Oblivion Inspired Office Build

Got some more work done last week. What I am now referring to the super structure of the desk is all painted and installed. I need to get it more secure against the wall, but I am happy with how it fits overall.

I will get that done this week as I work the smaller parts to get them ready for paint and installation.

IMG_6024.JPG IMG_6025.JPG IMG_6026.JPG IMG_6027.JPG

Been working through prime, sand, and repeat the last couple weeks and a few parts have made their way to the final paint stage.

IMG_6039.JPG

IMG_6034.JPG

The panels are just held in by shims at this point. They will be mounted once I am done working on the insides of the desk.

The goal is to get all the trim pieces on first and then I will check the panels for fit before I finish them.

I also need to run power to the desk and hard wire Ethernet to it.

With my current schedule, I expect I will be done with this project in the next month!!!

-Eric

As I get closer to the end of the project, my updates will come a little faster.

I made some little brackets to hold the bezel around the monitor in place.

I am using some rare earth magnets on the bracket and then making them adjustable for ease of install. On the back of the bezel in epoxied on some roofing straps. They are only $1 each at the local big box and makes it a rather cheap and simple solution.

IMG_6121.JPG
IMG_6128.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6122.JPG
    IMG_6122.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back