Studio Half Scale TOS Enterprise Scratch build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that you're making a, as YOU said, "Half Scale" Enterprise, based on, what I'm again assuming, they used a 6' long Model for the filming of the Enterprise???

Cuz you're making a 3' model, so as the asumption goes, you're basing your model on a 6' one, correct?

Because in order to make a TRUE Half-Scale Enterprise, it would NEVER fit on a work bench.

It's 66 inches long and finished and has been for months now. the full scale was 11.5 feet. Greg Gein made a 66 inch for DS9 which technically makes it studio scale.

Steve

It's 66 inches long and finished and has been for months now. the full scale was 11.5 feet. Greg Gein made a 66 inch for DS9 which technically makes it studio scale.

Steve
Quite correct Steve, it was the reason Custom Replicas made theirs at 66".
That would be the only logical reason to make one that big. They didn't just pull the number out of the air, if your going to do that, a much smaller model would have made much more sense.

Steve maybe you need a notarized letter signed by Gein and some of the crew that worked on that show. :lol

Moving this to the Studio Scale forum now that information has come to light regarding Greg Gein having built a 66 inch long Enterprise for Deep Space 9.

Man, this last vid can never be seen too many times! It's like looking at Michelangelo's David over & over ('cept, Mikey could never have done THIS!!!).:lol
And OMG- I just saw all our names in the credits!!:cheers
*Wayne's World chant*
We're not worthy, we're not worthy....:lol

This is awesome work, one of the greatest model builds ever no matter what forum it's in :thumbsup

trooper told me about this thread and it's true! EPIC! Amazing! The details, skills, knowledge, and dedication to building this Enterprise are astonishing, almost unbelievable, but just look at the video, it's real, it works! Stunning!

trooper told me about this thread and it's true! EPIC! Amazing! The details, skills, knowledge, and dedication to building this Enterprise are astonishing, almost unbelievable, but just look at the video, it's real, it works! Stunning!

Thanks soooooo much! ;)

steve

Well it had to happen eventually. The molds are starting to break down slowly. They will still make parts I can clean up for customer builds but kits will have a lot of things to fix. I can't sell them any cheaper than I already am because they have warps and bubbles and I don't sell that many to warrant taking the time and money to make new molds. So Trooper got the last kit.

So if you want one still it will have to be built. No more kits. thanks to all of you that bought them!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back