Star Wars The Acolyte (tv series)

That's thing. I think everyone is going to insert their political and/or religious worldviews in what they do. Whether that is subconsciously (like Tolkien's works) or consciously (like Lewis and Narnia). It just happens when someone is very conscious and overt about it tends to rub us the wrong way. It comes across as preachy.
I get what you mean but thats assuming everyone's life centers around politics/religion/social issues. I agree that overt and direct often comes across as preachy.

1687451919858.png

Disney cancels The Acolyte and fires director Leslye Headland who called GL a misogynist!
Began the Woke Wars have...Initiate Order 69!:devil::lol:
Disney's CFO and diversity officer are fired within days of each other!
1687452410213.png

Last edited:
What's the source for that? The show is currently in post production and wrapped weeks ago

the CFO left and the diversity officer quit to go to another company so not to sure about the "woke wars"

View attachment 1712562
You could just as easily substitute the word "toxic" in its place. Honestly both words are tired and weaponized to the point of absurdity.

I'm not familiar with Batgirl nope.
Batgirl was a casualty of new corporate strategy from Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav, who opted to shelve the project in order to take a tax write-down on the $90 million film, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The film had been greenlit for around $80 million under former WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar, who also teed up multiple DC projects for HBO Max that would be budgeted more modestly than a theatrical DC offering. Its budget jumped to $90 million due to COVID-19 protocols.

Batgirl was a casualty of new corporate strategy from Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav, who opted to shelve the project in order to take a tax write-down on the $90 million film, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The film had been greenlit for around $80 million under former WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar, who also teed up multiple DC projects for HBO Max that would be budgeted more modestly than a theatrical DC offering. Its budget jumped to $90 million due to COVID-

I had no idea...but was it a "casualty of corporate strategy"? or was it just a mess of product that wasn't fit to release? - no need to answer really cos A: it derails this thread B: we could never really know and C: I don't really care two hoots about Batgirl :D

I remember when Lucas still owned the company and posted photos like these to raise the ire of his audience for disliking the Prequels. Oh how special were the days when he labeled them racists, homophobes and actively trolled them. Oh wait... he never did this crap but Disney does it on the reg and they've got the media in their pocket to pile on. For a company that prides itself on inclusiveness, they sure know how to make long time fans feel unwelcome.

If people honestly can't see the difference in leadership between Lucas vs Disney, here's photographic proof. They do not care about you and certainly don't respect you. I feel no remorse whatsoever in calling them out and I don't feel bad that their brand is suffering for their terrible decisions.
Also if the people @ Disney really wanted to bring women to the forefront, they could have brought up Marcia Lucas' fantastic contributions to the original trilogy.

Always surprises me that people continue to believe every “rumor” that the plastic-helmet-wearing YouTube guy comes up with for clicks.
all About the clicks..

Completely agree with ya buddy, they say what ever they want just for the clicks

People fail to remember clicks = paycheck, they say what ever they want just for you to watch

And now I find on YouTube once one YouTuber makers a video, by the afternoon they all have the same video out

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back