Limited Run The Princess Bride Battle of Wits Goblets cast in lead-free pewter

zenix

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sale thread!

https://vimeo.com/190123526
bc2d77ed62bdbe57784f41524d08ed51.jpg
df1011a716ac194ca6d66b67f9724506.jpg

Princess bride goblets cast in food safe lead free pewter, now available! $380 for a pair, $220 ea., plus $20 shipping per order USA.

Aaaand, I'm throwing in something awesome... a tube of Iocane Powder!
tube.jpgtube.PNG

It's made from a brown paper tube and an unused new cotton cigarette filter. The ones I'll be shipping you will have a new cigarette filter in the tube, but pictured is just a cotton ball.

For $400 you'll get a pair of goblets, iocane powder tube, and shipping in the US. Canada, add $10, elsewhere, contact me for a shipping quote.
For $240, you'll get a single goblet, Iocane powder tube, and shipping in the US.

Please sent payment as friends/family/gift on paypal to payments@custom3dstuff.com, or add 3.5% to cover the fee if you want to pay the way with buyer protection.

Once paid, I'll add your name to the official order list in the first post.

A note on the patina:
I looked into the patina a bit more, it turns out that you're not supposed to have food contact the chemically created patina. Therefore I'll not be applying the patina to the interior of the cup or the lid. Also pewter will develop a patina naturally, exacerbated by high temps and water in a dishwasher, over several washes. If you want me to not use the chemical at all when ordering, let me know.

Order list:

1. Logan Cade - SHIPPED with patina
2. Janae D. - SHIPPED - with patina
3. shamgar1981 - SHIPPED with patina
4. panaflex - cancelled
5. max jenius - shipped - with patina
6. Psicorp7 - cancelled
7. Estil V. - SHIPPED - with patina
8. Plasmar shipped

There have been several of you following along my build thread recently (near the end of the hijacked "princess Bride goblets opinions on details" thread http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=3880823) and I've successfully cast a proof of concept goblet. Orders are shipping!

f1af642874fb873e8bbf8c57d2633099.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey thanks guys! I'm excited. I'm melting down the first two right now:
7f35b7bdc7746307eae815fde4f6fbed.jpg
d4b5db794377f59d2a3301dd06101dc6.jpg
a81f19b2730af3a9b44417353e1672fd.jpg
795b0aa16bc4ce8611d3dab05d2c9902.jpg

And just to be sure my source for pewter was lead free, I bought a 3M detection kit. Red means lead. I was worried at first because it turned purple, but the manual and internet say that purple means negative for lead and positive for tin. Pewter is more than 92% tin, and the rest is copper and sometimes antimony, so that makes sense. Hopefully I have a finished one with the patina for you all to see this afternoon!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Beautiful work! Unfortunately I have other commitments at the moment otherwise I'd definitely be getting a set. Perhaps you'll have some leftovers by the time I'm back in the market.

Will this be an ongoing thing or limited? I just can't justify the money right now but in a couple months it's a definite possibility.

Sale thread!

After looking at the time it took me to pour, finish, sand down the bottom, patina etc. I'm going to charge $325 instead of $300 for the pair. I realize price changes are annoying, even small ones but I'm throwing in something awesome... a tube of Iocane Powder!
View attachment 591741View attachment 591742

It's made from a brown paper tube and a cotton cigarette filter. The ones I'll be shipping you will have a new cigarette filter in the tube, but pictured is just a cotton ball.

A single one still is available for $180. I'm including a tube of iocane powder with the single one as well if anyone's going for that option.

The total for a set is $345 including shipping in the US and comes with two goblets and a tube of powder (paper tube, cotton plug, odorless tasteless powder) and priority shipping.

For $200, you'll get a goblet, Iocane powder, and shipping.

I'm accepting orders now and hope to ship before the end of march, but since I'm not a professional caster and am just learning this, I don't want to make guarantees or rush it. I was able to successfully produce the one seen in the pictures in this thread so I feel confident. Please send payment as friends/family/gift on paypal to payments@custom3dstuff.com, or add 3.5% to cover the fee if you want to pay the way with buyer protection.

Once paid, I'll add your name to the official order list in the first post. If like to order more material as soon as possible to get this process rolling.

A note on the patina:
I looked into the patina a bit more, it turns out that you're not supposed to have food contact the patina. Therefore I'll not be applying the patina to the interior of the cup or the lid. Also pewter will develop a patina naturally, exacerbated by high temps and water in a dishwasher, over several washes. If you want me to not use the chemical at all when ordering, let me know.

Will this be an ongoing thing or limited? I just can't justify the money right now but in a couple months it's a definite possibility.
I can't say for sure. I'll make what I can, but if the mold wears out and there's not enough interest to make a second mold it might not be worth it.

Last edited:
Sale thread!

I can't say for sure. I'll make what I can, but if the mold wears out and there's not enough interest to make a second mold it might not be worth it.

It's cool, just bad timing on my part. They look great and thanks for the reply. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back