Interest Quantum Leap Calculator Handlink by Replica Props, Cosplay Lights and Sound, SP Productions, and Halocat

Fantastic, I can't wait I'm sure it will be as great a replica as the Gummy Handlink.

Could I ask what brand and model of LED light bars you're using for the Calculator Handlink?
Thank you
The original LED light bars on the screen-used calculator were HLMP-2300 (red), HLMP-2400 (yellow), and HLMP-2500 (green) by Broadcom. Their light output is about 1/20th of modern LEDs for the current drawn. We considered many options, including 3D printing our own "light bars" and lighting them from underneath but that seemed a ton of labor and we weren't 100% sold on the look. Everlight and a couple other brands have similar lights that are a bit more efficient. We're going for accuracy, even if we have to bulk up the battery to make it work!

Morgan,

Will this version have a completely new set of Easter Eggs or a mix of Gummi Bear & new Easter Eggs?
So the easter eggs for the Gummy Bear handlink are:
  • "You're part of a time travel experiment that went a little caca."
  • "He's leaping! Ziggy said no but Sam's leaping!"
  • "With a million gigabyte capacity, I'm quite capable of rubbing my tummy, patting my head, and doing a trillion floating point operations at once."
  • Imagine
  • Season 3-5 Leap sound effect
  • The Alphabet Rap
  • Quantum Leap original theme
For the Calculator, I already have these planned:
  • Saga Sell -- Deborah Pratt saying "Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime..."
  • Season 1-2 Leap sound effect
  • Quantum Leap season 5 theme
What else should I put!!!? :)

I think there will be good overlap between fans of the Gummy Bear and fans of the Calculator, so I think I really need to have all unique easter eggs. I'm hoping I can do something with the screen too. Right now we're chasing a power drain issue.
Morgan,
I love the idea of putting the Saga Sell on there!
Perhaps, if you can find a good clip, "The Impossible Dream" from man of la mancha episode.
I know Ziggy hardly had a speaking part, but another clip from him would be cool.
If you could make the digital screen read out the main show title as close to original that could be neat.
It's really hard to say, lol, so much good, good stuff.

Keep up the good work sir!

I received PQL security clearance today. Now all i need is a handlink.
Looks great, Morgan! Thanks

Attachments

• 20221019_144938.jpg
    20221019_144938.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
So the easter eggs for the Gummy Bear handlink are:
  • "You're part of a time travel experiment that went a little caca."
  • "He's leaping! Ziggy said no but Sam's leaping!"
  • "With a million gigabyte capacity, I'm quite capable of rubbing my tummy, patting my head, and doing a trillion floating point operations at once."
  • Imagine
  • Season 3-5 Leap sound effect
  • The Alphabet Rap
For the Calculator, I already have these planned:
  • Saga Sell -- Deborah Pratt saying "Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime..."
  • Season 1-2 Leap sound effect
  • Quantum Leap season 5 theme
What else should I put!!!? :)
How about a good old fashioned 'Oh Boy' from Sam, or a quote from Captain Galaxy's final sign off from S3E13 (Future Boy)?

You're work is great - I enjoyed your interview on the Quantum Leap Podcast.

You're doing an amazing job.

One thing I was going to ask if it is possible to add is the jingle sound when the Handlink gets shaken?
Not a problem if it can't you've already got a lot of amazing features.
Looking forward to buying one.

Any idea roughly when you'll start selling?
Thank you

You're doing an amazing job.

One thing I was going to ask if it is possible to add is the jingle sound when the Handlink gets shaken?
Not a problem if it can't you've already got a lot of amazing features.
Looking forward to buying one.

Any idea roughly when you'll start selling?
Thank you
The sound I think you are talking about is actually something Morgan has been pulling his hair out over. If it's the same one, it was also heard in Play Ball when Ziggy is freaking out from Al's pocket while they are walking across the ball field. Every instance of this sound has problems with isolating it from voices and other background sounds. If its something else let us know.

I'm 95% done on the acrylics. The original was silk screened and the paint easily scratches off. So I am working on preventing that. Morgan is working on wireless programming right now I think. So, pretty soon.

The sound I think you are talking about is actually something Morgan has been pulling his hair out over. If it's the same one, it was also heard in Play Ball when Ziggy is freaking out from Al's pocket while they are walking across the ball field. Every instance of this sound has problems with isolating it from voices and other background sounds. If its something else let us know.

I'm 95% done on the acrylics. The original was silk screened and the paint easily scratches off. So I am working on preventing that. Morgan is working on wireless programming right now I think. So, pretty soon.
You're right, that's the sound I was referring to. I can imagine how hard is to isolate, it didn't feature all that often. I think it was created for the show and isn't part of the collection of Hanna Barbera sound effects that were repurposed for the Handlink.

Thank you for the update, I know it will be an amazing replica.

You're right, that's the sound I was referring to. I can imagine how hard is to isolate, it didn't feature all that often. I think it was created for the show and isn't part of the collection of Hanna Barbera sound effects that were repurposed for the Handlink.

Thank you for the update, I know it will be an amazing replica.
Right now there is less than a 50% chance that sound will be in it. It is such a rare sound in the show and I know Morgan was actually working with a sound designer trying to recreate it and was having very little success. We have been lucky with 99% of the sounds so far. Maybe we can put it out to the community to attempt to repair the sound.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back