TESB YODA (Completed)

Without question one of the most precise and faithful-to-the-original props of any kind I've ever seen.
Fantastic work Phil. :thumbsup

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

(I could use a lot more if I wanted to)

Awesome Phil.

:thumbsup

Cheers guys.... I've darekened down the lighting here. This makes it look more screen accurate I think.

Cyb.

WOW, nice job. In regular camera flash light, the eyes still look a bit bugged out BUT the lighting from above makes a huge difference- definitely makes the eyes appear more like the movie eyes. Awesome.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyberman @ Feb 24 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]1425635[/snapback]</div>
Cheers guys.... I've darekened down the lighting here. This makes it look more screen accurate I think.

Cyb.
[/b]

:eek

there are no words...

I keep visiting this thread just to look at the pics again. Wow.

Dave :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oldken @ Feb 24 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]1425928[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyberman @ Feb 24 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]1425635[/snapback]

Cyb.
[/b]

:eek

there are no words...
[/b][/quote]

It's a thing of beauty...

The "natural lighting" picture you last posted reminds me so much of a poster that used to hang in the kids' section of the library I went to when I was, well, a kid. It had a picture of (I believe) the real Yoda, in that exact pose, encouraging kids to read, in all his wisdom. Honestly, I was shocked when I saw yours because of how close it is to that childhood memory.

I wonder, is it possible to pad out his jowls a little?

I've probably overdone it a bit on this quick Photoshop hack...

fatter.jpg

Sorry but that looks odd - looks like hes been stung in the cheek... Its not like that from that angle (you should check the other pics of my puppet before coming to that conclusion)... The cheeks look bigger from other angles but you're comparing it at the wrong perspective mate. Also, if it had been wrong from that angle theres not a lot I could have done about it at this stage.

Cyb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miniaturizer Ray @ Feb 25 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]1426187[/snapback]</div>
I wonder, is it possible to pad out his jowls a little?

I've probably overdone it a bit on this quick Photoshop hack...

fatter.jpg

[/b]

Heres the original image (note it still has the old eyes in) that I used for that Composite.

And here from another angle you can see the cheeks are quite rounded.

Cyb.

No worries. It's probably my mistake. This is probably the poster that Patattack mentioned; as you can see, in this particular image, which is pretty similar to the angle of your photo, Yoda's cheeks look a bit chubbier:

007_yoda.jpg

As I said, I probably overdid it a bit.

It's just the angle most likely MR. In earlier pics of the unfinished Yoda head.........you can see the shape alot better. Yoda's face is so complex in terms of highs and lows, if you turn it just a fraction to match a photo...........it will match up alot better.

Just my opinion of course.

Dave :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back