MR UK Exclusive Stormtrooper Helmet - £49.99 inc (22/4/08)

Re: MR UK Exclusive Stormtrooper Helmet

Hey Darth....where did you order from...how long did it take and how much???? thanks man!!!!

Hey Darth....where did you order from...how long did it take and how much???? thanks man!!!!

I picked it up off of E-bay (I'll PM you the seller if you want) and got it for around $250.00 (including shipping). The shipping is the killer. It's a lot to come from the UK and with the exchange rate like it is with the US Dollar and the British pound, it's a bit of a raping. However, it was worth it. Shipping took a while, but most of that time was spent in US Custom's custody. I think overall, it was about 2 weeks to get it to me once it left the UK.

Movado

www.toy-palace.com

They have the helmet (500 of them at least) and they will ship to the US. The helmets are 99.00 EUR with 35.00 shipping worldwide. That calculates out to be $146.16 with $51.00 shipping. That's as of rates on 2/19/08 at 12:05 AM. The exchange rate may change ever so slightly with the days ahead.

Hope that helps.

Movado

Last edited:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but its actually 99.90 Euros for the helmet and that price includes tax chargeable if you're in the EU. For non-EU purchasers, the price would only be about 84 Euros, shipping excluded of course.

Oops, my mistake. I forgot that Germany is under a different currency. Sorry about that. I'm just going on the 99.90 price on the website! :)

My apologies again. I changed the figures above to reflect the proper currency exchange. :)

Thanks for setting me straight.

Movado

Last edited:

Keep us updated with what you come up with for mods...looning forward to seeing what you come up with

Just ordered a second bucket in case I fail with my mod attempts.
Progress and results will be posted separately. But I think it will take
some serious time. Let's see...

Here some better pics..I found them in the MR-Forum..my helmet is on the way...:love
On the left a 900$ SDS-Trooperhelmet..on the right side the "Cheap One"from MR....:

Now both with black eyes:

Better with dark eyes?I think a really great deal for the price...

I think the new MR looks more like the Herohelmet as the Stuntversion,because it has a smaller nosestripe,grey strips on the sides(not blue)..he needs only dark "bubble lenses"or something dark behind the eyes..than it´s looking great..ok,not 100%perfekt,but 90%..

Original Herohelmet:

Original Stunthelm:

Were can I buy dark "bubble lenses" for my MR?

Last edited:

To me, it's meaner looking than the expensive one. I like mine. Glad of my purchase. The dark lenses do look better though. Will the darker bubble lenses that fit F/X helmets fit this one? Anyone? Anyone?

:lol

Movado

I need dark bubble lenses,too...has anyone a shoplink...were I can buy them? :confused

I think,the MR LE looks not a lot better as the CE.Ok,it has better materials,but for so much money more,the CE is the better one for me.The look isn´t so much better to pay so much money more.

I like starwarshelmets.com,but I think the pics from the CE are not so good..sorry..you can use my pics,if you like them...;-)
It would be interesting to see both together...the CE next to the LE.
And about the Rubies Supreme and the MR LE Vader: I have 3 Rubieshelmets and the MR LE...the Rubies looks so bad(out of the box)...it´s really not fair,to see it in the same class,like the MR CE Trooper.I think the Rubies Vader is 50%accurate and the MR LE Vader is 99%accurate.
But when LE Trooper is 95%accurate,the CE is 89%.Ok,the quality is not the same,but for trooping the CE is even better..I think the LE is more a great displayobjekt.
For the price of 99 Euros,the CE is an amazing deal!:love

Here it is on the Vader LE-Stand between one of my 1:1 Kroenenmasks...the helmet is a lot bigger,but on the pic it stand behind the Kroenenhead..;-)..

Last edited:

But when LE Trooper is 95%accurate,the CE is 89%.Ok,the quality is not the same,but for trooping the CE is even better..I think the LE is more a great displayobjekt.
For the price of 99 Euros,the CE is an amazing deal!

I'm curious how you come up with those figures ?

1.the construction is wrong
2.its symmetrical
3.the materials wrong
4.the tube stripes are wrong colour

Yes the LE is for display that's the point of it, the CE is designed for wearing, and yes you might think they both look good but i can't see how you could describe either as accurate in any way.

I'm curious how you come up with those figures ?

1.the construction is wrong
2.its symmetrical
3.the materials wrong
4.the tube stripes are wrong colour

Yes the LE is for display that's the point of it, the CE is designed for wearing, and yes you might think they both look good but i can't see how you could describe either as accurate in any way.

The only,I wanna say is,that the different between the Trooperhelmets is not so big,like the Vaders(Rubies S.and MR LE).
To your points:
1.Yes,the construcion is wrong,but I like it..and is it at the LE 100% right?
2.Yes,its symmetricel,but I like it,too.I don´t understand the problem with the symmetricel parts.Today,Lucas would produce his parts 100%symmetrical(like the new Vader)...it´s not realistic,that a modern Army,like the empire are making asym.armor and helmets.I see it with other eyes,because the movies are a little bit older.That´s the point,because I like the new Vader..he´s sym.and more realistic.But from the "Proppoint"you are right...the original is more asym.-but I don´t like it.
3.Yes?What was the Originalmaterial?Was it the same for stunt+hero?The Hero has no black interior in the inside like the MR LE.You can see that in the Szene,when Solo put the helmet down,to speak with the imp.commander.The inside was white..like the CE.
4.Yes thats right..but on some pics from ANH,the stripes are looking more grey.Look at this pic:

Are the stripes on the LE blue or grey?
I think they are both not perfekt...so I don´t pay a lot of money for one of them..but 99 Euros is ok.:)
So the only point I don´t like is the 4.point.If the colours of the stripes are blue on all helmets,I must change that.
I´m really not a Trooperexpert..so I will learn from the experts.:angel

Last edited:

Both the LE and CE are innacurate in the ways i listed

I'm not rubbishing either i'm just saying they aren't accurate.

LE is meant to be a Hero helmet it's constructed from fibreglass the originals were white ABS.

The CE is supposed to be a stunt it's constructed from white ABS the originals were painted HDPE.

Both are symmetrical personal preferences aside it's not accurate.

Both originals were 4 piece construction neither the LE or CE are.

Yes in some pics the hue of the stripes differ but they are blue not grey there are a number of reasons why colours can appear different in pics.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back