Interest Amazing Spiderman Face Shell

santiclause

Sr Member
Hello, I know there have been multiple face shells already created, but I believe this one is the most accurate. I've created a 3D model of the face shell using reference images of the face shell used on screen. I've also created the lens frames and shells for the eyes.

I have a few renders so you can see what the print should look like. I created magnet tabs integrated into the face shell like the one used for the movie has, the only difference is on the bottom magnet tab I made it rectangular instead of a semi circle (like the one used for the movies). This was for a few reasons, one of them being that it would be difficult for magnet placement and also with all the magnet tabs being rectangular and the same size, the kit would only require 1 size and shape of magnet, which I can include.

offer a kit with an already printed shell, frames, lens shapes, and magnets. - $150-200

Lets see if there is any interest out there for a pretty accurate spidey face shell.
Thanks.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg11.jpg13.jpg

Last edited:
It should look how it looks on the screen, minus the transparent red material. I've done numerous models for printing and haven't had any problems yet. This isn't my first mask either, I created a few for clients on here including spawn, deathstroke, redhood and a few variations of deathstroke masks like xforce version. The only thing I was thinking about is the clear lenses. I have the lens shapes modeled, but I would need to actually create the clear lenses, I was thinking clear acrylic vacume formed.

As far as under a mask or suit, I think it would look fine, I noticed in the film they attached an expandable material to the shell to keep it on his head and matt down his hair, I was thinking the same could be done with this one, it is modeled after the screen used version after all :D

It should look how it looks on the screen, minus the transparent red material. I've done numerous models for printing and haven't had any problems yet. This isn't my first mask either, I created a few for clients on here including spawn, deathstroke, redhood and a few variations of deathstroke masks like xforce version. The only thing I was thinking about is the clear lenses. I have the lens shapes modeled, but I would need to actually create the clear lenses, I was thinking clear acrylic vacume formed.

As far as under a mask or suit, I think it would look fine, I noticed in the film they attached an expandable material to the shell to keep it on his head and matt down his hair, I was thinking the same could be done with this one, it is modeled after the screen used version after all :D

If you could get some shots of it completed and under a mask that would be awesome. That would be a very nice feature to the shell plus make it look that much more pro? Not sure if that makes sense, but that does help alot more so for people with longer hair like myself.

I would like to, but even if I got it printed I don't have a mask to put over it.

I think it would be fine with the hair, I know the actor that plays spiderman had sort of thick messed up looking hair and their shell seemed to matt it down good and keep it contained, mine should do that same. I'm not sure how you would go about containing "long" hair like in the back.

Perhaps I'll get this thing printed and finish it up just like the screen used one with stretchy fabric attached to the face shell in certain areas. I just am hesitant to spend the money on the 3D print if no one wants them, and I don't have a spidey suit of my own so I couldn't even use the one I print lol :D

Wow this truly looks amazing and I am interested to see what it looks like in person. I was wondering how the whole offering "the 3D printable file" thing works because I have access to a 3D printer at my college and since I am studying animation they let me use it for free (plus my tutor is cool haha). How much would the file be? :)

Wow this truly looks amazing and I am interested to see what it looks like in person. I was wondering how the whole offering "the 3D printable file" thing works because I have access to a 3D printer at my college and since I am studying animation they let me use it for free (plus my tutor is cool haha). How much would the file be? :)

Ok, so I'm thinking the 3D printable file will be $75 which is a great deal if you ask me, compared to what I normally charge a single client for a mask/helmet 3d file. This will still leave room in your budget to get it printed elsewhere or on your own 3D printer until I can get enough interest in this to make my own 3D print and make a master mold to cast some face masks.

Funkster and Sarednab: I'm thinking approximate cost for a kit will be around $150-200

So 3D printable file: $75
face mask kit: $150-200

Sounds good man, probably the most screen accurate TASM2 face shell I've seen.
Btw what program did you use to make these, I'm currently making my TASM2 lenses on Autodesk Maya, I am on the right track but its just taking forever :D

Thanks, I appreciate it! If you or anyone is interested in just the 3D printable file for now, just let me know on here or send me a PM and we'll get it done.

So far it looks like 5 people have showed interest. If I can get 5 more, I'll go ahead and get a 3D print and get the kit going.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back