Interest Star Lord Jacket and Pant Zippers - Screen Accurate

Darth Mule

Sr Member
Edit: As I get further into this process and details solidify, this info will change. Please recheck it periodically until this becomes an actual run.

Staar Lord Maan and I have teamed up on this. He has been through this process before, and has been extremely helpful in getting me the rest of the way there with order details. So know that any input he has in this thread comes from us both and he can answer questions just as well as I.

** I have actually gone ahead and ordered my zippers on his previous run, in order to preemptively cover myself in the event that this run didn't take off. Therefore, this new run is now solely for the purpose of getting this product to our fellow Star Lords here on the RPF.

We officially have enough interest here to constitute a run! I've got a line on some of the actual KCC zippers that they used for Star-Lord's Pants and jacket in the Guardians of the Galaxy film. The image below is a stock image, and the ones we're looking at will actually have the smooth pull like the film version (no logo).

We plan to get both the red jacket zippers as well as the black pant zippers. The catch is that I need to make a minimum order of 10 for each zipper. Currently aiming at a 62cm (24.4") with Brass teeth for the red and 25cm (9.84") with aged brass for the pants, of which you'll need two.

Initially we're looking at $36 per red zipper and $50 for the pair of black.

International Shipping & Handling of the initial order from KCC will be calculated after we solidify a number for the order. We'll then split it up among us. That being said, the individual split from SLM's previous order was $14.20 ea... I shudder to think of the total...

All should fit in a small flat rate box, so that will tag another $5.25 onto your total if you live within the US. Be a bit more for international of course.

Turnaround time on the zippers is 18-20 days. Shipping probably another couple weeks on top of that.

Post here in this thread if you're interested. Don't send a PM.

Update 11/13/14:
Hey all! Run is up and payments are being processed as I type this. Lewis has sent out emails with totals for everyone, so please respond and get those payments in ASAP. The sooner you get them in, the sooner we get the order processed.

If you have any conflicts, please email Lewis and keep him in the loop. You don't want to be the one holding up the order.

Here is the updated list of people reflecting who has and hasn't sent payment.

RPF MemberStatusDate
All The Man JrPaidSaturday, November 15, 2014 7:35 PM
BannerPaidFriday, November 14, 2014 4:50 PM
DstenglerPaidTuesday, November 11, 2014 12:29 PM
E-wanPaidTuesday, November 11, 2014 10:44 PM
JustanuthercapPaidWednesday, November 12, 2014 4:22 AM
katmurzPaidTuesday, November 11, 2014 5:39 PM
Kevin GossettPaidTuesday, November 11, 2014 9:55 AM
krell101PaidThursday, November 13, 2014 11:09 AM
montified89PaidTuesday, November 11, 2014 (no time stamp)
MorbidCharliePaidMonday, November 17
MrBarlowPaidTuesday, November 11, 2014 4:16 PM
Taff83PaidWednesday, November 12, 2014 2:14 AM
thebuilderPaid Friday, November 14, 2014 1:09 PM
TheRomanPaidSaturday, November 15, 2014 11:32 PM
UFSVTPaidWednesday, November 12, 2014 12:36 PM
Westies14PaidThursday, November 13, 2014 9:51 AM
ZlurpoPaidThursday, November 13, 2014 3:08 PM

zipper.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in 1 red and 2 10" black, if that's how things go. A 20" black if you go that route.

I'm about to pull the trigger on on a KCC (Knowhere Craft Corps) order I've been working on for a few weeks, here, (via PMs, here, because I can't post in the interest thread yet), but I thought I'd point out something crucial; Don't you mean Centimeters rather than Inches? I've got the Pant zippers in distressed teeth too - Darth Mule - ping me for a stock number, I think I can help your logistics out a bit, here :D
CLOSE-END 50cm.jpgClosed end no slider decoration only for Pants.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about to pull the trigger on on a KCC (Knowhere Craft Corps) order I've been working on for a few weeks, here, (via PMs, here, because I can't post in the interest thread yet), but I thought I'd point out something crucial; Don't you mean Centimeters rather than Inches? I've got the Pant zippers in distressed teeth too - @Darth Mule - ping me for a stock number, I think I can help your logistics out a bit, here :D
View attachment 396036View attachment 396037

PM incoming. And no. I mean inches. 10cm would be too short. 10" is technically too long. But can be shortened by hand.

No. Once the number of items is calculated, they'll give us a shipping quote. Then I'll divide it among us.

Note the edits in the first post. I've narrowed it to the pair of short, closed end black zips.

Also. Looks like we have enough to do a run. Going to keep this open just a bit longer so more people get a shot. Probably close it up Monday and send in the final tally.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back