Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

y'know Zombie - that is the best thing to call it - a popcorn early bird ticket priced movie. i noticed no toys were released this time --- hmmmm

Saw the movie this evening and I have to say it was much better than I expected. I had fun and I enjoyed it, but mostly for the characterizations, not the story, which as most have stated, was repetitive and unenlightening.

Still love the casting for this new crew and Cumberbatch was terrific, but even after only a few hours out, I'm not left with feeling much of anything about the story. It's like someone else has said, it left you feeling like you've seen this all before. From Trek, I expect more than just hyper-action, loud explosions and glitzy special effects; I expect to have some thought-provoking new ideas that leave me contemplating the human condition, and in that respect, Abrams falls short.

Still have hight hopes for the next movie though. And I'll definately watch it again.

Just saw the movie tonight. Late show that started at 9:30pm, non-3D. Kept looking over at the wifey and she was falling asleep and waking up to all the explosions. Far to many explosions in this movie as compared to ST1. The storyline was MEH!! Not a very original storyline as compared to another movie!! Cumberbatch was excellent! He is an excellent actor in this movie but could have been utilized much better than he was and the portrayal of his character. Is it just me or was there far less lens flare in this movie?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the only good redeeming quality in this movie was that there was NO time travel!!

Looks like most of America could care less about this one.

70.6 Million?! :lol :lol

Needless to say the suits are disapointed as well they should be.

maybe they will bring in some REAL writers for the next one

MOST of America likes it? - this weekend. And remember Full House was top in the ratings for a chunk on time as well. This film lacks any originality, focus or built in motivation - they did everything just to get us to scenes we've seen before in a better movie.

Your using box office take as an argument against this film?

I thought such infantile reasoning for or against a films quality was best left to imdb, but apparently I was wrong.

Box office is all that matters really. you'd better believe if JJ wasn't already at box city they'd be driving him there in the diamond lane. And the folks at Disney are probably doing a few double takes as well - wondering if Power Ball would be a better gamble. I knew this movie was terrible - but man this is fail in spectacular fashion.

what was it I was asked earlier - oh yeah -/- How do you like your crow?

Box office is all that matters really. you'd better believe if JJ wasn't already at box city they'd be driving him there in the diamond lane. And the folks at Disney are probably doing a few double takes as well - wondering if Power Ball would be a better gamble. I knew this movie was terrible - but man this is fail in spectacular fashion.

what was it I was asked earlier - oh yeah -/- How do you like your crow?

There are other countries besides the US of A..... and I think you'll find it has been rather successful.
Please don't take this the wrong way, I am genuinely interested; What scripts/movies/tv have you worked on?

Looks like most of America could care less about this one.

70.6 Million?! :lol :lol

Needless to say the suits are disapointed as well they should be.

maybe they will bring in some REAL writers for the next one
Let's consider the appalling box office Dredd did, yet there is huge respect, and fawning over the movie......box office doesn't equal quality.....

Rich

Dredd does not carry a name recognized by millions - it hit a niche market because of lack of brad recognition. Star Trek has some people in the theater before they even know what it's about.

There are other countries besides the US of A..... and I think you'll find it has been rather successful.
Please don't take this the wrong way, I am genuinely interested; What scripts/movies/tv have you worked on?

US is what is viewed by the studio especially when it comes to a franchise this huge. And as for what I've worked on -- too much, but it has nothing to do with what we're talking about here. See there are some who consider my resume bragging - So if you are interested the guild offers a pretty accurate list. They have 26 when its more like 33 but, close enough.

Hey wouldn't it be really weird if JJ made the next Star Wars similar to the original Star Trek shows and this whole thing has just been an attempt to mess with people's minds?

Ummmm....you do realize this is business right? :facepalm

If that film made say 20 million the first week I GUARENTEE you Tuesday mornings headlines would be Paramount fires JJ and Disney has terminated him as well

Your using box office take as an argument against this film?

I thought such infantile reasoning for or against a films quality was best left to imdb, but apparently I was wrong.

Never said it did, but it does decide what gets made and those numbers are not good.

Funny thing is most of the young people I know were not really interested to go see this and it looks like the box office reflects that.

......box office doesn't equal quality.....

Rich

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back