Limited Run Short Round's Baseball Cap by Magnoli Clothiers

Yes, I got the sample cap and it should be helpful for pattern making. It also helps me to confirm my estimate that the original brim length should be 2.5". The sample had a 2" (period-accurate) brim and that's definitely shorter than Shorty's.
Great news, I look forward to the reveal

Yes, I got the sample cap and it should be helpful for pattern making. It also helps me to confirm my estimate that the original brim length should be 2.5". The sample had a 2" (period-accurate) brim and that's definitely shorter than Shorty's.
Sure looks like it’s shaping up to be a very accurate replica

Yes, you're correct with the brim dimensions, the number of stitches for the brim, and the number of panels for the cap. Will the 2.5" wide brim be a stiff visor, or will it be soft like the originals? I wish I could order, but I'm a big fella-- 24-1/2" inches measured, which equals a US size 7-7/8 or 63 cm. Good luck with the project, your logo is spot-on for the old 'McGraw'-era NY Giants baseball team!

Here a picture of the screenused costume from the Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology Exhibition in 2011

Attachments

• 0FF0FC54-2FBA-4823-885B-FCECE7D50C1E.jpeg
    0FF0FC54-2FBA-4823-885B-FCECE7D50C1E.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
To make these at a reasonable quantity, we may have to have the stripe printed onto, instead of woven into, the fabric. We'll work up a sample cap and see how the effect looks. Should look nearly perfect unless looking at it SUPER close-up (as in a couple inches away to see the weave).

I'd be interested in the woven stripe if that's possible.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back