Rehearsal Stunt Lightsaber - "The Core" sequel

Great theory Tom you're probably right! The million dollar question is we see the V2 and V3 as is now with the emitter and neck intact by that I mean attached to the sabre itself question is since they have rotating free moving emitters did they just come off with the blade Tang or were they rigged like that after production ? It doesn't make sense to pull a blade off with the emitter attached to it still I Would by the neck being hollow enough to put a Tang in there but it's obviously a 2p two-part piece but yes I believe that having just the blade go into the nipple in those sabers would just not work structurally. Considering how Mark Hamil is swing the crap out of the v3. Blades would have to go in further to stabilize.

Given the position of these large screws I think it not unreasonable that both the Barbican was recored (from motorised) at the same time & with the same type core as the pipe stunt. What you have made in this thread is simple & straight forward so again a good chance of being right. Blade attachment could be anything.

As I've posted on other threads, one of the ROTJ V type sabers does have a blade that extends well into the neck/grenade section.
(Composite of 2 frames from the 'woodchopping clip where the blade makes an exit - red arrow is a distinctive part of the blade that allows me to line them up - red line is app the emitter face; white line end of blade.)

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 7.06.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-29 at 7.06.24 PM.png

Overlay.gif

PoopaPapaPalps I find it funny that I doodled a diagram of the cast stunts with the same long drilled hole as the design you're doing for the V3/V2. Hadn't seen your post until a day or two ago, and was thinking about when it was converted for fencing. Also hadn't thought about all that meat still being inside until i doodled this!

Most evidence indicates that the V2 wasn't hollow, but just bored out enough for the motor assembly. The V3, I'm more unsure about, but considering what it lacks and doesn't lack, it makes me believe it was only hollowed out enough to get the center rod bore drilled and a cavity big enough to help keep it in place/pommel can insert into it.

Ive made an alteration to this saber! I still may make a second, making this an artists study per se.. but in the meantime..

Brandon said there was a tapped hole ariind where the red button would be. I wrote it off originally being such a small detail (and how much muscle went into making this, i was tired) but ive changed my mind.

I dont know why it was tapped, maybe for a modified red button or something , but i do know i cant take the blade off this thing because i cant get to both set screws on the blade. After seeing kurtyboy 's version and getting inspiration i felt this was a stupid thing to be hampered by... if only i could get access to the rear set screw...

So i killed two birds with one stone. I didnt tap the hole but i realized its location would be very close to the bottom of the emitter. I drilled a hole just wider than the allen key needed to loosen the blade collar.
20200210_190431.jpg
20200210_190216.jpg
20200210_190300.jpg

Now i can access both the collar set screw in front and in the back!

Last edited:
Ive made an alteration to this saber! I still may make a second, making this an artists study per se.. but in the meantime..

Brandon said there was a tapped hole ariind where the red button would be. I wrote it off originally being such a small detail (and how much muscle went into making this, i was tired) but ive changed my mind.

I dont know why it was tapped, maybe for a modified red button or something , but i do know i cant take the blade off this thing because i cant get to both set screws on the blade. After seeing kurtyboy 's version and getting inspiration i felt this was a stupid thing to be hampered by... if only i could get access to the rear set screw...

So i killed two birds with one stone. I didnt tap the hole but i realized its location would be very close to the bottom of the emitter. I drilled a hole just wider than the allen key needed to loosen the blade collar.View attachment 1256010View attachment 1256011View attachment 1256012

Now i can access both the collar set screw in front and in the back!

You guys are really going to make me make one now... damn this looks good!

Thank you!! Compliments mean a lot coming from you

You know, i have material too make two mew ones. My dad wants to do one together, you and i may be able to get a trade together

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back