Star Trek Picard Season Three

I’m calling it here….Worf is Raffi’s “handler”.

Go back and watch the scene where she is communicating with her handler, via text on a screen….for a split second, whenever you see the “handler” respond her, the text is in Klingon and quickly converts to English.

The “handler” also uses “Worf terms” such as “You are a Warrior”…
I think you nailed it.

I gave up on Picard after 2 or 3 episodes of season 2. Seeing what all of you are saying about the first episode of season 3 I might just take a chance on it. But, if it turns out to be more garbage I'm going to come back and yell at a few of you. ;)

I think you nailed it.

Yeah, you see the same thing happening during the end credit images with Klingon writing being translated into English regarding some sort of device schematic.

67B4A428-A0B1-499C-94B4-FFCCF8DEB37D.jpeg

Last edited:
Liked ep 1 for all the reasons others have stated. The one question I have at the moment (will have more) is: why does robo-Picard still need glasses? In fact, other than having him wake up in a new body at the end of season one, has the new body ever been referenced since? What was the purpose? The body isn’t 90+ years old, but they make it near sighted and subject to bursts of hand shaking adrenalin.

Liked ep 1 for all the reasons others have stated. The one question I have at the moment (will have more) is: why does robo-Picard still need glasses? In fact, other than having him wake up in a new body at the end of season one, has the new body ever been referenced since? What was the purpose? The body isn’t 90+ years old, but they make it near sighted and subject to bursts of hand shaking adrenalin.
I believe they stated the the synth body is basically set up to be a clone of his existing body in that it will decay as if he were in his previous body. No additional abilities were given to him.

Why did they write the stupid Picard-droid in the first place?

Anyone else catch the quick look at the list of ships in the fleet museum during the end credits? Voyager, Excelsior, and the Enterprise-A. If I’m not mistaken the first canon confirmation the A still survives?

I laughed out loud when Rich said he forgot Elnore existed, because I totally forgot about him when watching Episode 1 of Season 3.

TNG really got weighed down with the old TOS scripts at the beginning.

He didn't name the planet, it was named after him when he was working on Enterprise.
Same with DS9, a lot of the early stories could have been TNG scripts (I suspect some of them were).

Complaints about the pump action phasers - yeah, it seems weird and unnecessary. But their future weapons don't really make sense anyway. I always wondered how any weapon in the 24th or 25th century isn't largely computer controlled. Does it make sense that their technology wouldn't be able to have automatic targeting systems on all armaments? Or why don't they have benign weapons that just transport your enemy away when you shoot them instead of killing them - I'm pretty sure they had this tech in TNG.
Just try to accept that future weapons are just reflections of current weapons.

I was surprised that I enjoyed the 1st episode for the most part - Picard and Riker's interactions were the highlight for me. If they concentrate on the TNG characters interacting in a believable way going forward, the show might be decent.
Like others, I could do without the Raffi "B" story. I'm guessing it will have greater importance down the line, but it felt unnecessary abd disjointed.

One other negative: the CG seemed pretty bad, most noticeably for the starship/space scenes. There was a lack of detail in the models, and the "camera" tracking was kind of basic. I also don't really like the idea of a "retro-constitution class" starship. Obviously the came up with it so they could try to make this ship more like Star Trek Original Motion Picture - but it felt un-organic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back