Most iconic car in history

Cody Coyote (1st Season)

tumblr_nik9rd5qbK1u8imavo1_500.jpg

That beginning song would never fly today.

Uh, no...the “Fall Guy Intro Song” would be regarded as a shocking song today...so much so that merely uttering the name “Fall Guy” would be designated as a an emotional trigger; especially with lyrics like:

“I've never been with anything less than a nine, so fine...”

The guys featured in the Gillette commercial would leap in front of the Fall Guy’s truck and sacrifice their bodies in order to stop his toxic journey.

Last edited:
I know many of us have a hard time being unbiased, but that's kind of what I'm looking for. I see many cars mentioned above that the majority of the population would have no idea what it is. I know you find it hard to believe that nobody would recognize YOUR favorite car, but again, try to separate yourself from your geek side and try to look at it from your "everyday joe's" eyes.

Well, if you're talking about an iconic vehicle that is most instantly recognized by the broadest population, then I offer...

3841026094_e130fa09fe.jpg

Iconic wise I do have to say the General Lee. Everyone knows the car and what it's from. All the rest are known by some but not all and many are not recognizable as just that film or TV car, Magnum, Bond cars. So I would say the General Lee, as stated earlier, because everyone knows it and what it's from.

You see one of these other cars (Minus a few) and you don't go right to the movie or TV show but the General Lee is instantly known.

Last edited:
Asking 100 strangers, and getting an actual car (ie: not "that car from Back to the Future") I think probably a Mustang, a Beetle, or a Thunderbird would be top contenders. Very possibly a Jeep as well.

If I would ask 100 strangers here, the answer would be „Trabi“
or „Käfer“
Those cars ruled our autobahns for nearly 50 years!!!

We forgot the Monkee mobile:)

1 Original Bat mobile by far..
2 Monkee mobile..
3 Speed Racer's Mark 5
4 James Bond Austin Martin
5 Flintstones Car

TV Tommy Ivo's 4 Buick Nailhead Motor Show Boat 1/4 miles car..:)
Love both Munster's cars but they didn't show them enough.

Was to old to like the General Lee, The Night Rider Car, the Bandit Trans Am.
There's the Scooby do van

Last edited:
1) VW Beetle - Herbie
2) Mini Minor - Italian Job (Original Film)
3) Rolls Royce - Hood ornament & Grill...
If we’re speaking where around the world they could be found & recognised easily, maybe ?

The A Team GMC van or the General Lee were my favorite growing up. I've always wanted a Dodge Charger but they're pretty hard to come by for anywhere near what I can afford down here in Australia and the Valiant Charger just isn't the same.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back