Walking Dead Rick Jacket

We're sourcing the updated suede based on the samples of the original UGG jacket. Will post as soon as the new leather has arrived...
Sweet! I saw someone left a review on the jacket at your site. Just out of curiosity, if someone orders one now. What exactly would show up? The earlier prototype version?

Just out of curiosity, if someone orders one now. What exactly would show up? The earlier prototype version?

The pattern has been updated, but we're still waiting on the new leather. If you ordered now, it could very well be done with the new, accurate leather. But if someone was in a rush (or there was a delay with the new leather) they would receive the previous leather. Regardless, you can place your order now and still put a note in the comments section that you want the newer leather and your order won't be done until the new stock arrives.

The pattern has been updated, but we're still waiting on the new leather. If you ordered now, it could very well be done with the new, accurate leather. But if someone was in a rush (or there was a delay with the new leather) they would receive the previous leather. Regardless, you can place your order now and still put a note in the comments section that you want the newer leather and your order won't be done until the new stock arrives.
Has the length proportion to the sleeves been reevaluated as well? I know you do custom measurements regardless but I remember that was one of the main things pointed out in regards to the normal body length going below the waist I believe

wow this jacket has not taken very long? only been in production for 2 years

We've been making these for customers the entire time, but we continue to tweak it as we receive new information, so each jacket becomes a bit more accurate.

Considering the build quality and communication as well as being able to have the jacket custom sized, I'd say it more than makes up for production time. Now that Indy has genuine leather from the real Ugg jacket and is able to source it, we're basically getting a customized genuine Ugg like jacket for half the price of the real deal

Looking forward to the next update Indy, hoping to place an order within the next couple months once taxes hit ;)

Considering the build quality and communication as well as being able to have the jacket custom sized, I'd say it more than makes up for production time. Now that Indy has genuine leather from the real Ugg jacket and is able to source it, we're basically getting a customized genuine Ugg like jacket for half the price of the real deal

Looking forward to the next update Indy, hoping to place an order within the next couple months once taxes hit ;)
Same here! Really excited for this. Can't belive i made this thread back in 2016 . I'm all for getting an UGG, but i haven't seen any in Medium or Large in over a year. I'm still hoping that Indy adds in the standard Medium size for this though.

Same here! Really excited for this. Can't belive i made this thread back in 2016 . I'm all for getting an UGG, but i haven't seen any in Medium or Large in over a year. I'm still hoping that Indy adds in the standard Medium size for this though.
is the collar dead accurate i mean EXACTLY like this picture? its notoriously difficult to achieve trust me ive spent hundreds of pounds on different jackets trying to explain to people how to design it but nobody anywhere has cracked it yet or even came cjose its highly frustrating!

Attachments

• 300eb515001af056d72a546851c2258c.jpg
    300eb515001af056d72a546851c2258c.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 265
is the collar dead accurate i mean EXACTLY like this picture? its notoriously difficult to achieve trust me ive spent hundreds of pounds on different jackets trying to explain to people how to design it but nobody anywhere has cracked it yet or even came cjose its highly frustrating!
As Indy mentioned, all custom jackets are made as such and you can request it to have the collar altered in that exact way or how the jacket originally shipped, however I am curious to see what the altered version looks like from Indy's design

Any news yet Indy Magnoli ? I know you mentioned there might be some dropping last week but I'm sure you're quite busy. Any pictures or something would be great, or any concepts for the altered collar?

We've been swamped with various projects, but just got some word that the new leather has arrived and we're starting on the updated prototype right now. The collar has been a bane from the start. It's a tricky one, for sure. It almost looks like they took the original collar, pushed the top of the zipper into the collar and then stitched it back flat to create that weird bulge and "disappearing" zipper. We're trying a few things to mimic this and will post once we have something to share.

We've been swamped with various projects, but just got some word that the new leather has arrived and we're starting on the updated prototype right now. The collar has been a bane from the start. It's a tricky one, for sure. It almost looks like they took the original collar, pushed the top of the zipper into the collar and then stitched it back flat to create that weird bulge and "disappearing" zipper. We're trying a few things to mimic this and will post once we have something to share.

Indeed that collar is a pain to replicate. It's hard to describe it with just words. I've made a sketch of it about how I think they've possibly done it. Since I have an original brown and an original black I had at least something to work with. :)

Imgur

Collar 6.jpg

That's exactly what I had in mind as well! Glad to see I wasn't crazy with my thinking. We'll see about implementing something like this to mimic the original.

I'd say, start with making the collar as close to the original unaltered jacket (be it a mock/test collar for that matter), then apply the alterations. You could eventually maybe pre-design the alterations into the jacket model cut to maybe save some material, but I'm not sure if you'd be saving any material or if you'd get the same results.

hi i really want the collar IDENTICAL in evry shape curve and nuance and also that bulgy pasrt of the shearling on the right hand side of the collar just like this picture here

Attachments

• TWD_501_GP_0505_0458-1014x570.jpg
    TWD_501_GP_0505_0458-1014x570.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 152
hi i really want the collar IDENTICAL in evry shape curve and nuance and also that bulgy pasrt of the shearling on the right hand side of the collar just like this picture here
i ave tried and failed with numerous companies to achieve this and the closest i have come is cutting the top of the collar my self to make the top of the collar go across and then up to achieve the pointy effect t and then have my local taylor stich it up for me i truly believe i have the most accurate collar on three of my jackets more than anyone anywhere! the only part i am missing is the bulgy part of the shearling that seems to fold over the ziptrack and round th the back of the top of the collar ha ha! if you see what i mean!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back