The Mandalorian (TV series)

68751574_10157554786059468_8228743845454544896_o.jpg

<in a thick Kiwi accent> "Hi, I'm Iggy. I'm made of metal. This is my friend Miek..."

Looks okay. I mean it LOOKS right... I was worried it would look exactly like Rogue One.

One little thing tho that’s kinda .... irritating.

Did Boba Fett just call up every other Mandalorian bounty hunter out there and say, “hey guys... you know how we’re always trying to deliver our bounties - but always worried about them going bad before they get there? I’m at this mining facility and we just froze a dude... so this is thing now. And bonus: It looks really cool... we can give them like a premium package where they can display their trophy... and easy to store!!! Just line ‘em up like cubicle dividers”

I thought this was on another side of the galaxy... you know, where a new bounty packaging system might not be heard about immediately.

...Did Boba Fett just call up every other Mandalorian bounty hunter out there and say, “hey guys... you know how we’re always trying to deliver our bounties - but always worried about them going bad before they get there? I’m at this mining facility and we just froze a dude...

So. The period of time between Empire and ROTJ wasn't exactly short. And Han, Fett, and Jabba were all famous characters in the underworld before Han was ever frozen. The story about Jabba's "crazy new decoration" would have made the rounds. And then the story of Han's friends thawing him out, and then killing Jabba would have made waves in the scum circles too.

If the underworld learned that you could put a bounty on ice, then stack them like pallets in the cargo bay, instead of feeding them, surveiling them in a cell, etc, they'd start doing it like crazy.

Last edited:
Looks okay. I mean it LOOKS right... I was worried it would look exactly like Rogue One.

One little thing tho that’s kinda .... irritating.

Did Boba Fett just call up every other Mandalorian bounty hunter out there and say, “hey guys... you know how we’re always trying to deliver our bounties - but always worried about them going bad before they get there? I’m at this mining facility and we just froze a dude... so this is thing now. And bonus: It looks really cool... we can give them like a premium package where they can display their trophy... and easy to store!!! Just line ‘em up like cubicle dividers”

I thought this was on another side of the galaxy... you know, where a new bounty packaging system might not be heard about immediately.

The ability you freeze people in carbonite has been around for some time. They show it TCW.
And Boba isn't Mandalorian. He's just a guy who wears some Mandalorian armor.

Back when Star Trek: Voyager first started airing I quickly realized I had blown a fuse with Star Trek and didn't care about any of the new stuff on TV. They had DS9 overlap with the end on TNG and now another show overlapping with DS9.... and Trek movies at the same time.... too much man. Too much.

I don't remember who said it - but there was a comparison to Trek as Thanksgiving leftovers. There comes a point where you just don't want any more turkey*.

Star Trek and Star Wars have both thrown away the virtue of absence making the heart grow fonder. Everyone is looking at how to follow the Marvel model when I'm also getting to the point where I need a breather from Superhero movies every 2nd or 3rd month.

* This is a fair analogy for most people. I confess I could eat turkey and stuffing all the time as long as it's my grandma's old recipe.

Last edited:
Having carbon freezing used so non chalantly in Clone Wars always annoyed me. It undermines the tension of Empire because up until Lando says, "he's alive and in perfect hibernation" you fear that Han might die. Lando even says so to Vader.

"We use this facility for carbon freezing. You put him in there it might kill him." -Lando referring to Luke
"I do not want the Emperor's prize damaged. We will test it on Captain Solo." -Vader

Plus up until we see Han unfrozen at the beginning of Jedi, it's still no guarantee that Han will survive being thawed out.

As far as carbon freezing being used after ROTJ that works for me, but having it used prior to Empire undermines it's use because that was the period in the story timeline that it first appeared.

Last edited:
The trailer looks cool. Great cinematography especially with that shot of the speederbike skidding to a halt. The costume is gorgeous. I love the color scheme and the asymmetrical look of it. There is no doubt that this will be a new fan favorite and they will replicate it and wear them to conventions everywhere. That's the one thing Star Wars has consistently nailed for me all across the board, barring a few exceptions, is the costumes. They always fascinate me and look so freaking cool!

As far as excitement though I literally feel nothing thus far, though to be fair this is just a teaser. It certainly has potential. I think this is the direction Disney really should have gone with from the start so that they could really push the series in new directions. I hope this will be a turning point for the franchise and really see it flourish under a clear vision with Jon Favreau at the helm.

Yes you did indeed read a positive post about Disney era Star Wars content from me. You are not hallucinating. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back