OdiWan72´s prop family

Some more work done…

Need to find a better cord/ cable for the rear end…this doesn‘t look good

And while trying to attach the balls to the prod, it happened what had to happen…the paint got cracks

Need to get a can of plastidip

I tried to be a cautionary tale! :lol: ;) One of these days when I try the quick way of doing something, it's going to work perfectly without any touchups or anything!

Some more work done…

Need to find a better cord/ cable for the rear end…this doesn‘t look good

And while trying to attach the balls to the prod, it happened what had to happen…the paint got cracks

Need to get a can of plastidip
this came out awesome!

Used Chris‘ barrel support and blocks, but made my own sideplates from aluminum

BC is on the blaster wall again…will take some glamour shots soon.

5995D44F-48C0-475C-86FD-498BDAEF21F3.jpeg

Also did some work to Ryan‘s awesome Rancor door panel kit. Need to find a lighting solution for it…

80CDF100-1AC1-4368-96A4-53A1EA26A03A.jpeg66E36F9A-6337-49E8-8D7B-3770D7948FA5.jpeg676AF2DA-C01D-498A-AECF-6AC07CC1BD7A.jpeg

Also started another custom blaster …

Attachments

• 3B026C34-6660-4A3B-963F-A836E3A97C0C.jpeg
    3B026C34-6660-4A3B-963F-A836E3A97C0C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • 6F71ED4A-81DA-48F3-95EF-5E6E2D7AB26B.jpeg
    6F71ED4A-81DA-48F3-95EF-5E6E2D7AB26B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
  • CF97D727-37BA-4F3A-A4FD-AEBF314BC19F.jpeg
    CF97D727-37BA-4F3A-A4FD-AEBF314BC19F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
You also need a skull to go with the door panel!

I've been getting the itch to do another custom blaster or lightsaber. I've got a ton of parts I've collected, just need the drive to want to work on something! I think I'm going to need several more years (or projects in between) before I could work on an AR based blaster though... :lol:

You also need a skull to go with the door panel!

I've been getting the itch to do another custom blaster or lightsaber. I've got a ton of parts I've collected, just need the drive to want to work on something! I think I'm going to need several more years (or projects in between) before I could work on an AR based blaster though... :lol:

….I just started the custom, because I discovered the airsoft AR15 during my last cleanup AND wanted to have a side project, while waiting for parts or the motivation to finish other props LOL

Figuring out the specs of the next project…this will be a BEAST with a length of close to 2m…way bigger than the real vintage rifle I have !

Going to use a 25mm diameter aluminum barrel…PVC is just for size reference

View attachment 1661306
that's awesome! looking forward to see what you do with this :) this was definitely a project I wanted to do, don't hesitate if you need help for something! :)

that's awesome! looking forward to see what you do with this :) this was definitely a project I wanted to do, don't hesitate if you need help for something! :)

This will be a LOOOONG undertaking, since I don´t have the right tools to do this kind of -big- woodwork.
I took me ages to sit down and TRY to come up with the correct specs of the rifle.

The Planet Hollywood rifle is definitely NOT screenused, not even production used IMHO, but a generic arabian rifle.
The pics of the allegedly "screen-used" rifle without any greeblies attached do not show the actual screen used rifle either....the shape of the buttstock and the placement of the wire wrapping is different from the actual prop.

So I had to base my "research" on the crappy archive pics, with only ONE showing the rifle in its full length and the b/w photography of Luke holding this blaster.

IF ANYBODY has a high resolution scan of this pic, I´d appreciate if I could get it :)

Here´s a comparsion to show what I am talking about...

luke rifle.png

dkraude : Could you show some pics of your finished rifle, please...along with some basic measurements? What is the diameter of your barrel?

This will be a LOOOONG undertaking, since I don´t have the right tools to do this kind of -big- woodwork.
I took me ages to sit down and TRY to come up with the correct specs of the rifle.

The Planet Hollywood rifle is definitely NOT screenused, not even production used IMHO, but a generic arabian rifle.
The pics of the allegedly "screen-used" rifle without any greeblies attached do not show the actual screen used rifle either....the shape of the buttstock and the placement of the wire wrapping is different from the actual prop.

So I had to base my "research" on the crappy archive pics, with only ONE showing the rifle in its full length and the b/w photography of Luke holding this blaster.

IF ANYBODY has a high resolution scan of this pic, I´d appreciate if I could get it :)

Here´s a comparsion to show what I am talking about...

View attachment 1661314

dkraude : Could you show some pics of your finished rifle, please...along with some basic measurements? What is the diameter of your barrel?

Sure thing. I will get to it later today when I get home from work.

Also finally found the cochones to drill into my real MG15 and attach the scopes

Since I am not working with a dummy receiver, the barrel is welded in place and I didn´t want to butcher the Tabby scope in any way, I had to make some sacrifices with regards to accuracy but I love that blaster

A million thanks to Art Andrews, who not only helped me with purchasing the MG15 from IMA ages (!) ago, but also provided my first Tabby, the Enfield scope, the T-Mount and a lot of support and encouragement. He and Chris Reiff also came up with the wonderful Snooper scope mount, that I was lucky to get my hands on. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN :)

Will post some beauty shots eventually, but there are some pics fresh from the workshop ;)

D1A152A8-A42D-4742-BBEF-2F6C56C8681C.jpeg13690F99-40EC-44BE-A07C-E7E81DBFC685.jpegF8060288-8E50-4492-8E50-D195FD72F53C.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back