmongering & shut down by her political opponents. Any show that takes place in this era is going to have to show this occuring all over the galaxy, but with Jack Black & Lizzo as the 'spokespeople' that the characters interacted with, the entire thing just became a farcical situation.

All that said, it was Lloyd's character that was, like the pilot last episode, who was trying to sound the alarm for what he saw happening, but everyone is so busy enjoying their self-serving 'freedom' from tyranny, they refuse to believe they've gone too far the other way. More & more, SW has tried to show that the Separatists were probably the more democratic ideal, but we didn't see that from the perspective of the people who felt that way. We only saw the evil forces pulling the strings who, much like in the real world, use good ideas & causes to bring more power & wealth to themselves.

The Droid bar was a big ole stretch, but when the Droid told Din & Bo that the nepthene they were 'drinking' carried any new updates to the Droid's daily programming, I said I'd allow it. It makes sense that this society would treat their droids as a means to their continued way of life, so they make the droids responsible for their own updating. That created the opportunity for Doc to use their laziness & apathy for his own purpose, to try & shake their culture awake before it was too late.

To me, the only thing that could've made the chase through the streets any more on the nose, would've been if that Super Battledroid had been wearing a see-through, clear raincoat.

Last thing I haven't seen mentioned this season, is the LucasFilm opening intro. The one that shows the helmets & droids. They always show the good guys with a blue light shining across them, & the bad guys with a red light. All this season, right before the proper show starts, there's a Mandalorian helmet shown with a red light flashing across it. I believe this is hinting at who broke Gideon out, & may point to the season's final two episodes will reveal. The still Imperial Loyalist followers of Gar Saxon.

Well to be a true fan you needed to be 10 when Star Wars was released in 77. Like me:)
An argument could be made for up to 15. Honestly 19 is a little geriatric.

As usual I must have seen a different episode than most of you as I actually liked it. I guess I must not be a real Star Wars fan since I've only been watching Star Wars since I was 19 back in the summer 1977.
I was 6.

...hmmm...

Maybe that's the problem? We're old enough to enjoy what we enjoy without seeking the permission of others to like it & unapologetically are fine with standing on our opinion of enjoyment without the need for others to validate it.

Or I'm just a gullible sheep.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back