Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

1655342013114.png

This thread is hilarious....

Another pretty fun episode. Could have used a little de-aging on the flashbacks, but all in all another good episode.
Agreed, but then I wonder WHY didn't they just put a longer wig and EP3 robes on Hayden so the viewers would think that this training and dialog was maybe a few weeks/months (?) before RotS?

...oh and, can they make Bail Organa any more of a dipstick? This maybe one of the best examples of bad writing if I ever saw it.

1st thing: " Sorry Obi-Wan I know that Luke and Leia are ..ahem...pretty important and I agreed to be her father and watch over her but I, sort of lost her and now I want to make things worse by coming all the way to Tatoinne to expose you and pull you away from Luke because ...I'M AN IDIOT!!!
And now I've made you the bigger fool by your own words. " who is a bigger fool, the fool or the fool that follows him?"

2nd: " oh, Obi-Wan, I'm scared...you haven't called or texted in like, a few days...and I know by sending this transmission I'm risking yours and Anakins twin kids, Leia and Luke...oops, sorry for that...and that Luke is on Tatooine, damn!! I keep giving vital information knowing big brother is watching...oh, btw...make sure you don't give this transmitter to some random guy you haven't known for very long, nor your lightsaber because he might realize he drops it and doesn't go back to pick it up. Oh, please Obi-Wan, I hope the " both" of you are safe...when and if you " both" return make sure to bring back "both" the brains we left back in the other series."

Seriously!!! The sloppiest writing and man, talk about making two loved characters look completely stupid...but thankfully we have competent females with backbones that will be the heroes in this series...Little Leia, the Imperial woman(can't remember her name) and Reva ( surviving two times by Lightsaber stabs) who will obviously play a role in " saving Luke" from detection since Obi-Wan and Bail Organa ( the two originally responsible parties) are portrayed as utter failures have failed to do.

Last edited:
Just finished the episode. I felt this was the best so far. It's nice to have Hayden back in the flesh. Even nicer to see him getting some love from the Star Wars community as a whole. I like how they kept Obi-Wan's moves very similar to how he fights in AOTC, for the flashbacks. And Vader was going The Force Unleashed was sick! Reva's story is okay. It's simple enough. She wants revenge. And she needs to get close to Vader. It's not bad. Just nothing to write home about.

Sad thing is that even if Disney sold Star Wars(never going to) it will always be handled by the Hollywierd elites who always have an agenda instead of just telling a story and they will always find actors and actresses that agree with their narrative and force out any with an opposing viewpoint(Non-PC) just like they did with Gina Carano.
If we could get those anti-trust laws mobilized..... There's no way Disney should be able own as much of the entertainment industry as they do.

Just finished the episode. I felt this was the best so far. It's nice to have Hayden back in the flesh. Even nicer to see him getting some love from the Star Wars community as a whole. I like how they kept Obi-Wan's moves very similar to how he fights in AOTC, for the flashbacks. And Vader was going The Force Unleashed was sick! Reva's story is okay. It's simple enough. She wants revenge. And she needs to get close to Vader. It's not bad. Just nothing to write home about.
So...on a positive note, I really think they were on to something with the flashbacks...I could have bought the fact that Hayden came back to do scenes like this to sort of provide some heartfelt motivation for Obi-Wan to STAY TRAINED ON TATOOINE AND MAKE SURE LUKE WAS SAFE AND SOMEDAY TRAINED PROPERLY.
I actually thought Hayden and Ewan recaptured the magic of their characters in that scene.

Just for the record...I would never blame the actual actors or actresses for how they are written...just how they act.

In this particular episode I thought it was Reva's best performance...
Obi's worst ( non flashback) he just felt way off for some reason.
And in no way to me comes close to Alec Guinness Obi-Wan...I just don't feel it, which is why I've objected so adamantly to this series in the first place. I'm happy for you PT fans though...it must feel to you like it would have felt to us OT fans getting an episode 7 a few years after 1983 with a younger Mark Hamill even though nothing will top ROTJ for me personally.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back