Interest Star Lord Jacket and Pant Zippers - Screen Accurate

Not sure what the X's mean in the order thread - it looks like I'm on board for the red and black. I came here to add the red to my order, in any case! If you don't have me down for both, could you add it? Thanks!

D

Thread Updated!

Not sure what the X's mean in the order thread - it looks like I'm on board for the red and black. I came here to add the red to my order, in any case! If you don't have me down for both, could you add it? Thanks!

D

I actually misread your first post.... I mean I saw with divine clarity that you would return to add a red... :lol

I'd like to get 2 short black for the pants please.

Are you just confirming your first post? Or are you doubling your order? I noticed I left you off the list earlier... My apologies.

Thread Updated!

I actually misread your first post.... I mean I saw with divine clarity that you would return to add a red... :lol

Are you just confirming your first post? Or are you doubling your order? I noticed I left you off the list earlier... My apologies.

actually, I've sourced the zipper elsewhere. You can just remove me from the interest list. Thanks anyway.

Greetings, all...Lewis, here....I thought I'd hand you a few images of what you're eventually going to be getting in your mitts... :D

Enjoy, and don't forget to ping me via the email address mentioned at the top of this thread, (no PMs, please), with your particulars so I can get you properly plugged-in to the spreadsheet I'm working with.

Now then...Pictures...

When the move came out there was a rush to find this particular jacket zipper. In my studies, I discovered that Alexandra Byrne found them at a textile faire in Paris. Soooo much fun to track this down based on that one shred of info, LOL!
Zipper.JPG

That image might have a more bright red tape than the one I'm ordering which appears to match a weathered Star Lord jacket in the first place...
red color comparing with picture.JPG
In addition, the 62cm length is long enough to fit the jacket sold HERE.

If you intend to shorten your zipper at all, teeth can be removed.
Here's a little help on that, but @Darth Mule may have a better solution than me, both on tooth removal and on zipper stop removal and replacement.
IMG_2566.JPG

As for the behind-the-pant zippers, see aforementioned statement about removing teeth, but in the event of that, just be sure to whip stitch it closed on both ends.
Closed end no slider decoration only for Pants.jpg

The company I'm working with offers a distressed toothed zipper which will work great and it looks like this;
Re-antique zipper open-end.JPG
...and as it's being ordered with two stoppers, it'll be easier to sew with.
CLOSE-END 25cm.jpg
Just be sure to place some fabric on the backs of these because if you don't, the backs they may have a potential, (as you walk, run, sit and stand), to chafe. As a kind heads up, here's an image of the back side of the teeth, (with a guitar pick for size comparison);
Back Side Size and Shape B-n-W.JPG

Any-hoo....I look forward to hearing from ya!

Ta! :D

Hello Morbidparmthemanbuilder, (see your quotes below)

Please get in touch with your Name, Email, Shipping address and most importantly, your RPF name so I can add you to the spreadsheet. Once I get this, I'll be able to get a quote for international shipping so we can all split that cost.

Also, below my signature, you'll see an image sent over by my contact at KCC. I think it's a very helpful sewing guide for anyone using this zipper.

Enjoy and thanks!

Staar Lord Maan

Points to sew Re-Antique zipper.jpg

I'm interested in the pants zippers for sure.

I'm interested in two 10" black zippers.

I'm interested in 1 red.

I am definitely interested in both the red jacket zip as well as the two black trouser zips.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back