Limited Run Rancor Gate Control Kit (Return of the Jedi) - PRICE LOWERED!

Ryan Clinton

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ScreencapComparison_RETOUCH.jpg

Hey Star Wars and rancor fans! My wife, Julie (Kyberess) and I are very excited to announce our collaboration on a screen-accurate ROTJ Rancor Gate Control Kit! We are offering a limited run of 25 kits. We may also offer additional runs in the future. A lot of work and attention to detail went into making this kit and getting it as close as we could to the film prop. Special thanks to Odiwan72 for being an extra set of eyes and good source of feedback on the decisions we made throughout the building process. Thank you Markus!

New Lower Price: $150.00 + Shipping

To order, please PM me.

Shipping:
Domestic/within USA: $22.00
International: Please PM me with your shipping address for a quote.

Payment: Please send full payment (including shipping) via PayPal (paypal.me/kyberess)
With your payment, please include:
- Your RPF name
- The name of what you're buying ("Rancor Kit" is fine)
- Which button(s) you'd like with your kit (one is included in kit - additional buttons are $20 each)
- Your mailing address

Kit contains:
- 1 Front Plate
- 1 Frame
- 1 Button (either weathered or unweathered option - see details below)

Rancor_Kit_SetPieces.jpg

Kit Details:
- All parts are cast solid in Polyurethane Resin and will come unpainted in the natural/ivory color.
- All Casts will be clean and should require little to no clean-up.
- Front Plate has holes correctly sized for the addition of screen-accurate indicator lights.
- Reference marks are included in casts for ease of kit assembly and will not be visible upon completion of the build. Front plate includes a center dot mark for drilling to install push button/electronics. Frame includes a fine score line to assist with centering front plate attachment. See images below for these details.
- Frame has open center space to accommodate electronics, batteries, etc.
- Cast master was built using the Tamiya Sd.kfz 222 Leichter Panzerspahwagen (4x4) model kit. The same one that was used to build the original screen-used prop.
- No hanger or wall attachment option is included but can be easily screwed into or adhered to the back of the frame.

Additional Info:
We throughly studied the limited reference photos and screencaps available from Return of the Jedi to ensure accuracy. While building we found that the fine asymmetrical details in the model parts were not matching up with the image seen in the film. This lead to our discovery that the Rancor gate control scene was a mirror image of the original screen-used prop. This is also the case with some of the vibro axe screen shots. This kit is based on the original prop and not the image seen in the film.

The texturing and modifications made to the kit’s weathered button option are based on those shown in the film but mirrored to be true to the original prop. However a non-weathered option of the button is also available if you’d like to modify the button yourself. If you’d like to purchase both options, you can add an additional button for $20.

20221008_191428_RETOUCH.jpg
20221008_010400_RETOUCH2.jpg
20221008_010659_RETOUCH.jpg
20221008_011935_RETOUCH.jpg
Buttons_Front w labels.jpg
Buttons_Sideview_RETOUCH.jpg

Light Kit Includes:
- (3x) Clear amber-tinted light lens casts
- (3x) Black light bezel casts with metal locknut
- (3x) Orange 5mm pre-wired LED lights
- (3x) Clip-in 5mm LED diode holders
- (1x) 9V Battery pack

The casts are all taken from original parts and are screen-accurate.

The light lens color is custom mixed to be a match to the original amber light color. We tested white, orange and yellow LEDS and found that the orange light (inside the amber lens) resulted in the most screen accurate combination.

The light assemblies are completely mechanical so everything can be assembled/disassembled quickly and painlessly without glue or adhesives.

Rancor_LightBezels_Unpainted_3UP.jpg
CastLightLenses.jpg
LEDS and holders.jpg
RancorLights_LED Clipped In.jpg

LED Color Research.jpg
RancorLights_BezelCastVSReal.jpg

Last edited:
Bump for this awesome kit!

Guys…Ryan kept me updated during the whole time about his progress and I have seen the efforts it took to bring you this kit

He rebuilt it THREE times, each time improving and accurizing it even more.

Get some lenses from the evilbay and make this a static wallhanger or fit electronics into it, but GET THIS :)!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back