The Mandalorian (TV series)

Hate that little green *******…
5AvTfl3.jpg

Ok… I’m going to make a non-negative Nancy Hot Take prediction for Mandalorian Season 3. More regarding to Grogu’s Order 66 flashbacks..

We’re going to learn that it was Anakin Skywalker who was the one who saved Grogu during the execution of Order 66…

Anakin will cut through the locked door in the jedi temple, and kill all of the of the other Jedi who are guarding Grogu and any other younglings who are old enough to attack Anakin after the 4 older jedi fall to him, but when it comes time to kill Grogu, who is likely an otherwise entirely helpless and defenseless child at this point in time, Anakin will ultimately hesitate, looking on ‘The Child’ who reminds him of his Master Yoda, the person of whom that Anakin confided in the most in his internal struggles aside from Padme, and he will choose to steal Grogu away to somewhere safe, away from the slaughter the 501st clones are enacting in the temple around them..
And in doing so becoming the very last act of kindness by Anakin Skywalker before falling down a path of no-return until the very end of ROTJ where he chooses to sacrifice himself in order to destroy Palpatine and save his son Luke..

I think this would work well for Grogu’s story for the season because it would help tie his fate to that of ‘The Chosen One’ in that Anakin saved Grogu; while also better highlighting Anakins personal inner struggles.. elevating Episode 3’s story in ways and the tragedy that Obi-wan was just never capable of ‘reaching’ and ‘teaching’ Anakin like he needed to, in place of Qui-gon, while better tying the series to the Prequels and even the OT in ways..

I could just be crazy though and the season might be a soulless tensionless corporate Disney Lucasfilm dumpster fire :p

Last edited:
I’d prefer something simpler, I’d love it to be R2

That would tie into Grogu’s fascination with the Razor Crests gear knob (silver with a blue dot), & why Grogu decided to go with Luke at the end of S2,….as soon as R2 rolled in, Grogu made his move to Luke

Dunno, just would tie it together

J

That would tie into Grogu’s fascination with the Razor Crests gear knob (silver with a blue dot), & why Grogu decided to go with Luke at the end of S2,….as soon as R2 rolled in, Grogu made his move to Luke

J
Oh I'm not removing R2 from that wild theory either mind you, because when Anakin shows up at Padme's immediately after Order 66, R2 is with him in his starfighter. It could very well be that Anakin has R2 take Grogu somewhere to hide if he doesn't do it himself.
I just think including Anakins internal struggles into the story would be the best way to write it for the purposes of tying everything together better in a spiritual sense, while still respecting the core Skywalker story in that Anakin, even though he'd fallen down a horrible path, was never truly "gone".

Those working at Disney era Lucasfilm by and large however are probably the same types of people who most often treat Vader and Anakin as though they are somehow literally different personalities/people entirely, and that Anakin somehow "disappeared" at the end of EIII until the end of ROTJ

I'm new to this thread and maybe someone has mentioned this, but...

I, for one, think that they should have let Grogu go with Luke and that's the last we see of him...let Mando go on with his swashbuckling adventures across the galaxy

I know this would NEVER happen because Grogu is such a little green CASH COW, but a boy can dream...:cry:

now we got him sitting in that little glass bubble on Mando's new ship...Ugh

I'm new to this thread and maybe someone has mentioned this, but...

I, for one, think that they should have let Grogu go with Luke and that's the last we see of him...let Mando go on with his swashbuckling adventures across the galaxy

I know this would NEVER happen because Grogu is such a little green CASH COW, but a boy can dream...:cry:

now we got him sitting in that little glass bubble on Mando's new ship...Ugh
Between Ahsoka and Grogu....thsoe two make the money. So I'd expect to see a lot of them in the next years.

And going by the trailer, it doesn't look like Grogu gets to keep his glass bubble for long.

J

R2 rescuing Grogu from the Temple:

tired-exhausted.gif

I'm not sure how I feel about him getting R5-D4. That feels... One of the things that came to bug me in the old EU was how interconnected everything was. It came to feel like every minor character and setpiece in the OT had some relation to the central characters and events, beyond just happening to be in the same location briefly. The fishbowl effect. Not everything needs to be tied up neatly with a bow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back