TESB YODA (Completed)

That angle of the screen puppet is somewhat different to the angle of my puppet... The screen puppet is looking fractionally more at the camera and more up. Its not really fair to compare it using that picture of my puppet that you're refering to... other angles of my sculpt do show it to have fuller cheeks than in that particular view.

As you can see the cheeks look chubbier here but hes not looking up so much but probably looking at the camera to about the same degree as the screen puppet.

Cheers

Cyb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miniaturizer Ray @ Feb 25 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]1426243[/snapback]</div>
No worries. It's probably my mistake. This is probably the poster that Patattack mentioned; as you can see, in this particular image, which is pretty similar to the angle of your photo, Yoda's cheeks look a bit chubbier:

007_yoda.jpg

As I said, I probably overdid it a bit.
[/b]

Cyberman,

I pm'ed you on Friday regarding the Cantor-Nissell eyes. A reply would be appreciated...

Thanks,
James

Cyberman's sculpt is simply excellent.
In my opinion, it is meanless to compare pics and poses considering that both puppets are flexible and in the screen grabs the puppet was in motion.
Only my opinion.
Regards.

Southreplicas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jme3 @ Feb 25 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1426310[/snapback]</div>
Cyberman,

I pm'ed you on Friday regarding the Cantor-Nissell eyes. A reply would be appreciated...

Thanks,
James
[/b]

I can't reply properly to any of the PMs until I've got all the details together from C+N. I'll know by Tuesday.

Cyb.

Here's a pic of my yoda in progress.
Fabric is just wrapped, not sewn yet.
Still a long way to go on everything.
This sculpt is absolutely fantastic. It's going to be so fun seeing this all come together.
6838192.jpeg

That's the best Yoda sculpt I've ever seen. When I first opened this up I thought it was a photo of the puppet on display at the SW: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit. Gorgeous work.

Gino, you have the eyes positioned absolutely perfectly in that shot - great shot. :thumbsup

All these pics are really inspiring me to get working on mine, problem is I tend to work on things quite slowly so it may take me a while.

Jeremy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GINO @ Feb 25 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1426620[/snapback]</div>
Those are still the old eyes, right GINO? Aside from the eye color, everything looks right about your Yoda. Even the size (iris, pupil, etc.) of the eyes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jango_Fett_Jr @ Feb 26 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1427274[/snapback]</div>
Chalking this one up as one of my all-time favourite replicas on the RPF. You really brought Yoda to life unlike any others I've seen.
[/b]

I agree. That really looks great.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(streetjudge79 @ Feb 26 2007, 07:42 AM) [snapback]1426866[/snapback]</div>
Trim that ear hair... Looks great except for the ear hair.
[/b]

What he said. That's all I look at when I see him. :lol

Looks amazing bud - the new eyes make a big difference.

Here's mine so far. Like GINO's the robe is cut but not stitched yet. Sorry the photo's a bit crappy:

001ya9.jpg

I haven't had a lot of time to work on him as I've been pretty busy. Still LOADS to do on this fella - such as adding the correct eyes, his inner robe, sew and weather the outer robe, more weathering and fine details to the paint on the head, hands and feet, more hair to punch in...

EDIT:

Another small update - the robe is sewn and weathering has begun:

1013801kj7.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back