Most iconic car in history

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Place your vote!
Please keep in mind, due to the nature of our community we tend to lean towards prop cars, but don't be limited to that. I'm talking about ANY car in history.
So here's how you should select your choice: imagine going to a busy mall an picking 100 random strangers and simply asking them the question. Which car would get the most votes?
Ironically, I still think it's going to be a movie car.

'66 Batmobile?
BTTF Delorian?
Ecto-1?
General Lee?
Other?

So many to choose from, Bullitt got me into restoring mustangs, those listed above are excellent choices, and there are so many more that could be someone’s favorite or most iconic and no one would be wrong.

However, if there was ONE car I would own above all others, it’s the 66 batmobile.

I see replicas of Eleanor on the street and for sale more than any other movie car.

123.jpg

Interesting question. Looking at it from another angle what if you thought of every famous car you could and had pictures of them. Then go to a Mall and ask people to name them. Popularity v's Familiarity..... I wager you would get a different answer to favourite car v's most well known.

Anyway, all that being said.

K.I.T.T. no wait The General Lee......89 Batmobile?.....no Bonds DB5.......NOOOO Bonds white Lotus Esprit....no errr...errr K.I.T.T. definately K.I.T.T.

I think.

My K.I.T.T.

30021090001_large.jpeg

All right, kids, back up just a bit.
I know many of us have a hard time being unbiased, but that's kind of what I'm looking for. I see many cars mentioned above that the majority of the population would have no idea what it is. I know you find it hard to believe that nobody would recognize YOUR favorite car, but again, try to separate yourself from your geek side and try to look at it from your "everyday joe's" eyes.
I absolutely hate the General Lee, but I suspect the majority of the public would probably know what it is.
I know many of us have a real appreciation for KITT, but truth be told, almost everybody on the road that sees it will just think vintage Trans-am unless by chance they manage to see the subtle hint of the roving light.

Well, that's kinda tough being a car guy. The #1 on my list ( which a movie was made about the car )
Would be the Tucker. The car is so bad ass, with style, it's ridiculous!

Just gorgeous!

Surprisingly, a lot of (well older, and car show guys) know about the Tucker. I don't think the younger crowd even pays attention to cars.
Growing up in the 90's I (among many others), loved Lowriders. I still do! It's funny how they have just disappeared! The style, the time, has left. I just find it odd, I guess it's the older age thing! I do like a lot of different styles, makes, and models now. I love seeing something built, that is either hard to customize, or just full of really cool ideas.

Attachments

• Tucker1052_01_3000.jpg
    Tucker1052_01_3000.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
  • tucker-48-front-logo.jpg
    tucker-48-front-logo.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Well, that's kinda tough being a car guy. The #1 on my list ( which a movie was made about the car )
Would be the Tucker. The car is so bad ass, with style, it's ridiculous!

Just gorgeous!
Agreed, then I’d go the opposite end and go with raw power and go with a 64 Ford Thunderbolt. This is a really hard question to ask of a car guy.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back