TESB YODA (Completed)

Whats the make of fabric used for his robe. I read Raw India Silk ages ago, but I've yet to find a match yet.. Cyb's dressings look dead on, both robe and tunic. Who sells it?

I'm a big Yoda fan myself. I have a much smaller scaled ESB Yoda sculpt going at the moment. With ages plunked into it.

One thing I've noticed about the ESB Yoda puppets eyes- is that there appears to be an optically clear vacuformed styrene shell that rest over the animatronic acrylic eyes.

I believe this was done to prevent frictional wear and tear from the animatronic eye moments against the latex lids. This also means that basically the eyes orbital form/shape is always the same shape even when the eyes move around underneath this clear protective casing.

I've yet to see anyone else detect or talk about this. I watched chapter 31's Yoda's "Feel the Force" speech for several hours in HD resolution from a ripped VOB too come too this conclusion- as I was having eye issues with my sculpt.

I'm nearly 99.9 percent sure about this now.

Sounds like you've got your teeth into your Yoda project itsalive :)

Myself, I'm tinkering with a new head I've just made.. its got wires inside the ears and restructured inner eyesockets that make the brows and eyelids look slightly different. its amazing what you can do my adding this and taking away that.. just that same latex head but worked on differently.

Cyb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(itsalive @ Feb 27 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]1427980[/snapback]</div>
I'm a big Yoda fan myself. I have a much smaller scaled ESB Yoda sculpt going at the moment. With ages plunked into it.

One thing I've noticed about the ESB Yoda puppets eyes- is that there appears to be an optically clear vacuformed styrene shell that rest over the animatronic acrylic eyes.

I believe this was done to prevent frictional wear and tear from the animatronic eye moments against the latex lids. This also means that basically the eyes orbital form/shape is always the same shape even when the eyes move around underneath this clear protective casing.

I've yet to see anyone else detect or talk about this. I watched chapter 31's Yoda's "Feel the Force" speech for several hours in HD resolution from a ripped VOB too come too this conclusion- as I was having eye issues with my sculpt.

I'm nearly 99.9 percent sure about this now.
[/b]

looking great guys. especially Cyb and the new look head looks good with the ears posed. im thinking of tryin to get some rods in mine that just move them a little as hes articulated.

ive started painting mine (by hand) but ive ordered an air brush. went in looked at the ones they had and went for the dearer one as they said you can alter the spray types better. i have never used one before but im sure it will make these projects more interesting. anyway heres a pic i took with web cam as itll probably show better than my digi cam :/ just the base colours the now i hope to do more detail with this gun.

slightly different colours than you guys i think.. any thoughts
Picture11.jpg

I've just read all messages in this thread and woauhh, it's perfect with a lot of details, an awesome job
certainly one the best yoda ever seen :love :love :love
congratulations cyberman :thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back