Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Recontextualized, retconned, however you define it, all it boils to is that continuity doesn't matter. Just because it happens doesn't mean it's good for the story. People get attached to ideas only to have them changed ad nauseum and it's hard for some to get invested when that happens. It's okay for stories to end.
But it's okay when the OT does it? But not when the Prequels, Sequels, or other shows fo it?

Though, yes I agree, I do like some finality to my stories.

NO RETCON EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Golly Gee.

Watch what came before if you did not do it, re-watch if you did it ,and forgot, and don't change stuff for heaven's sake!

Seems an easy concept for anyone. Even those who struggle with,..ya know,...IQ level.

Sorry for my potty mouth.

im going to spoiler tag for another 24 hours

so you got the impression obi wan cut himself off from the force too?

I also got the feeling that he hasn't used the force in forever when he goes to catch little leia..
You could say I did get that impression although I was talking about something different.As far as “the little one” I don’t think he wanted to use the force but had to.

My friends…I don’t think the spoiler tags are necessary.

Anyone who comes poking around in this thread—today, of all days—and then whines that they have been “spoiled” is either a fool or someone who came here looking for spoilers and is not being wholly honest.

Anyone who REALLY is trying to avoid spoilers would not be opening this thread today.

Besides, it’s a pain to have to “flip open” all the “spoiler tags”. I speak on behalf of all other lazy members on this topic who cannot stand the agony of over-using their thumbs to flip open these tags.

Last edited:
im going to spoiler tag for another 24 hours

so you got the impression obi wan cut himself off from the force too?

I also got the feeling that he hasn't used the force in forever when he goes to catch little leia..
BTW, did you get a screen cap of that Jedi's lightsaber they ended up hanging? I couldn't see it.

You do realize that when you tear down the foundation, the whole house comes with it? If the structure was that rotted there wouldn't a house still standing 45 years later. No one needs to validate the credibility of the originals. Time has proven them. Even still, continuity matters.

Last edited:
My friends…I don’t think the spoiler tags are necessary.

Anyone who comes poking around in this thread—today, of all days—and then whines that they have been “spoiled” is either a fool or someone who came here looking for spoilers and is not being wholly honest.

Anyone who REALLY is trying to avoid spoilers would not be opening this thread today.

It’s a pain to have to “flip open” all the “spoiler tags”. I speak on behalf of all other lazy members on this topic who cannot stand the agony of over-using their thumbs to flip open these tags.
i really ruined it for someone in mando season2... i felt so bad, i dont ever want to do that again

In this series it would have been an opportunity for young Leia to say to ObiWan that she wasn’t a true Organa
He could say he knew that & he could bring up again the strong willed person he had told her about, & say that he knew her real mother

She could say that she wished that she had memories of her

Obiwan could then put his hand on her temples ( like he did on Luke on Tatooine after the Tuskin attack) and gave Leia a sense of what her mother was like

Fixing the Return of the Jedi conversion between Luke & Leia where Leia remembers he real mother

Hmmmm???

J

In this series it would have been an opportunity for young Leia to say to ObiWan that she wasn’t a true Organa
He could say he knew that & he could bring up again the strong willed person he had told her about, & say that he knew her real mother

She could say that she wished that she had memories of her

Obiwan could then put his hand on her temples ( like he did on Luke on Tatooine after the Tuskin attack) and gave Leia a sense of what her mother was like

Fixing the Return of the Jedi conversion between Luke & Leia where Leia remembers he real mother

Hmmmm???

J
Very clever

Was it just me who thought the goons chasing little Leia through the woods was eerily reminiscent of the vespa speeder chase in TBOB? I mean i could have crawled fast enough to catch her, she was in slo-mo. For crying outloud, a world class sprinter can have a hundred yard head start while Jason Vorhees seemingly walks fast enough to catch them. lol

Was it just me who thought the goons chasing little Leia through the woods was eerily reminiscent of the vespa speeder chase in TBOB? I mean i could have crawled fast enough to catch her, she was in slo-mo. For crying outloud, a world class sprinter can have a hundred yard head start while Jason Vorhees seemingly walks fast enough to catch them. lol
Don’t say such evil things… the Vespa gang is a name which we do not speak!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back