Studio Half Scale TOS Enterprise Scratch build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there goes another dream! :(
Hardly, Steve got what he wanted, and a few other guys got them as well.
These things have a way of coming back.

After all how many other 66" E kits came and went. When he started it I was scratching my head, others have already did this subject? Steve has proven it doesn't matter if someone else has made the same subject. From what I've seen (and experienced) I think he did a better job of it than others.

I would love to see the other interpretations of your BIG E kits also.

I learned more about model building from watching all your videos than I could have imagined (yes, I’ve seen them all) and have been following your builds ever since, you do amazing work.

I’ve also enjoyed watching all of kahn1701's videos and his interesting choices on his version of your kit.

Thanks to you both for sharing and a double thanks to you Steve for creating a fantastic version of such an epic model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody does it better, it would compel me to feel sad for the rest. Nobody does it .5% as good as Steve.
Logically speaking, he's the best.

aahhh, Carly simon.....what a HOTTIE in her day :love and a great song

Ive only recently done a video, it was on how to fix a hengstler counter from reseting(stormtrooper blaster part). i will do my best at a wip and videos as i can, oneye has agreed to help video record it.
I'll have a uboxing up by the end of next week.

I'm very excited to be lucky enough to be getting this kit, and am VERY happy to have gotten the last one, i could have very easily lost out.

Last edited:
im very excited to be lucky enough to be getting this kit, and am VERY happy to have gotten the last one, i could have very easily lost out.
Suggestion: When you finish, send an 8X10 of it to Steve so he can sign it for you.
So often I look at a kit I've made & wish I could profusely thank the artist(s) responsible for my little slice of fan fulfillment! :thumbsup
They put credits in movies, but not on models....:angry

Suggestion: When you finish, send an 8X10 of it to Steve so he can sign it for you.
So often I look at a kit I've made & wish I could profusely thank the artist(s) responsible for my little slice of fan fulfillment! :thumbsup
They put credits in movies, but not on models....:angry

waaaaaay ahead of you on that :) Steve is a great guy, and had agreed to sign a plaque for me :)

Hardly, Steve got what he wanted, and a few other guys got them as well.
These things have a way of coming back.

After all how many other 66" E kits came and went. When he started it I was scratching my head, others have already did this subject? Steve has proven it doesn't matter if someone else has made the same subject. From what I've seen (and experienced) I think he did a better job of it than others.

Thanks Max.

And thanks to the rest of you guys you are most kind.

I don''t think I'll make anymore kits. Just too hard and too much work. Anyone that does this knows how true that is. Especially larger glass lay up types. It's quite brutal.

So I'm sticking to commission builds and that includes one or two off scratch builds.

No molds. No more long waits for masters, molds and then product to make. Just scratch, light and sell. The "or two" means I might make one for myself and do them side by side. What ever they are or will be.

You can do amazing things with Styrene and a lathe.

good things still to come,;)

Steve

ive done glass work, i'll never do that again. only small stuff. and i dont like working with fiberglass any way......makes me to dang itchy :lol

good things to come......i cant wait !!!

aahhh, carly simon.....what a HOTTIE in her day :love and a great song

ive only recently done a video, it was on hwot to fix a hengstler counter from reseting(stormtrooper blaster part). i will do my best at a wip and videos as i can, oneye has agread to help video recod it.
i'll have a uboxing up by the end of next week.

im very excited to be lucky enough to be getting this kit, and am VERY happy to have gotten the last one, i could have very easily lost out.

Congratz :thumbsup and please do keep us in the loop on your build. I love watching these big beautiful lady's come together. Seeing the last of the BIG E kits built will be a bittersweet journey.

Well it had to happen eventually. The molds are starting to break down slowly. They will still make parts I can clean up for customer builds but kits will have a lot of things to fix. I can't sell them any cheaper than I already am because they have warps and bubbles and I don't sell that many to warrant taking the time and money to make new molds. So Trooper got the last kit.

So if you want one still it will have to be built. No more kits. thanks to all of you that bought them!

Steve

I thought this day would come, unfortunately, and that is why I bought one when I did, even though I'm not ready to build it as yet.

I always wanted a larger kit, but I never expected to get one This size. I would have settled for a 3 footer, of which some are now and soon to be available.

I do hate to see this come to an end. I assume the masters are still good. I've thought for awhile that maybe you could either contract out the continuing of the kit or even sell the masters so someone else can keep it going.

I really appreciate, and have downloaded, all the videos, and the previous pictures, since it covers such a great deal. This will certainly help in doing other models. I'm doing the Jupiter 2 at the moment and because of the videos I may try to create some clear parts for more authentic lighting. Steve's expertise has probably been an asset to many more than can ever be realized.

the last Epart1 - YouTube

the last E part two - YouTube

the last E Part 3 - YouTube

Well it's the end of the road . The molds are on the way out and it's time to save them in case of a customer build of my own model.

Got 12 out and some extra parts along the way. So it was a good run. Plus if you watch all three parts you'll know exactly why they cost so much. It's exhausting work to say the least. No more big kits for me made of fiber glass!

Steve

well let me be the first to say the price of the kits considering all the work you did is a bargain!! i fully expected to do all the trimming, flat sanding and such my self.
in the video the kit looks great, i cant wait to get it :) it will be Christmas in April for me :)

i cant thank you enough Steve.

Thanks for these last videos. sad to see, I hoped to get a kit someday.

I'll just have to make the most of the Round 2.

And thank you Steve, for all the tips and techniques you shared in the vids, I learned a lot :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back