OdiWan72´s prop family

Also finally found the cochones to drill into my real MG15 and attach the scopes

Since I am not working with a dummy receiver, the barrel is welded in place and I didn´t want to butcher the Tabby scope in any way, I had to make some sacrifices with regards to accuracy but I love that blaster

A million thanks to Art Andrews, who not only helped me with purchasing the MG15 from IMA ages (!) ago, but also provided my first Tabby, the Enfield scope, the T-Mount and a lot of support and encouragement. He and Chris Reiff also came up with the wonderful Snooper scope mount, that I was lucky to get my hands on. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN :)

Will post some beauty shots eventually, but there are some pics fresh from the workshop ;)

View attachment 1661320View attachment 1661321View attachment 1661322

I made that hole in my MG-15 years and years ago, but even now, the thought of that is anxiety-inducing. Very few things I have run into in this hobby are a "blow this, and you are screwed" moment, but that was one of them! Glad to see you take the plunge, and it turned out so well!

I truly believe this is THE quintessential example of what a Star Wars gun is. Slightly familiar, yet unique, with attachments that have purposes one can only guess at, yet somehow, it all comes together to be completely cool.

I made that hole in my MG-15 years and years ago, but even now, the thought of that is anxiety-inducing. Very few things I have run into in this hobby are a "blow this, and you are screwed" moment, but that was one of them! Glad to see you take the plunge, and it turned out so well!

I truly believe this is THE quintessential example of what a Star Wars gun is. Slightly familiar, yet unique, with attachments that have purposes one can only guess at, yet somehow, it all comes together to be completely cool.

Can´t agree more...I think I could have drilled the hole 1 to 1,5mm further to the front, but I am thankful it´s done at all.

Did you modify the ceramic plug of the Tabby by shortening it/ removing the nut?
As it stands now, I can not fully insert the plug into the -real- receiver, since the bolt is in the way

Thanks again :)

That's why some of my projects sit for so long because I'll go look at it and think "If I screw up this part it's game over". Then I go away for a while, come back, rinse and repeat. :lol: Maybe when I win the lottery I can be a more care free driller.

I had no idea how rare some of the parts were on this heavy blaster until Art posted about his. I love how builds can become a collective build and we all come together to advance a friends collection with a beautiful piece! Congrats to you Markus!

This will be a LOOOONG undertaking, since I don´t have the right tools to do this kind of -big- woodwork.
I took me ages to sit down and TRY to come up with the correct specs of the rifle.

The Planet Hollywood rifle is definitely NOT screenused, not even production used IMHO, but a generic arabian rifle.
The pics of the allegedly "screen-used" rifle without any greeblies attached do not show the actual screen used rifle either....the shape of the buttstock and the placement of the wire wrapping is different from the actual prop.

So I had to base my "research" on the crappy archive pics, with only ONE showing the rifle in its full length and the b/w photography of Luke holding this blaster.

IF ANYBODY has a high resolution scan of this pic, I´d appreciate if I could get it :)

Here´s a comparsion to show what I am talking about...

View attachment 1661314

dkraude : Could you show some pics of your finished rifle, please...along with some basic measurements? What is the diameter of your barrel?

Just sent you a PM with a dropbox link containing photos and measurements of my build. I would wish you luck, but I know you don't need it. Excited to see how yours turns out.

Finally a small update to this thread :)

Here is a photo-dump of a project I have been working on an off over the last few months…

Luke‘s ANH hunting rifle!
Wanted this for a VERY long time and even if I made some mistakes along the way, I am happy to add this to my collection.

Thanks dkraude and lonepigeon for your input/ support!

Glamour shots will follow eventually, enjoy the „ride“ …

IMG_2806.jpegIMG_2808.jpegIMG_2825.jpegIMG_2827.jpeg5C8BB23D-6B93-44BB-AF9C-5E40F3415B97.jpeg

IMG_2902.jpegIMG_2918.jpegIMG_2920.jpegIMG_2921.jpegIMG_2934.jpeg
IMG_3002.jpegIMG_3044.jpegIMG_3045.jpegIMG_3046.jpegIMG_3047.jpegIMG_3048.jpegIMG_3049.jpegIMG_3018.jpegIMG_3051.jpegIMG_3083.jpegIMG_3086.jpegIMG_3087.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome! This is also something I have been wanting to do for a long time! The worst part is that I don't have good references. I have never seen the photo with all the greenly details before. Awesome job Markus :)

Awesome! This is also something I have been wanting to do for a long time! The worst part is that I don't have good references. I have never seen the photo with all the greenly details before. Awesome job Markus :)
Thanks Matthieu

One of the major obstacles was finding a proper piece of wood.
I went with 50mm poplar (which I should have planed down to about 45 in hindsight) and tried to shape it with little to no woodworking skills...

References are few indeed. IMHO, the pictures of the auctioned blaster show a similar, yet different rifle OR the pics have been significantly rescaled, since some overall measurements and the placement of the wrapped areas differ! The shape/ angle of the buttstock differs as well.

Gave me quite a few headaches *lol*

Thanks Matthieu

One of the major obstacles was finding a proper piece of wood.
I went with 50mm poplar (which I should have planed down to about 45 in hindsight) and tried to shape it with little to no woodworking skills...

References are few indeed. IMHO, the pictures of the auctioned blaster show a similar, yet different rifle OR the pics have been significantly rescaled, since some overall measurements and the placement of the wrapped areas differ! The shape/ angle of the buttstock differs as well.

Gave me quite a few headaches *lol*
Wood woulnd't be an issue for me, I have 600 kg of mahogany in 50mm and 30mm thickness in a room waiting to be transformed into something cool lol.

The most problematic issue was the references for me but it looks like there are a couple photos I didn't have and that exists apparently :) but I guess the main issue for me now is time sadly ...

Anyways, you did a really great job here, congrats on the new rifle:)

Hi Markus.

Not as regulary as i have been in the past, but yes, i still chime in. Sometimes.

Well, i'm still alive.....so nothing to complain.....i'm fine. Just lacking the motivation for building something after work most of the time, but still reading and appreciating to see good work.

Finally a small update to this thread :)

Here is a photo-dump of a project I have been working on an off over the last few months…

Luke‘s ANH hunting rifle!
Wanted this for a VERY long time and even if I made some mistakes along the way, I am happy to add this to my collection.

Thanks dkraude and lonepigeon for your input/ support!

Glamour shots will follow eventually, enjoy the „ride“ …

View attachment 1750210View attachment 1750211View attachment 1750212View attachment 1750213View attachment 1750214

View attachment 1750215View attachment 1750216View attachment 1750217View attachment 1750218View attachment 1750219
View attachment 1750221View attachment 1750223View attachment 1750224View attachment 1750225View attachment 1750226View attachment 1750227View attachment 1750228View attachment 1750222View attachment 1750229View attachment 1750230View attachment 1750231View attachment 1750232
Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant! Beautiful work my friend

Awesome work Markus! This is on my list too and your build & reference photos will be very helpful, thanks pal!

It´s as always...somebody HAS TO start (in this case my "brother in arms" dkraude ) and others will follow.
I learned from Drew and took a different approach on some details of this (his) blaster, so will people based on my build!

I made some mistakes while shaping the wood, which are -thankfully- not that obvious in the final build. I went with 50mm thickness, but am pretty confident now, that I should have planed it down to 45mm to start with. I miiight feel the urge to alter the handshaped trigger eventually and tweak the greeblies a bit, but for now I am just happy to put this beast on display and called it DONE.

Appreciate the comments guys, thank you! :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back