Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
So the last thread we will ever see from this laughing stock of a trilogy finally evaporates from the front page and this one suddenly floats up again like a log that wont flush.......

J1.jpg

And when trying to incriminate George Lucas in this crime against cinema, always remember.......

J2.jpg

Nope it's not the point. The whole discussion went downhill when the studio and Mr Johnson decided to call everybody racist, sexist and so on for simply not liking their movie. Or at that point where the people who liked this movie started to do so too without any reason. Every critical word about this movie was used and turned to denounce people. Even the actors didn't like the movie.

Nobody gets to talk about liking this movie ever because HURT FEELINGS from three years ago.
Gotcha.
Where's my eyerolling emoji?

So, I recently upgraded my living room TV and wanted to get a feel for how HDR does or doesn't change the viewing experience.

I'd heard good things about the 4k transfers of the Star Wars films on Disney plus but I wanted to use a recent film to see what the HDR fuss was about so I launched TLJ via the app.

I was not expecting the degree to which the film grain was pronounced! I've since played with the TV's settings and it's less distracting with some of its image processing stuff turned off, but it was wild how it stood out in this movie.

So, I recently upgraded my living room TV and wanted to get a feel for how HDR does or doesn't change the viewing experience.

I'd heard good things about the 4k transfers of the Star Wars films on Disney plus but I wanted to use a recent film to see what the HDR fuss was about so I launched TLJ via the app.

I was not expecting the degree to which the film grain was pronounced! I've since played with the TV's settings and it's less distracting with some of its image processing stuff turned off, but it was wild how it stood out in this movie.

The 2160p version The Reliance MediaWorks did with the OT is a lot better than the atrocious 2011 blu-rays. But it's not that good no. And HDR is all faked, sorry, the tone mapping.
Calling it HDR is BS and very wrong. Just like DVDs, regular blu-ray and so on, the maximum white is still limited to 255 on the RGB scale.
Just more marketing bs like calling non-4K8K TVs "4K/8K".

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back